Our BetterMost Community > The Holiday Forum

What about Beans?!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Ellemeno:

--- Quote from: shakestheground on November 22, 2006, 12:32:51 pm ---My sister is hosting as she always does and the theme this year is coffee: cakes, gravy, etc., if anyone has any receipies involving coffee I'd love to hear them.
--- End quote ---

shakes, you could bring this for a fun little pastime:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=5184.msg115914#msg115914

Front-Ranger:
How about turkey mole? It has coffee in it!!

This weekend, I am making bean soup yet again! I'm starting to run out of beans! Has anyone ever tried making bean soup with baked beans before? I think these are also called Boston baked beans.

Meryl:

--- Quote from: Front-Ranger on December 16, 2006, 02:18:03 pm ---How about turkey mole? It has coffee in it!!

This weekend, I am making bean soup yet again! I'm starting to run out of beans! Has anyone ever tried making bean soup with baked beans before? I think these are also called Boston baked beans.

--- End quote ---

I once had bean soup at a tavern in Charleston that was like homemade baked beans to which cream or milk had been added to make them soupy.  It was delicious.  :P

Front-Ranger:
It is New Year's week still so I am making lima beans for lunch. I'm simply stewing them with onion and turkey bacon; then I will make a soup with the rest. Let me know of any good ingredients I should add.

Jeff Wrangler:

--- Quote from: Front-Ranger on January 04, 2024, 03:08:54 pm ---It is New Year's week still so I am making lima beans for lunch. I'm simply stewing them with onion and turkey bacon; then I will make a soup with the rest. Let me know of any good ingredients I should add.

--- End quote ---

How about adding some diced potato?

Did you use canned beans or dried beans that you had to soak overnight (what my mother always used)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version