Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2580160 times)

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #550 on: March 02, 2007, 08:03:56 pm »
Sang for WSM, eh?  In HIV prevention that means "women who have sex with men."      ;D
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #551 on: March 05, 2007, 11:44:04 am »
Sang for WSM, eh?  In HIV prevention that means "women who have sex with men."      ;D

Ain't that a hoot! Next time I am at the Opryland Hotel I will stop by the station and ask them if they know that. :-*
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

• BetterMost Supporter!
Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #552 on: March 05, 2007, 11:45:04 am »
I had been feeling the past few days that I was out of touch with things. I had in mind that if I just slowed down and relaxed the feeling would pass, take in the blooming daffodils, buy a coconut for my squirrel, pick up the twigs in the back yard.

How had I not heard there was going to be an eclipse of the moon Saturday evening? I had seen it grow fuller and fuller all week. Had I not agreed to go with him to the store, well then he would have seen it first. Up thru the branches, the moon was not full, the stars were out, huh? "Is there supposed to be an eclipse tonight?!?"

We ran out to the end of the driveway, like we were going to miss it. Out past the branches of the trees the big two thirds of the white orb, I could sense the horror primitive peoples felt when they saw such. Would they have prayed, chanted, made an offering?

We whipped out our cell phones and started calling people: Quick, go outside and look at the moon!

Maybe it is a sign I am coming back in touch with the world around me.

Scott6373

Re: Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #553 on: March 05, 2007, 11:54:17 am »
Maybe it is a sign I am coming back in touch with the world around me.

Something tells me, that you have not been out of touch with world around you.  The observations you have made, are hidden from most people these days.  It takes a special pair of eyes to see what you've seen.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #554 on: March 05, 2007, 12:26:21 pm »

I agree with scott about your being very much in touch.  And will
agre with Katie also,, My parents were huge Hank Williams fans as
well.  Especially my dad.. There may be something particularly in him that appeals to the men, he was the Elvis of his time...
                                                                    Janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #555 on: March 05, 2007, 12:47:07 pm »
As we were having our full moon chat on Saturday, we were wondering if anyone would have the opportunity to see the eclispse. Everyone on the chat had cloudy weather. That's great that you saw it! The full moon definitely has an effect on me.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #556 on: March 05, 2007, 03:32:55 pm »
Yeah, I think I do see a fair amount with my heart, but it is kind of a lonely way sometimes. Sometimes what the heart sees is troubling.

Saturday I threw a load of clothes in the washer and went back to bed and slept almost all day. A beautiful day that I know I will wish I had back, but I just couldn't go out and do anything. I wanted to sleep. Sunday was no different. I had breakfast with my mother and went home and went back to bed, but man the dreams I had!

I think part of me thrives on the craziness of my job, and I was almost happy to get back to it today. We are putting up a booth for a local Chamber of Commerce Trade Show and I needed to run to the hardward superstore to get some bolts. I was wearing my Jack Nasty ball cap trying to figure out what I needed when the store musack stared up:

"No combination of words I could write on the back of a postcard...." which I instantly recognized from BBM Radio. I just started smililing and swinging my head like Stevie Wonder and danced a little jig right there in the aisle. I attracted a bit of attention from the Carhartt wearing construction types, I just looked at them and said "Hellyeah, Monday, I love it!"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #557 on: March 05, 2007, 08:51:53 pm »
Tonights youtube recomendation, the wonderful Emmylou, Mary Black, Iris Dement, and some other fine folks:

&mode=related&search=

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #558 on: March 06, 2007, 04:49:33 pm »
buy a coconut for my squirrel
???  Is that some kinda inuendo?   :laugh:

P.S. I missed the eclipse - didn't hear about it till the next day -  so I was hoping it wasn't visible from here!!    :P
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #559 on: March 06, 2007, 10:22:22 pm »
It is the best thing in the world if you have a squirrel around your house at you bird feeder, get a coconut, crack it open, enjoy the coconut, the only fruit that has cholesterol, and put the husks out in the feeder.

The squirrels f'ing LOVE coconut, they have a great time with them husks. I read about it in Redneck Today.

(I know Lisa you warned me about this and I know better)

Donald Trump really pissed me off the other night when he fired that guy for identifying himself as white trash. I'm like if that is how he sees himself I would be more innerested in why than just to knee jerk react and fire him, sweep his ass under the carpet.

Anna Nicole comes to mind as well. I mean I have seen some things in my 4 decades, but where she went, still amazes me.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 08:34:52 am by shakestheground »