Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2579398 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #410 on: December 22, 2006, 09:17:01 pm »
I love Eddy Izzard, he is just right on the edge, enough. :P
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
« Reply #411 on: December 22, 2006, 09:49:35 pm »

Belated wishes to you and Bob.

Sandy

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love was the word that left my lips
« Reply #412 on: December 26, 2006, 03:11:29 pm »
Merry X-mas!!!!

they don't need hot chocolate :P
"He was very afraid of being hurt. He was afraid of opening up in case it was turned around and used against him."

Heaven holds a sense of wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0VVoScBd4k

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #413 on: December 27, 2006, 12:25:05 pm »
Yes they are, and they look very happy too. I think I identify more with him, but wouldn;t mind being her for a while.....

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #414 on: December 27, 2006, 04:43:42 pm »
I had an email exchange with bbmiswear this morning about the year 2006,  and both of us agree it is the best fucked up year of our lives. And we have enjoyed every bit of it.

Everyday since the 6th of January 2006, I have cried. I have been distracted, I have been moody, forlorn and generally absent from the day to day. I have at the drop of a hat made trips across the continent to meet people I had only spoken to online. I crawled in a car with them to drive way the hell out in the middle of no where to take pictures of waving grass.

So here I sit, five days until the end of the year, broke, my back hurting, and think of how lonely it would be with out Bettermost. Thank you Phillip, for creating this site, Thank you Lynne, Clarrissa, Andrew, Wulf, Scott and Scott, Katie, Gattica, Celeste, Geri, Lee, RouxB, Eric, Pete, Jeff, Pheonix, Leslie, Paul, Lauren, Laurel, Theresia, Randolph, and good gawd all the rest, Professor and Mary Ann too, I am sure. You are the twinkling stars in my sky. Thanks for being along the way.

Happy New Year, 2007.  :'(

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #415 on: December 27, 2006, 07:27:56 pm »
Yeah Shakes, gotta admit, its been a hell of a year (and I say that in a good way)....

Reading thru your list of friends you have made thru here, I think to myself, "hey, I know them too".....pretty amazing isnt it......people from all over the world, such good friends now, part of our every day communication...we've shared the highs, and shared the lows, felt so comfortable in each others company....

Yes Shakes, 2006, is a year that we wont ever forget....now lets get on and see what 2007 brings.....

Happy new year mate!
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • myspace
« Reply #416 on: December 27, 2006, 10:04:47 pm »
i wouldnt change this year for anything   ilove everyone ive met and  look forward to meeting more !
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

• BetterMost Supporter!
Going to the Borat Rodeo
« Reply #417 on: December 30, 2006, 12:47:48 am »
 >:(

Borat: "In my country they take them [homosexuals] to jail and finish them."
Bobby Rowe: "That's what we're tryin' to git done here."

If you have seen the movie: "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan" You will no doubt recall how he was almost lynched at a rodeo in Salem, Virginia, about 60 miles from where I live.

He also encountered the promoter of the rodeo, Bobby Rowe of Dicksville, (I am not making this up) Tennessee, who had the above remark about homosexuals.

The first weekend in January Bobby Rowe is bringing his Imperial (as in wizzard?) Rodeo back to the Salem Civic Center, and while I have seen a lot mentioned in the media about his Borat appearance, I have seen no one speak out against this bigot returning to town.

That is one reason I am going. I had been looking forward to this rodeo since seeing the movie last January, but now I got something more imprtant to do. I have to find Bobby Rowe, and I have to forgive him.

I hope, and my imagination plays out a scene in which I can confront him, tell him I am a homosexual and forgive him for the things he said should be done to me. By doing so I am not only disarming him, I am disarming Sacha Baron Cohen and the greif he visited upon the dozens of stupid people he encountered in the making of his movie, which on some levels I almost enjoyed. It would be pointless to rail against him, it would be a good point to show him I am not afraid of him, and that he has offended me. That he has done something that call for forgiveness.

Wish me luck.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 12:54:59 am by shakestheground »

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #418 on: December 30, 2006, 04:52:39 am »
Truman, can you take a friend with you?  It's a beautiful vision.

Spending time with you and Lynne was a highlight of 2006 for me. 

Hug!

Clarissa

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Going to the Borat Rodeo
« Reply #419 on: December 30, 2006, 01:41:40 pm »
I hope, and my imagination plays out a scene in which I can confront him, tell him I am a homosexual and forgive him for the things he said should be done to me. By doing so I am not only disarming him, I am disarming Sacha Baron Cohen and the greif he visited upon the dozens of stupid people he encountered in the making of his movie, which on some levels I almost enjoyed. It would be pointless to rail against him, it would be a good point to show him I am not afraid of him, and that he has offended me. That he has done something that call for forgiveness.

That's a fine idea and you know I'm 100% for it.  Please do take a friend with you, though, k?

Spending time with you and Lynne was a highlight of 2006 for me. 

Same goes.  :D
"Laß sein. Laß sein."