Author Topic: I SABOTAGED THE NARNIA DISPLAY  (Read 18750 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: I SABOTAGED THE NARNIA DISPLAY
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2006, 05:31:54 am »
One woman stopped and said "that looks better already" 

YAY! That's hilarious!

And becky - I take up the challenge (without the Ninja suit - it wouldn't do me any justice!).
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

vkm91941

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2006, 05:50:51 am »
Vic,

You know, I really love you. 

rt

ya know something rt...I really love U too! LOL :-*

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2006, 10:04:39 am »
LOL you are hilarious Vic! I love your crazy antics! :D :-*

Alright K it is on! You take the north and I will take the south! We need to imploy people to take the East and the West! LOL No I was just thinking I would go round to all the stores in my area and do some serious coverage. Hey maybe I will go to Milton Keynes and cover all of the shops there aswel!.....Oh the posibilities! ;D

I am with you about the ninja suits though, black isn't really my colour. Now sky-blue ninja suits I could get on with!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2006, 01:27:49 pm »
Yes I am a major Rilo Kiley fan.  And I completely agree with you - the JL solo cd is great (I really love her cover of Handle Me With Care w/ Ben Gibbard an Conor Oberst!) but RK is superior.  I love, love, love her voice.  Have you heard "Teenage Love Song" by RK?  It's one of my favourites and hardly anyone I know has heard it!

yes!  i have their first album with teenage love song on it.  my favorite jenny solo track is born secular.  the melodies are so sad!  she has such a unique voice. 

and get back on topic a bit, they had bbm at dominicks (which is what safeway is called in the midwest) but no narnia displays to sabotage so i just put the few copies they had in front of some others  :(  and i finally got my dvd in the mail yesterday! 
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2006, 04:26:37 pm »
Great going guys  ;D  and this is a super funny thread!

I'm just gonna go down to the port and not let any crash DVDS enter the country  :)

I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2006, 04:41:16 pm »
Oh, good plan Reanna. That will be MUCH more effective than just covering up some DVDs on the shelf!  ;D

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2006, 11:28:07 pm »
I went back to Borders today to see if my damage was still done. The Narnia DVDs were showing again, so I covered them back up. Two of the three Crash stacks was still covered by BBM (!) so I covered the third back up. Then I noticed that one of the stacks I had previously covered had two BBMs in front, and I had only put one in front. So I went ahead and put two BBMs in front of each Crash. Haha, I guess they didn't sell too many Crash DVDs this weekend!  :laugh:

I thought this was strange: I got my DVD from Target and all they had was the cover with the silver border. The DVDs they had at Borders didn't have it. Did anyone ever find out why we have different DVD covers?

rtprod

« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2006, 12:35:59 am »
Hi Reanna,

You're our global operative #1. 

There's something I've been meaning to tell you bud:  love your picture, want to know you a little better on here...  :)

rt

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2006, 05:05:09 pm »
Thank you so much RT  :D

And Court, thanks, - I'm working on re-arranging displays in video stores as well  :) whatever it takes!!
I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2006, 11:35:14 am »
Look what you have done RT! You have got people all over the world to do your dirty work! First all of you guys in the US, then me and Kelda in the UK and now Reanna in India. What's next, global domination? :D

note to self: talk to James in Wales and get him to cover there and contact family in london to do the covering down there! :laugh:
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.