Author Topic: Any good board game suggestions?  (Read 11553 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: Any good board game suggestions?
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 11:01:38 pm »
Thanks Dot and Jess!  Both of those games sound like alot of fun!! Any game that brings out laughter and excitment is always good for the spirit of the family!!

Dot do you need any extra equiptment for Scene it?

just a TV and a DVD player.  We played in the family room.  It was a hoot, lots of laughter, lots of fun kinda like your own home grown game show.  Bob's brother in law, Todd, even did loopy introductions for the players like he was Bob Eubanks or something.

You will love Yahtzee and Boggle.  Bob and I play those at home just the two of us, but you can play with any number.  When I was a kid we had family poker night once a month.  We just played with chips but it was a lot of fun and my Dad taught us five card draw, stud, seven card draw and Texas Hold em.

What about Life, do they still make that one. love it as a teenager.  My Mom use to love the Wheel of Fortune board game
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 04:09:22 pm »
Dot~
 Yeah I remember the game Life ... I dont think i really enjoyed that one.  :-\

I am really concidering checking into Scene It. That does sound like alot of fun. It sounds like it would be perfect for my girls and me cause we watch alot of movies.  And we love trivia.

Jess's game with the bell sounds cool too.!

thanks
geri
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 05:01:06 am »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 06:14:43 am »
Bop it!

Thats really fun!

or Singstar and Buzz if you have a play station?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 11:51:26 am »
Cranium is really fun.  Especially for four or more players.  You have to do all sorts of stuff to advance around the board, like Pictionary-type drawings for your partner(s) to guess at, sculpting the answer out of clay for them to guess at, answering trivia questions, and doing a full-blown charade.  The last time I played it with a bunch of people, I laughed so hard I hurt myself when Ed pantomimed a "Ticker-Tape Parade."  You had to be there, but he kinda did the Jarhead-like fake trumpet blowing while throwing little bits of a ripped up paper all over the place and high-stepping.  Well, it may be that it was funnier after a couple of adult beverages, too...

HuggerMugger is fun too.  Similar to Cranium, but without the charades and pictionary stuff - you do spelling, word scrambles, trivia, and vocabulary to win.
No more beans!

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 12:09:30 pm »
How about Scattegories?  We've had fun with that one.  http://www.boardgames.com/scattergories.html

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 01:08:16 pm »
What's wrong with Scrabble? See here for a description of Scrabble playing on Midnight Cowboy.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 04:31:17 pm »
Taboo.  Very fun word game where you get your teammate(s) to guess a word without using the taboo words.

Example:  the clue is lipstick
              the taboo words that you can't use are:  makeup, face, mouth, red.

Real game:  a friend of mine stammered a bit, and eventually said, "you use this to paint your labia". (she's a doctor). This was 15 years ago and we still tease her about it.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 04:37:06 pm »
What's wrong with Scrabble? See here for a description of Scrabble playing on Midnight Cowboy.

LOL!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  But I was thinking more of a family night  scenario!

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 04:39:44 pm »
Cranium is really fun.  Especially for four or more players.  You have to do all sorts of stuff to advance around the board, like Pictionary-type drawings for your partner(s) to guess at, sculpting the answer out of clay for them to guess at, answering trivia questions, and doing a full-blown charade.  The last time I played it with a bunch of people, I laughed so hard I hurt myself when Ed pantomimed a "Ticker-Tape Parade."  You had to be there, but he kinda did the Jarhead-like fake trumpet blowing while throwing little bits of a ripped up paper all over the place and high-stepping.  Well, it may be that it was funnier after a couple of adult beverages, too...

HuggerMugger is fun too.  Similar to Cranium, but without the charades and pictionary stuff - you do spelling, word scrambles, trivia, and vocabulary to win.

Both sound like fun!  But you are right, some of these games are alot more fun when you have a couple adult beverages!