Author Topic: del Mar Painting by b73  (Read 127633 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: del Mar Painting by b73
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 03:46:03 pm »
So what did you all do to get her to friend you?  ??? I hope this is not a case of people having to belong to and be accepted by a certain clique to be a reader  (in which case I'm *so* not interested. That kind of thing and the related wank-fests pretty much ruined another fandom I was a part of for the longest time...)

I would like to read DelMarPainting and has left a request to be friended, but so far no response.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 05:11:36 pm »
So what did you all do to get her to friend you?  ??? I hope this is not a case of people having to belong to and be accepted by a certain clique to be a reader  (in which case I'm *so* not interested. That kind of thing and the related wank-fests pretty much ruined another fandom I was a part of for the longest time...)

I would like to read DelMarPainting and has left a request to be friended, but so far no response.

I don't like cliques and I certainly don't belong to one and it ruined a fandom I'd belonged to for months too  :(   I'd never read any of her stuff before DMP so she didn't know me at all. I just friended her and she friended me right back. I know she's really busy now maybe she doesn't pay attention to that kind of stuff on her journal atm  :(
Aww I feel for you, it's such a shame you can't read it  :(  And I really don't have any idea what else you could do  :(

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2006, 05:24:47 pm »
I friended b73 and then left a request for her to befriend me as a comment. The first 20 chapters are not locked (unless she did it in the last day or two) and so you should be able to get started.

As far as being a clique, it's not. I think Maggie just wants to avoid potential problems as there has been some drama in FanFic-dom. It's ridiculous as far as I'm concerned but there have been serious consequences for some writers and it's just not right.

Leslie / cc33

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2006, 05:40:43 pm »
Thanks for your replies!  :)

I've done what you did, so I'll just wait and see. Could well be she's just busy and can't deal with "fans" every day of the week.

I've read all the non- flocked chapters. Of course I really like them! Love the chipper, no-nonsense, verbal-style tone of Jack's story-telling throughout. And those paint colours!  ;D

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2006, 05:55:44 pm »
You know, Maggie didn't email me or anything. When I viewed my Friends page I found I had access to the other chapters. I'm going there RIGHT NOW 'cause Daddy - I gotta get me some more of those Paint Boyz  ;)

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2006, 07:53:13 pm »
Thanks Leslie!  :)  Are you okay with me using it Mandy? After all, you asked for someone to make it and came up with the brilliant pic, as always!  :)

Oh me too, Leslie. I can't believe how much I adore them

of course you can use it  ;D I don't mind at all!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2006, 08:02:31 pm »
of course you can use it  ;D I don't mind at all!

:-*

mvansand76

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2006, 08:49:41 am »
OK, I gave this a try... and I liked it until now, but the 'daddy' gets on my friggin' nerves!!!!! Oops... sorry... ;)

What's with the friends locked chapters?

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2006, 10:33:03 am »
LOL, there was debate over the daddy thing for a while, some hate it, some love it  :D (I love it  ::) )

She started friend locking around ch. 26 because of a plagarism discussion and it was all kind of ridiculous but left Maggie really upset so she's locked this particular story. you should be able to just comment on one of her non locked ones and asked to be friended. All I had to do was friend her and she friended me right back even though I had never even commented on any of her stories before.
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2006, 10:38:47 am »
(I love it  ::) )

Me too!  ::)

;D

Don't think there is anything about DMP that I don't LOVE!  ::)