Author Topic: BBM every Thanksgiving?  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
BBM every Thanksgiving?
« on: November 23, 2006, 08:19:17 pm »
Over on Safe Haven, Impish wrote:

It just hit me that they are airing Brokeback Mountain on a holiday weekend!! one of the biggest family holidays!! YAY>>>!

Since BBM has that great Thanksgiving scene, shouldn't it be screened every Thanksgiving, like "It's a Wonderful Life" or "Wizard of Oz" or (UK) "The Snowman" at Chr*stmas? Where do we peitition?

I give thanks (don't know to whom) that I'm gay, and now have a wonderful husband.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: BBM every Thanksgiving?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 08:54:52 pm »
I give thanks (don't know to whom) that I'm gay, and now have a wonderful husband.

To yourself maybe? Thanking oneself for the good things in ones life is important too. :D
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 10:01:57 pm »
To take a moment, and remember, and say, to no one in particular: "I swear".
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 07:00:45 am »

I'm happy for you! But say, in what country do you live to be allowed to have a husband, as a gay man?  :)
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 07:44:53 am »
I'm happy for you! But say, in what country do you live to be allowed to have a husband, as a gay man?  :)

There are about 5 countries that now have gay marriages (Canada, being one a them, Spain another)

Then there are civil unions (UK) in a number a other countries (and some american states)

But what really matters is that, in your heart, you can be thankful for the "husband" in your life - whether the "state" or society-at-large recognizes the relationship or not

Good on you Shuggy (The new-zealander - where civil unions are recognized, I believe)
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer