Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2529263 times)

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • myspace
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #450 on: January 19, 2007, 01:36:46 am »
im doing eh ! atm   2 months to my trip to dc   plannin that atm and worrying  bout the money i need
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Scott6373

« Reply #451 on: January 19, 2007, 08:45:35 am »
Hope you're doing well too Mr. Wulfs, and the Mizzez Lynne and RouxB!!   It was a happy time. I still feel all warm and fuzzy!!       :)

I think that's called "afterglow"  ::)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #452 on: January 19, 2007, 10:51:46 am »
You are so lucky Lynne to have been able to spend time with Truman, no doubt, some of your conversations must have been quite spiritual......I'm hoping I will get over there for the Alberta trip, and meet up with him too.

You are a hunnerd percent right on that point, Katie.  It is a privilege to know Truman.  I also hope you'll get to this side of the world for Alberta.  It'd be an honor to meet you!

Thursday morning, seems impossible a week has passes since I was gearing up for the trip. On my windshield this morning ice pellets fell, that storm is coming in from the south, so I am not going to stay at the office long. We were just a week off in planning our trip, huh Lynne? ;D
...Lynne, I know what you mean about drowning. If you can change your point of view to look at it as a river, go with the flow as it were, but even a river is turbulent. Maybe a nice high perch above the river, on the side of the gorge, where you can get some perspective, where all you r problems look like dots crossing an old suspension bridge, and you can hum softly to yourself the words of an old Hank Williams song. Until some dumb ass outside your cubicle clears their throat and asks you for a paper clip. ;)

A week early and still never enough time!  Though I'm sure I wouldn't have been so happy with snowboarding if I'd also been freezing my buns off!  ::)

You're a sweetie and that's a better point of view, for sure.  This will pass.  It always does.  I was all set to reply yesterday when Judy (next cube over) said..."Lynne, why does this..." and I just closed the window.  Good grief..priorities, yanno?

Hope you're doing well too Mr. Wulfs, and the Mizzez Lynne and RouxB!!   It was a happy time. I still feel all warm and fuzzy!!       :)

{{{{Wayne}}}}
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #453 on: January 20, 2007, 02:27:10 pm »
So my partner is gone for the weekend to a retreat. He usually gets his parents to baby sit his 16 year old dog, Lady. I have written about her before, bless her heart. I spoke up and volunteered to keep her this time. He said he forgave me if she died while I had here.

So last evening I went over to his house, woke her from her sleep, and loaded her in the car. The last time I took her someplace she had gone out and rubbed her face in something dead and I had to get a stick of incense and burn in the confined space to get the smell out. She did well this time, jumped out on her own and wondered what was going on. She had only been to my house once before and then only breifly.

Oh this was going to fun. I had a small package of ground cow flesh to prepare her a special meal, garnished with bits of cheese, on a sauce of alpo gravy. Of course I had no batteries in the camera to document the Dog Food TV masterpiece, but o-well. I had not cooked cow flesh inside my house in over a decade, and man the grease, it went everywhere, I slid on the floor presenting her with a big bowl of water. Then I put my creating on the floor for her and she snifferd it and tottered away.

My friend James, who does not drive, called me from our friend Carol's house the next county over. Carol was gone for a couple of days to a glass blowing class and he wanted to know could I come by and visit. I had long thought
Lady might enjoy meeting Carol's dog, Cole, a big friendly black lab almost as old as her, so I loaded the stiff bag of bones back in the car and off we went.

In the darkness I could sense she was laying down. I wondered how she would take all this upset to her routine. I remembered his words saying he would forgive me if she expired on my watch, but I wondered if I would be able to forgive myself. "I am just not set up for this" I thought.

About that time my phone made a wreid sound, one it rarely makes, but I now recognize as an incoming text message. I hardly ever get one of those. I knew immediatly it was Lynne, and she knows what she wrote and how perfectly it fit with my train of thought. Yes, Friend, you would be a big help, I know you would. I pulled over and collected Lady's feces from the back seat, at least they are solid.

Cole was sleeping when we arrived. James was immediatly wondering at the wisdom of introducing the two. Poor old girl, tottered around the house, sniffed the trash, the water bowl,  went into the living room and lay down and went to sleep.

We watched one of them millionair shows on Carol's 4 inch portable TV (Black and White at that).

"You want some whine?" James asked. Part of me still cringed in memory of last Sunday night in West Virginia.

"Sure" and I had a glass.

Presently Cole got up and waddled in the den and demanded attention. I took him by the collar to the living room, he saw his own kind, where none had been expected, and furiously swished his tail in joy. Poor old Lady, stiff old bag of bones held real still and let him sniff all over her, not hazzarding any encouragement by sniffing him back. We kept an eye on them, but in five minutes the courtship was over, they were totally ignoring one another.

Back home she still would have nothing to do with the gournet supper. I went to bed and dreamed of vacation rentals that didn't allow pets, where one might find a spoon handle jutting out of a can of beans. She went to her nightly ritual of walking, patrolling to make sure her territory is safe from tresspassers. Around and around she'll go in his house, but mine is laid out differently. About 4 am her clicking toemails woke me, in the twilight of the dream time I wondered if this was the way parents and infants become bonded, in the weak vunerable times of the days and the lives. Thinking of how we revert to childhood again and need sitters as we age I heard her tumble down the stairs. Ah hell.

I jumped out of bed and hopped to her as quick as I could. She was shaken but okay, I opened the door and let her into the basement and let her explore there. I laid down on the sofa in the downstairs room and tried to go back to sleep, but her constant wet nose and muzzle kept getting under my wrist and arm and demanding attention. She needed reassurance, love, anything but cow meat. When I awoke at 8 am she was sleeping in the bathroom, when I woke her she was as dazed and confused as I have seen her, I told her it was time to go home.

Safely back at her own territory, she ran to her water bowl and drank a long measure. I fixed her some breakfast of dry food augmented with Alpo. She devoured it and climbed under the Azeleas and curled up to sleep the day away.

I called his Mom and told her I would bring Lady up there about 5:30.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 02:38:39 pm by shakestheground »
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #454 on: January 20, 2007, 02:37:09 pm »
"You want some whine?"
:laugh:   Mimmmm, reez!!     :laugh:

Hope Lady's doing ok!   Have a good weekend!     :)
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #455 on: January 20, 2007, 03:00:20 pm »
Near as I can tell she is, I have talked to that dog for years and she has never answered the first question, so I concoct answers for her that generally fit.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Looks as if we'll get some more weather tomorrow.

Whine!

Offline Wayne

« Reply #456 on: January 20, 2007, 03:20:01 pm »
We had a tad of sleet night before last as I was driving home from work, but only enough to hear it clicking on the windshield.

I don't think we've even had a freeze since that 20 degree thing in early December, at least here near downtown.

Weekend's going great - I'm writin my dissertation!!     :D
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #457 on: January 20, 2007, 04:07:02 pm »
Well don't forget to break for some Dessertation! :P

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
    • myspace
« Reply #458 on: January 20, 2007, 08:03:12 pm »
<pokes truman on the side>
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

• BetterMost Supporter!
Andorra
« Reply #459 on: January 23, 2007, 10:51:40 pm »
I sure would like to go to Andorra.

I have always had a fastination with the micro countries of Europe: Andorra, Lichtenstein, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City, Luxembourg, and that tiny piece of Spain that is totally inside France I cannot think of the name of.

In 1999 I got to travel to Italy and of course got to visit the Vatican, but to my shagrin, did not got to see San Marino.

But Andorra, that looks like such a beautiful place. I would love to go and spend my days there.