Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2579631 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #470 on: January 30, 2007, 01:30:04 am »
In 1998 my entire extended family took a trip to Florida to see the Space Shuttle lift off. My sister had the tix and she was in a motel in Orlando and we were in CoCo Beach. Miles and miles apart. We agreed to meet outside the Astronaut Hall of Fame on the way to the gathering point to catch the bus the rest of the way. Never mind there would be a hundred million people passing by, 80% from Ohio, and I had to wait out there 45 minutes before they came rolling up with the tix.

That is how I take the small town with me.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Andorra
« Reply #471 on: January 30, 2007, 08:15:58 am »
that tiny piece of Spain that is totally inside France I cannot think of the name of.

Baja Cerdaña? Lower Cerdanya in English, I guess. (Not to be confused with the italian island of Cerdeña). I was there a few years ago, in the town of Puigcerdá (pronounced something like: pooj-sir-dah). It's a ski village with breathtaking views. We only stayed for one day. Little Spanish or French is spoken there.  Locals speak mostly in catalan.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 09:11:35 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #472 on: February 01, 2007, 12:16:13 pm »
Is that the same as Llivia?

Your post raises another question I have yet to find and answer for: how do you make an "enyay" the "n" with the "tilda" over top of it? Is there a comand that does this or do you have a different key board?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline opinionista

« Reply #473 on: February 01, 2007, 02:33:20 pm »
Is that the same as Llivia?

Your post raises another question I have yet to find and answer for: how do you make an "enyay" the "n" with the "tilda" over top of it? Is there a comand that does this or do you have a different key board?

I have a keyboard in Spanish, which includes the letter ñ and the tilde. I don't know if there's a command to it in other keyboards.

As for Llivia, yes it is the town you were talking about. It belongs to Cerdaña, but it's separated by a piece of land that belongs to France. I've never been there, though. Here's a map. But Puigcerdá is practically France. There's very little resemblance to Spain, except in the food.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #474 on: February 01, 2007, 02:47:48 pm »
;D   One way you can do it, if there happens to be one on the screen already, is just to block and copy it   ... ñ   <- I took this one from opiñonista's post    ;D   (you know you can just highlight it, then Ctrl-C, then move cursor where you want it, then Ctrl-V)

Course that only works if there happens to be one on your screen at the time.

There is also a combination of ALT plus some 3-digit numeric code that will often but not always work.  e.g., it's not working on my keyboard right now ...     ::)   I think it only works with a number pad? The codes for the usual Euroextra letters are in the range of about 130 to 160.  Alt-130 is "e" with an acute (bottom left to top right) accent.
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline opinionista

« Reply #475 on: February 01, 2007, 03:10:16 pm »
;D   One way you can do it, if there happens to be one on the screen already, is just to block and copy it   ... ñ   <- I took this one from opiñonista's post    ;D   (you know you can just highlight it, then Ctrl-C, then move cursor where you want it, then Ctrl-V)

Course that only works if there happens to be one on your screen at the time.

There is also a combination of ALT plus some 3-digit numeric code that will often but not always work.  e.g., it's not working on my keyboard right now ...     ::)   I think it only works with a number pad? The codes for the usual Euroextra letters are in the range of about 130 to 160.  Alt-130 is "e" with an acute (bottom left to top right) accent.

Good idea wdj. Here you go, so you can copy and paste:  Ñ   ñ   á    é     í     ó    ú   ;D

Offline Wayne

« Reply #476 on: February 01, 2007, 08:06:01 pm »
I have, perhaps, a Truman-style thought of the day.

If it snows, whatever else you do, do not crawl on your hands and knees on the roof to sweep the snow off the skylights.               :-\

Oh, and if you do, don't do it wearing shorts.        :(
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

injest

« Reply #477 on: February 01, 2007, 08:12:16 pm »
I was gonna make a funny but then realized it would not be lady like....

so I will pm you!!

:laugh: :laugh: O0

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #478 on: February 01, 2007, 09:42:43 pm »
I have, perhaps, a Truman-style thought of the day.

If it snows, whatever else you do, do not crawl on your hands and knees on the roof to sweep the snow off the skylights.               :-\

Oh, and if you do, don't do it wearing shorts.        :(

:laugh: :laugh: :D :D :laugh: :laugh:

Just one question - is anything broken, bruised, or otherwise injured (besides your dignity, that is)?

::)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #479 on: February 01, 2007, 10:20:19 pm »
Nope, thanks, I'm fine!   Now that my hands and knees have finally warmed up!! 

I was slinking along the roofline on my hands and knees so's not to slide off. 

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!   Snow is COLD!!     :o :o :o
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 10:25:06 pm by wdj »

Don