Author Topic: Just an OT rant  (Read 2225 times)

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Just an OT rant
« on: April 08, 2006, 02:14:54 pm »
OK, so since I'm a freshman and didn't know anyone at my college when I came, I obviously just got a random roommate. I like her. Really, I do, we get along really well and she's very nice. She lives like 45 minutes away and almost always goes home on weekends and comes back sometime on Sunday. Even though I like her, I've really come to enjoy her not being here on weekends. She goes to bed really early, like 10:30 or 11, and I don't remember the last time I went to bed before 1. So that means I have to be here in a dark room and try to be quiet. On weekends, it's really nice to have the light on until I go to bed.

Last Friday when she left she said she would be back Sunday. So today, Saturday, I woke up at like 11 and was just sitting around in my pajamas reading what I missed last night on the board here when she came in! I don't know why I'm so upset, but this really bothers me. She was just like "oh, sorry if I surprised you."

Probably why I'm upset is that I was going to watch my DVD for the first time last night, but after I got back from a concert I was too tired to do anything but read the board for a little while then go to bed. So I thought oh well, if I don't get a chance Saturday afternoon I can watch Saturday night after this thing I have to go to. Well, there goes that plan. I really don't want to watch with her in the room. I made her go see it with me in January and she liked it, but I've stopped talking to her about it because she doesn't get it. I don't want to feel self-conscious while I'm trying to enjoy the movie.

Just wanted to share my frustration, and you guys seemed like a good outlet. Thanks for listening. On a happier note, a couple nights ago I was sitting in the lounge with some people from my floor, and one girl said "Have any of you guys seen Brokeback Mountain?" I said "I have." She asked if it was good, and I said that I absolutely loved it (LOL, what an understatement). She said she had bought the DVD! Yay!

Alright, I'm done, I just wanted to share some frustration. Hope everyone has a good day!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Just an OT rant
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 02:33:01 pm »
So sorry you didn't get to watch the DVD last night, Courtney! I was thinking of you when I was watching. No, I'm not trying to rub it in. I was thinking of you because you had expected to watch it.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 05:42:31 pm »
Hey Court - you can come watch the DVD here if you want...  I promise I won't let the kitty attack you, and the popcorn is good.  It's only a 20" tv, but pretty good otherwise.

OK - quit ignoring all my nice offers!   :angel:
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 06:36:08 pm »
Thanks Jeff. I know you're not rubbing it in. How did it go for you?

And Celeste - I'm not ignoring you! I'm calling you....now!