Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2530845 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #540 on: February 21, 2007, 04:27:25 pm »
It is uncommonly warm here today, I have rode around with the windows down, everone will be sick this weekend probably.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

moremojo

« Reply #541 on: February 21, 2007, 04:30:25 pm »
It is uncommonly warm here today, I have rode around with the windows down, everone will be sick this weekend probably.
Enjoying a balmy, spring-like day in central Texas, as well. Brilliant blue sky and a delicious sun-kissed quality to the air. It's nice, but making me want to take a nap (and I'm still at work!).

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #542 on: February 25, 2007, 05:38:50 pm »
Friday evening I stopped by a friends house for a drink, it was about 6:40 in the evening when I was leaving, pausing on the front porch as she smoked a cig we notes the light still in the sky and the mildness of the evening.

"I can feel it coming" she said.

"I can too, can't wait for it to get here." I replied.

This time of year, when warmer weather approaches, it seems like the most wonderful thing there ever was. Like somehow your going to be 18 again and riding in a car down a tree lined road by moon light, to park next to the lake and gaze at the stars, or not.  ;D

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #543 on: February 25, 2007, 06:06:56 pm »

This time of year, when warmer weather approaches, it seems like the most wonderful thing there ever was. Like somehow your going to be 18 again and riding in a car down a tree lined road by moon light, to park next to the lake and gaze at the stars, or not.  ;D

Oh Truman, you are such a beautiful romantic.......what a wonderful way to describe the weather.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #544 on: February 26, 2007, 11:50:53 am »
Ah, romance....(long pause as he stares off into the distance and smiles a little)

Sunday was one of those days you would just like to stay in bed all day.

It was cold and rainy and wet outside. I was curled up in bed near noon when my phone rang with a number I thought looked familar so I answered it. It was Lisa, with the promised phone call from Bay City. She was sitting at a table full of friends, all wishing I were there. What could be nicer?

So nice to hear their voices, hear of their exploits, of their plans. Judy and Chris who I never hear from enough, happy with the moment, and then almost when I think this dream has ended I hear a voice: "This is Front Ranger" (OMG, she sounds just like I imagined!) How I wish I was there, why was it I could not be now, I can't seem to remember.

The day progresses and me with it. The lunch at Wendy's, the open house and the pull down stairs, my mothers stained glass project, Moby my company on the ride home to the snug futon.

As I drift away I see her wavey hair under her black cowgirl hat, she turns, flashing her smile, they are arm in arm, trudging thru the snow, their way lit by the Marquee.

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #545 on: February 26, 2007, 04:48:15 pm »
the light still in the sky and the mildness of the evening.
:)    Mmmm, yeah. The days are noticeably longer these last couple of weeks. I'm gambling we won't get another freeze this spring!    :o   I have lots of impatiens (   ::) :laugh:  ) that come up volunteer along with the plants I bring in, so I planted a buch of them in the ground!

I've put most of the potted plants back outside so they can enjoy the sunshine and the rain!         :D    They get so much stronger out in the real weather.  Tell Bob his lemon tree is all full of flowers and honeybees. Hundreds of flowers!!    :D   And I know you're looking forward to your calamondins!!    :laugh: :P
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #546 on: February 27, 2007, 12:20:04 pm »
Thanks to global woarming, I am having impatents coming up wild in my flowerbed. How about posting a pic of that Calamondon tree in bloom? Should be lots of things blooming in the mountains still in May!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #547 on: February 28, 2007, 09:55:12 pm »
Tonight's youtube recomendations:

Hank Williams, Sr. on the Kate Smith Show, 23 April 1952:

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #548 on: March 01, 2007, 10:22:29 am »
My dad loved Hank Williams, and he often used to get out his guitar and sing his songs for us............I remeber many many years ago, going to see the movie of Hank's Life, and dad walking out ot the cinema, crying.

I have downloaded many of Hank's songs, and every time I listen to them, I think of my dad.

I will definately go have a look at the you tube you mentioned.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #549 on: March 02, 2007, 11:29:12 am »
I love Hank Williams, Sr., he lived one of those James Dean type existances, wrote and sang some hauntingly beautiful songs and passed into legend. He died from an overdose and/or the effects of them in the back seat of a car being driven by an underaged, unlicensed driver. when he arrived in Oak Hill, West Virginia in the wee hours of 1 January 1953 they found him dead in the back seat, they don't even know where he died.

That is amazing that your father shared the same admiration for him. He had good taste. The Kate Smith Show I have heard about for years, it might have been the only time he was on TV, it seems to be the only video footage you ever see of him. When I found it on youtube I cried. 

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 12:13:48 pm by shakestheground »