Author Topic: I SABOTAGED THE NARNIA DISPLAY  (Read 18747 times)

rtprod

I SABOTAGED THE NARNIA DISPLAY
« on: April 07, 2006, 09:50:58 pm »
Okay, well it was really more like I "added" to it but I definitely gave it a different face.  A small bit of revolution, but a little bit of subversion can go a loooong way.  Besides, when the store leaves the Brokeback stand-up in the back room, what other options are there?  ???

PS --if you're seeing this without pics then i screwed up and standby...

rt

vkm91941

Re: I SABOTAGED THE NARNIA DISPLAY
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 09:54:57 pm »
Good for You!  I adore a man who takes the initiative! :-* Pic are loud and clear... Just looks like creative merchandising to me! LOL
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 09:57:49 pm by vkm91941 »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 09:55:45 pm »
Okay, well it was really more like I "added" to it but I definitely gave it a different face.  A small bit of revolution, but a little bit of subversion can go a loooong way.  Besides, when the store leaves the Brokeback stand-up in the back room, what other options are there?  ???

PS --if you're seeing this without pics then i screwed up and standby...

rt

I'm seeing the pics, rt--you little devil, you!  >:D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 09:57:53 pm »
that's hilarious.  i want more!  we should go on missions.  cover all the crash dvds with the real best picture  >:D
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 10:00:11 pm »
LOL, rt, I LOVE it! *muah*

rtprod

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 10:02:48 pm »
Little,

I'm up for it.  We need a national effort, sorta like a BBM Fight Club or something...

Radical Brokies Unite. Strength in numbers.

rt
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 10:27:43 pm by rtprod »

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 10:03:17 pm »
 ;D Hee-hee! I love it! What a great idea!

I know what I'll be doing tomorrow afternoon...  :P
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 10:12:30 pm »
We need a national effort, sorta like a BBM Fight Club or something...

The First Rule of Better Most  is: you do not talk about Better Most.

The Second Rule of Better Most is: YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT BETTER MOST.

If I had a tumor, I'd call it Aguirre.

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 10:16:11 pm »
The Rules of BBM Club: (a.k.a. Project NDS - Narnia Display Sabotage)

#1 - The first rule of BBM Club is, you do not talk about BBM Club.

#2 - The second rule of BBM Club is, you DO NOT talk about BBM Club.

#3 - If someone says stop, throw a BBM DVD at them, knock over the Narnia display and run.

#4 - Two guys/girls to a display.

#5 - One display at a time.

#6 - No shirts, no shoes. (LOL, I thought I'd keep that original Fight Club rule in 'cause I like it  ;D)

#7 - Narnia Display Sabotages will go on as long as they have to.

#8 - If this is your first night at BBM Club, you have to sabotage a display.

PS - Damn you, Chanterais, you posted while I was typing.  ;D Great minds think alike  ;)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 10:19:23 pm by dmmb_Mandy »

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 10:16:39 pm »
For shame!  What kind of impression do you think you're making on all those impressionable little kids...uh..um...

Hey, what a great idea! ;D

Think I'll toddle up to Borders tomorrow and see what kind of damage I can do. >:D

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 10:28:45 pm »
ROFL!! That's awesome! I might have to do something like that tomorrow at work. We have DVDs right by the registers where the magazines are, I'll have to put some there and over at our Narnia display :D

rtprod

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 10:29:35 pm »
Awesome.  I feel another arm of the BBM movement growing.  If you do it, snap a camera-phone pic and post.....

I did a baby step.  Time for a bigger one!   >:D >:D >:D >:D

Extra points for any Crash bash.  

rt  

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 10:31:46 pm »
Sadly I don't have a cam phone :-\

rtprod

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 10:33:41 pm »
Why the hell didn't I think of this before the release date?  We could have "gotten to" a few fine sales associates...    >:D

rt
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 10:44:35 pm by rtprod »

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 10:36:57 pm »
Love it!  ;D

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

rtprod

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 10:41:54 pm »
And I LOOOVE that avatar, JUDE....  It just doesn't get any better than that.  Forget about it. 

rt

Now go out into the (retail) world and do some damage.   

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 10:43:20 pm »
And I LOOOVE that avatar, JUDE....  It just doesn't get any better than that.  Forget about it.   

Ditto.

rtprod

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 10:45:41 pm »
Brandon, once again you and I are on the same page. 

But I'm a kinder and gentler rt these days.  I don't mind sharing. 

;D

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006, 10:48:49 pm »
 ;)

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2006, 10:49:01 pm »
*planning my Narnia attack* But where? Wal-mart??  >:D

rtprod

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2006, 10:52:21 pm »
Mandy, has to be a multi-prong attack.  Find a suburban enclave (preferably near an institution of worship) and hit Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Circuit City, Target and the rest.  Better yet, hide some of the Narnia stock in well-disguised parts of the store (like in washer/dryer basin displays or behind Wal-Mart's expensive towel line) so sales will fall as flat as those awful CGI effects in the final reel.  Doubt Aslan can "rise" once again from the inside of a locked portable freezer.  :'(

rt 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 02:18:28 am by rtprod »

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2006, 10:58:32 pm »
so sales will fall as flat as those awful CGI effects in the final reel.  Doubt Aslan can rise once again from the inside of a locked portable freezer.

rt 

:D  You're so bad!

rtprod

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2006, 11:02:42 pm »
Feels so good...  Add this to my NC-17 thread and I guess I'm becoming a whole new person here with a little bit of help...  :-* :-* :-*

rt

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2006, 11:06:23 pm »
Mandy, has to be a multi-prong attack.  Find a suburban enclave (preferably near an institution of worship) and hit Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Circuit City, Target and the rest.  Better yet, hide some of the Narnia stock in well-disguised parts of the store (like in washer/dryer basin displays or behind Wal-Mart's expensive towel line) so sales will fall as flat as those awful CGI effects in the final reel.  Doubt Aslan can rise once again from the inside of a locked portable freezer.  :'(

rt 

The only store that we have here out of all of those is Wal-mart! But I'll see what I can do. Also: HMV, Futureshop, Shoppers..etc

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2006, 11:09:27 pm »
Argh!  rt you are creating some AWESOME threads lately my friend.  I just about died laughing while I was reading this one.  I am so going to start a branch of BBM Club in Toronto.  Watch out Wal-Mart, Best Buy, HMV, Future Shop, etc.... 

Why do I suddenly feel the need to go to a support group meeting for a disease I don't have?
   Cowboys do it better

rtprod

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2006, 11:14:49 pm »
Nicole,

Something has come over me in the last few days -- I dunno -- I'm feeling a little less literate and a little bit unleashed.  I started a thread about LOVE and it turned into something about raunchy sex.  Who am I to complain? 

Time to have fun again! We're in a new home and all this grieving over the lost Oscar is DONE.  The film is now here, on DVD, in our hands, and we're taking back its rightful spot at the top!!!!

:o :o :o :o :o

BRUCE WAYNE, AKA RT

vkm91941

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2006, 11:33:04 pm »
Nicole,

Something has come over me in the last few days -- I dunno -- I'm feeling a little less literate and a little bit unleashed.  I started a thread about LOVE and it turned into something about raunchy sex.  Who am I to complain? 

Time to have fun again! We're in a new home and all this grieving over the lost Oscar is DONE.  The film is now here, on DVD, in our hands, and we're taking back its rightful spot at the top!!!!

BRUCE WAYNE, AKA RT

Hell Yes let's all let our hair down and have a good time!  The hatemongers tried to squelch us with their hate, the Christian right tried to beat us over the head with their bibles an their misquoting of scripture.  The inane and the immature tried to bury us in drivel and the trolls tried to break our spirit...but guess what We're Still  HERE...all together...so let's have a good time!!!! >:D

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2006, 11:35:53 pm »
Nicole,

BRUCE WAYNE, AKA RT

Wow - you're a wild man Bruce!  Next thing you know you're going to be PMing me your picture, real name and your current job title, lol, or is that just wishful thinking on my part?  I hate how one-sided this friendship is mister!  In any case, I'm loving your threads and agree that it's time to bring the fun back to our boards. 
   Cowboys do it better

Offline You-Bet

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2006, 11:37:15 pm »
 :o rt, bud you are really on a roll!  You're right, we should've come up with this plan before the DVD release so we could've organized our "secret opertation".  In fact, at one point I was considering having small adhesive stickers made saying "The Most Honored Film of the Year" then secretly putting them on every DVD in every store I went to! :o

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2006, 11:39:06 pm »
Great job!

And while I take no joy in defending Best Buy, I do have to say the store I visited the other day did have a huge BBM display right at the very front of the store.   But I pledge to follow your lead in any other stores I find where that's not the case. :)
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

vkm91941

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2006, 11:41:52 pm »
:o rt, bud you are really on a roll!  You're right, we should've come up with this plan before the DVD release so we could've organized our "secret opertation".  In fact, at one point I was considering having small adhesive stickers made saying "The Most Honored Film of the Year" then secretly putting them on every DVD in every store I went to! :o

Ohh I like the way you think!

rtprod

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2006, 11:48:54 pm »
Wow - you're a wild man Bruce!  Next thing you know you're going to be PMing me your picture, real name and your current job title, lol, or is that just wishful thinking on my part?  I hate how one-sided this friendship is mister!  In any case, I'm loving your threads and agree that it's time to bring the fun back to our boards. 

Nicole, whoah, hold on, you're scaring me...  I love that you love my threads.   But since I know girls don't fall in love with fun, I think I'm in the clear.... 

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

rt

rtprod

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2006, 11:51:39 pm »
YEAH to what Vic said.  You see, the trolls got nothing on us.  NADA.  For some reason, now that we've all settled in and are comfortable here, not defending ourselves against insults and spending energy planning our exit, things have gotten FUN again.  Maybe more than they have ever been... 

Michael, soooooo happy to see you here.  You still haven't gone back to the NC-17 and fessed up about your own "feelings" on the matter....  I'm watching you.  >:D >:D >:D

rt
xo

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2006, 11:57:40 pm »

Nicole, whoah, hold on, you're scaring me...  I love that you love my threads.   But since I know girls don't fall in love with fun, I think I'm in the clear.... 

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

rt

Well, I suppose you're in the clear....for now.  LOL.  Keep it up with the funny and you may just have a stalker on your hands.   :P
   Cowboys do it better

rtprod

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2006, 12:04:29 am »
Oooh.  My first stalker!  This thread is beginning to sound like another one near the top....   :-X

rt 

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2006, 12:09:40 am »
Oooh.  My first stalker!  This thread is beginning to sound like another one near the top....   :-X

rt 

You've never had a stalker?  Lol....I had one once when I was in high school but he was very harmless and left me really great gifts every Valentine's Day so it was more flattering than anything else :D
   Cowboys do it better

Offline You-Bet

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2006, 12:12:21 am »
Michael, soooooo happy to see you here.  You still haven't gone back to the NC-17 and fessed up about your own "feelings" on the matter....  I'm watching you.  >:D >:D >:D

rt
xo

:o Oh bud, you're watching me?  Hmmmm. Well, the other night I contemplated joining in on the NC-17 thread...but I couldn't come up with anything I felt was as witty and naughty as you "guys" were posting.  But I promise I'll stop by sometime, I have a feeling that thread will be around a long time! ;D

rtprod

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2006, 12:17:45 am »
hey mikey--

yeah, i guess "watching" was a weird word -- and here i was saying no one ever stalked me...  LOL...  ;D

just love your voice here and since we've always "clicked" would love to read your thoughts on jack, ennis and michael...  ;)

rt 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 10:47:12 am by rtprod »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2006, 06:45:37 am »
heheh! loving it rtprod!

Us Euro's can launch such an attack on mass when  it comes out. certainly its the 24th here in the UK!

ao, and can we all have stalker puh-leese!?

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2006, 05:31:58 pm »
So, I did my part today.  I was out walking around the city with some friends and we went to HMV (I bought Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins for those interested, lol).  Anyhow, there was a large shelf divided down the middle with one half devoted to Narnia and the other to BBM.  Well, when I was done, there were no visible Narnia's!  I moved about 20 dvds over to cover them all.  I took a picture with my friends camera phone, so hopefully she can email it to me and I'll post it.  She thought I was insane btw.  She kept saying that I had gone over to the "bad place", lol. 
   Cowboys do it better

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2006, 05:35:21 pm »
At Borders there was a section of new releases. The top shelf had three stacks of BBM next to three stacks of Narnia. I covered all the Narnia, then went on to the regular DVD shelves. The Crash DVDs were near BBM (alphabetical order) so I went ahead and covered those too. No camera phone, couldn't take a picture. Haha, it would have never occured to me to do that if it weren't for this thread.

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2006, 05:37:36 pm »
So, I did my part today.  I was out walking around the city with some friends and we went to HMV (I bought Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins for those interested, lol).  Anyhow, there was a large shelf divided down the middle with one half devoted to Narnia and the other to BBM.  Well, when I was done, there were no visible Narnia's!  I moved about 20 dvds over to cover them all.  I took a picture with my friends camera phone, so hopefully she can email it to me and I'll post it.  She thought I was insane btw.  She kept saying that I had gone over to the "bad place", lol. 

nicole, are you a rilo kiley fan?  what do you think of jenny's solo album?  i think it's great, but i prefer rk.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2006, 05:38:29 pm »

Hahahahaha, You crack me up Nicole.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2006, 05:41:31 pm »
Wow rtprod this seriously sounds like something I would do! I actually remember having a conversation with someone on the old board about dressing up as a ninja and putting stickers on all the BBM DVDs that said "The true best picture of 2005". Then the person got scared and never spoke to me again....I wonder if that person is on here?
A couple of days ago when I went into Silverscreen I accidently knocked over some Crash DVDs and then ran out of the shop.
But anyway I think me and Kelda should do this when it comes out in the UK. You up for a challenge K?

Let the Crappy DVD covering comence!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2006, 05:45:49 pm »

nicole, are you a rilo kiley fan?  what do you think of jenny's solo album?  i think it's great, but i prefer rk.

Yes I am a major Rilo Kiley fan.  And I completely agree with you - the JL solo cd is great (I really love her cover of Handle Me With Care w/ Ben Gibbard an Conor Oberst!) but RK is superior.  I love, love, love her voice.  Have you heard "Teenage Love Song" by RK?  It's one of my favourites and hardly anyone I know has heard it!

Also, thanks Ray!  You crack me up on a very frequent basis yourself...
   Cowboys do it better

rtprod

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2006, 07:10:59 pm »
Whoowee, Nicole and Courtney!  Way to gooo...  Nicole, upload those pics ASAP!!!!

xo

rt   ;D

vkm91941

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2006, 09:22:11 pm »
We have a chain of grocery stores out here in California called Vons and they are huge major stores...they carry everything.  Well right up front where you check out it his shelve of new release DVD's and Narnia, Chicken Little and Crash were all right up FRONT and BBM, Capote and GN&GL was behind them so my son Dave & I, bold as brass, >:D stood there for 5 minutes rearrranging the display so BBM, Capote and GN&GL were up front and everything else was pushed back.  My younger son kept look out for the manager.  One woman stopped and said "that looks better already"  We cracked up!  Sorry no fancy photo feature on my phones..but thought you might like to know we struck our blow as well.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 10:22:50 pm by vkm91941 »

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2006, 10:20:54 pm »
so my son Dave & I, bold as brass, >:D stood there for 5 minutes rearrranging the display so BBM, Capote and GN&GL were up front and everything else was pushed back.  My younger son kept look out for the manager.  One woman stopped and said "that looks better already"  We cracked up!  Sorry no fancy photo feature on my phones..but thought you might like to know we truck our blow as well.

Heh heh.  I like how you're using your kids to help run block for your nefarious deeds, Vickie.  Contributing to the delinquency of a minor...if we don't teach the kids, who will?  Keep up the great work! >:D

rtprod

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2006, 11:16:21 pm »
Vic,

You know, I really love you. 

rt

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2006, 11:29:17 pm »
We have a chain of grocery stores out here in California called Vons and they are huge major stores...they carry everything.  Well right up front where you check out it his shelve of new release DVD's and Narnia, Chicken Little and Crash were all right up FRONT and BBM, Capote and GN&GL was behind them so my son Dave & I, bold as brass, >:D stood there for 5 minutes rearrranging the display so BBM, Capote and GN&GL were up front and everything else was pushed back.  My younger son kept look out for the manager.  One woman stopped and said "that looks better already"  We cracked up!  Sorry no fancy photo feature on my phones..but thought you might like to know we struck our blow as well.

ROFL! Vic you're the best! That's too good :D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2006, 05:31:54 am »
One woman stopped and said "that looks better already" 

YAY! That's hilarious!

And becky - I take up the challenge (without the Ninja suit - it wouldn't do me any justice!).
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

vkm91941

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2006, 05:50:51 am »
Vic,

You know, I really love you. 

rt

ya know something rt...I really love U too! LOL :-*

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2006, 10:04:39 am »
LOL you are hilarious Vic! I love your crazy antics! :D :-*

Alright K it is on! You take the north and I will take the south! We need to imploy people to take the East and the West! LOL No I was just thinking I would go round to all the stores in my area and do some serious coverage. Hey maybe I will go to Milton Keynes and cover all of the shops there aswel!.....Oh the posibilities! ;D

I am with you about the ninja suits though, black isn't really my colour. Now sky-blue ninja suits I could get on with!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2006, 01:27:49 pm »
Yes I am a major Rilo Kiley fan.  And I completely agree with you - the JL solo cd is great (I really love her cover of Handle Me With Care w/ Ben Gibbard an Conor Oberst!) but RK is superior.  I love, love, love her voice.  Have you heard "Teenage Love Song" by RK?  It's one of my favourites and hardly anyone I know has heard it!

yes!  i have their first album with teenage love song on it.  my favorite jenny solo track is born secular.  the melodies are so sad!  she has such a unique voice. 

and get back on topic a bit, they had bbm at dominicks (which is what safeway is called in the midwest) but no narnia displays to sabotage so i just put the few copies they had in front of some others  :(  and i finally got my dvd in the mail yesterday! 

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2006, 04:26:37 pm »
Great going guys  ;D  and this is a super funny thread!

I'm just gonna go down to the port and not let any crash DVDS enter the country  :)

I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2006, 04:41:16 pm »
Oh, good plan Reanna. That will be MUCH more effective than just covering up some DVDs on the shelf!  ;D

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2006, 11:28:07 pm »
I went back to Borders today to see if my damage was still done. The Narnia DVDs were showing again, so I covered them back up. Two of the three Crash stacks was still covered by BBM (!) so I covered the third back up. Then I noticed that one of the stacks I had previously covered had two BBMs in front, and I had only put one in front. So I went ahead and put two BBMs in front of each Crash. Haha, I guess they didn't sell too many Crash DVDs this weekend!  :laugh:

I thought this was strange: I got my DVD from Target and all they had was the cover with the silver border. The DVDs they had at Borders didn't have it. Did anyone ever find out why we have different DVD covers?

rtprod

« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2006, 12:35:59 am »
Hi Reanna,

You're our global operative #1. 

There's something I've been meaning to tell you bud:  love your picture, want to know you a little better on here...  :)

rt

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2006, 05:05:09 pm »
Thank you so much RT  :D

And Court, thanks, - I'm working on re-arranging displays in video stores as well  :) whatever it takes!!
I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2006, 11:35:14 am »
Look what you have done RT! You have got people all over the world to do your dirty work! First all of you guys in the US, then me and Kelda in the UK and now Reanna in India. What's next, global domination? :D

note to self: talk to James in Wales and get him to cover there and contact family in london to do the covering down there! :laugh:

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2006, 03:01:21 pm »
Went into Circuit City today and it was everything Brokeback.. Huge poster in front of the store.  Big display in front and by the DVD's.. It did my heart good.
I love that they didn't cower down like Walmart.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline RingerFanatic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2006, 06:01:14 pm »
that's hilarious! I've been doing the same thing everytime I go into a Target. I go check out the dvd display to see how our BBM is doing. Depending on which store I go into, it's either doing very well or no business at all. So I do what any BBM fanatic would do. I take a couple of BBM dvds and spread them all over the store. LOL. I even put some near the cashier line so people are forced to look at it while waiting. I actually had some teenage girls pick one up and buy it! lol. Her friend tried to tell her to wait and just rent it, but she bought it.  I also did this at Border's. lol. I left one on a table near the line and this woman kept looking at it. It was as if she was afraid to pick it up and read it or something. She kept looking at it, then turning away....then looking at it...then away. It was actually kind of funny. It was some "high class entertainment" as Ennis would say. LOL

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2006, 06:10:33 pm »
They had a big display at the Barnes and Noble section for the DVD,  and in the checkout, they had the CD for sale, so they seem like progressive company.

I wonder what section of the video store this is going to be put in when it's out of the "New Release" section.  ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE WESTERN genre?   ;D

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2006, 05:29:38 am »
Well you can guess what kind of display they have at the Tower Records in the Castro district in San Francisco!  A whole end unit with everything Brokeback.  DVD, soundtrack, books, magazines with any of the BBM gang on the cover, everything! ;D

Offline jura86

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2006, 05:49:34 am »
Hey Becky - James here reporting for duty!
I'll take Wales and the Midlands if you're doing all of the south, lol!
Sorry I haven't been in contact for ages or posting for AGESSS, but since I got home I tend to avoid my parent's dial-up internet connection as it mostly frustrates me. Its annoying that I'm missing out on all the Bettermost fun though - can't wait til I'm back in Notts with lovely broadband!
xx

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2006, 08:13:49 am »
So Kelda will take the North, you will take Wales and the Middlands and Me and my family will take the South.

The UK reporting for duty RT, We have got the whole of the UK on board, I repeat, the Uk is on for operation: Crappy Cover Up. All systems are go! :laugh:

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2006, 08:27:59 am »
Look what you have done RT! You have got people all over the world to do your dirty work! First all of you guys in the US, then me and Kelda in the UK and now Reanna in India. What's next, global domination? :D

Uhhh.... Ray and me can handle Australia easy enough...  Its a big ass country n'all but since we're both in Brisbane, its time to call in a few favours..  I got contacts in Melbourne and Canberra.  Ray is gonna have to come through with the goods on contacts in Sydney - that'll be a major coup for Operation BetterMost.  Either way, Brisbane will be "cleaned" thoroughly upon the release date WHICH WE STILL DON'T HAVE YET.

*pouts in corner*
*puts on Malaysian bootleg*
Chut up!

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2006, 09:03:44 am »
Mandy and I (and Roland and Adrianna I assume?) are handling parts of eastern Canada!  Global domination y'all!
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2006, 10:15:44 am »

Uhhh.... Ray and me can handle Australia easy enough...  Its a big ass country n'all but since we're both in Brisbane, its time to call in a few favours..  I got contacts in Melbourne and Canberra.  Ray is gonna have to come through with the goods on contacts in Sydney - that'll be a major coup for Operation BetterMost.  Either way, Brisbane will be "cleaned" thoroughly upon the release date WHICH WE STILL DON'T HAVE YET.

*pouts in corner*
*puts on Malaysian bootleg*

*pouts in corner over the fact that I don't have the Malaysian bootleg*  I would buy it just for the laughs!
   Cowboys do it better

rtprod

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2006, 10:52:06 am »
Look what you have done RT! You have got people all over the world to do your dirty work! First all of you guys in the US, then me and Kelda in the UK and now Reanna in India. What's next, global domination?

See what strength we have in numbers?  Y'all have done me sooo proud on this thread.  Funny how a little joke started an international movement, eh?  Thanks to all who reported for duty -- I feel like V in the final reel of "Vendetta," actually!  LOL.     :laugh:

Love you all.

yours,

rt

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2009, 08:32:33 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hahahaa!

What a great thread!  I wasn't a member here when all this went on, but every time I got to a stor that sells DVDs, I'll move the copies of Brokeback they have to the front of whatever section they are in.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!