Author Topic: I SABOTAGED THE NARNIA DISPLAY  (Read 18813 times)

rtprod

Re: I SABOTAGED THE NARNIA DISPLAY
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2006, 10:52:21 pm »
Mandy, has to be a multi-prong attack.  Find a suburban enclave (preferably near an institution of worship) and hit Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Circuit City, Target and the rest.  Better yet, hide some of the Narnia stock in well-disguised parts of the store (like in washer/dryer basin displays or behind Wal-Mart's expensive towel line) so sales will fall as flat as those awful CGI effects in the final reel.  Doubt Aslan can "rise" once again from the inside of a locked portable freezer.  :'(

rt 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 02:18:28 am by rtprod »

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2006, 10:58:32 pm »
so sales will fall as flat as those awful CGI effects in the final reel.  Doubt Aslan can rise once again from the inside of a locked portable freezer.

rt 

:D  You're so bad!

rtprod

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2006, 11:02:42 pm »
Feels so good...  Add this to my NC-17 thread and I guess I'm becoming a whole new person here with a little bit of help...  :-* :-* :-*

rt

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2006, 11:06:23 pm »
Mandy, has to be a multi-prong attack.  Find a suburban enclave (preferably near an institution of worship) and hit Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Circuit City, Target and the rest.  Better yet, hide some of the Narnia stock in well-disguised parts of the store (like in washer/dryer basin displays or behind Wal-Mart's expensive towel line) so sales will fall as flat as those awful CGI effects in the final reel.  Doubt Aslan can rise once again from the inside of a locked portable freezer.  :'(

rt 

The only store that we have here out of all of those is Wal-mart! But I'll see what I can do. Also: HMV, Futureshop, Shoppers..etc

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2006, 11:09:27 pm »
Argh!  rt you are creating some AWESOME threads lately my friend.  I just about died laughing while I was reading this one.  I am so going to start a branch of BBM Club in Toronto.  Watch out Wal-Mart, Best Buy, HMV, Future Shop, etc.... 

Why do I suddenly feel the need to go to a support group meeting for a disease I don't have?
   Cowboys do it better

rtprod

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2006, 11:14:49 pm »
Nicole,

Something has come over me in the last few days -- I dunno -- I'm feeling a little less literate and a little bit unleashed.  I started a thread about LOVE and it turned into something about raunchy sex.  Who am I to complain? 

Time to have fun again! We're in a new home and all this grieving over the lost Oscar is DONE.  The film is now here, on DVD, in our hands, and we're taking back its rightful spot at the top!!!!

:o :o :o :o :o

BRUCE WAYNE, AKA RT

vkm91941

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2006, 11:33:04 pm »
Nicole,

Something has come over me in the last few days -- I dunno -- I'm feeling a little less literate and a little bit unleashed.  I started a thread about LOVE and it turned into something about raunchy sex.  Who am I to complain? 

Time to have fun again! We're in a new home and all this grieving over the lost Oscar is DONE.  The film is now here, on DVD, in our hands, and we're taking back its rightful spot at the top!!!!

BRUCE WAYNE, AKA RT

Hell Yes let's all let our hair down and have a good time!  The hatemongers tried to squelch us with their hate, the Christian right tried to beat us over the head with their bibles an their misquoting of scripture.  The inane and the immature tried to bury us in drivel and the trolls tried to break our spirit...but guess what We're Still  HERE...all together...so let's have a good time!!!! >:D

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2006, 11:35:53 pm »
Nicole,

BRUCE WAYNE, AKA RT

Wow - you're a wild man Bruce!  Next thing you know you're going to be PMing me your picture, real name and your current job title, lol, or is that just wishful thinking on my part?  I hate how one-sided this friendship is mister!  In any case, I'm loving your threads and agree that it's time to bring the fun back to our boards. 
   Cowboys do it better

Offline You-Bet

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2006, 11:37:15 pm »
 :o rt, bud you are really on a roll!  You're right, we should've come up with this plan before the DVD release so we could've organized our "secret opertation".  In fact, at one point I was considering having small adhesive stickers made saying "The Most Honored Film of the Year" then secretly putting them on every DVD in every store I went to! :o

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2006, 11:39:06 pm »
Great job!

And while I take no joy in defending Best Buy, I do have to say the store I visited the other day did have a huge BBM display right at the very front of the store.   But I pledge to follow your lead in any other stores I find where that's not the case. :)
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.