Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2589379 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #5540 on: April 16, 2012, 05:41:27 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Truman, only you would have a "Brokeback Car!"

There's no way I could wait on that if it was my car, I'd have that fixed asap, it would work on my nerves.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #5541 on: April 17, 2012, 02:27:42 pm »
It's that time of year again!

Presenting the 2012 edition of Mrs. Twist's Irises:
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #5542 on: April 17, 2012, 02:49:17 pm »
Bettermost wouldn't be the same without that pic!

:-*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #5543 on: April 17, 2012, 03:03:29 pm »
Hmm....at the risk of divulging my ignorance here... but, why are they Mrs Twist's?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5544 on: April 17, 2012, 04:18:28 pm »
Hmm....at the risk of divulging my ignorance here... but, why are they Mrs Twist's?

Back in late June, 2006, I went to Wyoming and met esseffjoe, Judy (ohiomyown), Mouk, and Cowboy Wayne amongst others. We make the trip to Lightning Flat, and as far as I know we were the first ones to see the old house there.

Wayne and Mouk discovered these irises growing in the overgrown yard and he pulled some of them up. He has some and I have some. They didn't bloom for me until the following year, a nice yellow/champagne color. They have been multiplying ever since.

And since they came from Lightning Flat, I call them Mrs. Twist's Irises.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5545 on: April 17, 2012, 04:25:50 pm »
Back in late June, 2006, I went to Wyoming and met esseffjoe, Judy (ohiomyown), Mouk, and Cowboy Wayne amongst others. We make the trip to Lightning Flat, and as far as I know we were the first ones to see the old house there.

Wayne and Mouk discovered these irises growing in the overgrown yard and he pulled some of them up. He has some and I have some. They didn't bloom for me until the following year, a nice yellow/champagne color. They have been multiplying ever since.

Well, they're lovely.  :D

Irises bloomed early--very early--in southeastern Pennsylvania this year. When I was a little kid, my grandma's "blueflags" used to bloom around Memorial Day. This year we had irises blooming for Easter.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #5546 on: April 17, 2012, 04:54:40 pm »

What a lovely story, Truman!!

Those are indeed special irises!

I'm glad they found a home with brokies.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5547 on: May 21, 2012, 02:53:39 pm »
I love my car.

When I bought it in 2004, brand new, it had 4 miles on it. As of this morning it had 191,286. It needs a tune up, but I have changed the oil every 3,000 to 4,000 miles and it runs great, the gas mileage is still as good as when I fist bought it.

But the CD is screwed up, the carpet is worn out and now the drivers side seat back is broken and won't stay upright.

That's right, I have a BROKEBACK CAR!

I just set a pillow behind my lower back and keep going. It's paid for, maybe one day I will fix it, until then I will just stand it.

So weekend before last, I enjoyed a very nice visit from essefjoe, who was making is way down the east coast. We took my Brokeback car to the Floyd Country Store where we were treated to a fine ole time watching the young men and young ladies stomp the floor. It was a little cool up on the mountain that evening, but Joe decided he would leave his extra shirt in the car.

At one point when one band was leaving the stage and another coming on, a little girl of about 2 year of age took to the empty floor, clapping her hands and running around in a long tie dyed dress. As the fiddle player drew her bow across the strings the little tyke turned around all wide eyed and put her hands together and commenced jumping up and down and smiling a big ole smile. The crowd, infected with her joy, began to clap along in unison, and for a moment she was the center of the universe.

And later on, I discovered, Joe had left his (damn) shirt in my Brokeback car. I can't believe he did that. I told him I would be happy to send it to him, or put it in my closet inside one of my own shirts.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5548 on: May 22, 2012, 01:13:10 am »
So weekend before last, I enjoyed a very nice visit from essefjoe, who was making is way down the east coast. We took my Brokeback car to the Floyd Country Store where we were treated to a fine ole time watching the young men and young ladies stomp the floor. It was a little cool up on the mountain that evening, but Joe decided he would leave his extra shirt in the car.

At one point when one band was leaving the stage and another coming on, a little girl of about 2 year of age took to the empty floor, clapping her hands and running around in a long tie dyed dress. As the fiddle player drew her bow across the strings the little tyke turned around all wide eyed and put her hands together and commenced jumping up and down and smiling a big ole smile. The crowd, infected with her joy, began to clap along in unison, and for a moment she was the center of the universe.

What a lovely story. :)

And later on, I discovered, Joe had left his (damn) shirt in my Brokeback car. I can't believe he did that. I told him I would be happy to send it to him, or put it in my closet inside one of my own shirts.

Guess you'll see him around and can give him his shirt back. Hope it won't be four fuckin' years.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5549 on: May 22, 2012, 04:22:17 am »
It's that time of year again!

Presenting the 2012 edition of Mrs. Twist's Irises:

Beautiful flowers Truman!! And what a beautiful account of how you acquired them. And I love the name you gave them too!

Re the shirts: put them in your closet. That's what I would do. At least until he returns to pick them back up again.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.