Author Topic: I need a break.  (Read 4733 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: I need a break.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 08:54:28 am »
I haven't watched the whole DVD yet - some of it.  But I'm not a good movie-goer.  I love watching films in snippets and pieces, and I know the story, the dialogue, the characters so well that it doesn't seem to be a problem for me.  Even with BBM, I have the hardest time sitting still through the whole thing, so I'm not a good example.  

What I saw on my tv I loved equally.  I don't have the distraction of ofther people, and enjoyed that I could watch is completely undisturbed - no audience reaction to pull me out of my own experience.  True the screen was smaller, but in some ways I felt closer to the characters.  i've been lost in their world, and now they are also in mine, which I love.

I've read the short story and screenplay again as well since getting the DVD, and find the magic still there as well.

But - all that being said, maybe this is the most compelling reason of all to have a 'Brokie Convention' of some kind...to resurrect the power and majesty of the story to the big screen.  Where we can watch it ensconsed in an environment where the shared reverence for the filmic experience elevates our individual experience.

My thoughts on the matter, for what it's worth...

For what it's worth, it was worth all the while...  :)

And I *love* this:  " i've been lost in their world, and now they are also in mine."  That's It.
No more beans!