Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2531470 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #580 on: March 27, 2007, 02:33:17 pm »
The carhop, I'll call her Lisa, has been having an unravelling, a glorious blooming. Me and the other agents are enjoying it.

You might recall Lisa from earlier posts, a wild middle aged woman who works at a drive Thur fast food joint, bringing food out to the cars, her hair all wild and loud as can be. Always willing to share too much information, she had recently been encumbered by an irritating infection we couldn't believe she was talking about.

Then one day come the news: Lisa was coming out of her closet and announcing to the world she had a daughter she had given up for adoption when she was born, 42 years ago on the 9th of April. She had never had any other children and hoped one day to be reunited with her daughter. Recently she became making inquiries and learned her daughter had recently begun to look for her. All she knows at this point is the woman is local, has some kids of her own. Social Services is working on a meeting betwixt the two in a couple of weeks.

Then the paranoia set in. What if this child of hers had driven thru and been waited on by her, what is she would be looked down upon for being a car hop and a free spirit? It grieved her to think so.

We rode thru this afternoon to grab some lunch and my gawd, she had her hair all done up, her clothes were clean and she was wearing glasses. She looked like someones mother. She looked "respectable". She is still so excited, to learn the child was still alive, to have the opportunity to explain to her that her parents would not let her keep her daughter; "I hope she is not mad at me" she said, with that look in her eyes of a lost pet on the road.

"Surely not" I told her. "She wouldn't have been looking for you if she was" and I wondered if in her exuberance to tell the world she might tell the one person she gave birth to on 9 April 1965. I am hopeful for her, I am caught up in her drama. I am emotionally investing in the outcome of this situation. It feels good.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 02:47:29 pm by shakestheground »
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #581 on: March 28, 2007, 10:07:01 pm »
Hey Shakes! Hope you're having a good evenin!  Hope everything works out great for the lady with the yeast infection ...    :)
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #582 on: March 28, 2007, 10:23:32 pm »
It is off to DC this weekend. I am meeting up with Lynne and we are gonna join Wulf and hopefully Dee in D.C., hee, hee, that rhymes.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #583 on: March 28, 2007, 10:24:59 pm »
I woke up this mornin' so convinced I knew who that adopted daughter was I went to the court house this morning and looked up her marriage license. She was four month to the day too young.  ;)

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #584 on: March 29, 2007, 10:31:07 am »
Have a great 'n safe trip!      :)
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Scott6373

« Reply #585 on: March 29, 2007, 10:33:13 am »
It is off to DC this weekend. I am meeting up with Lynne and we are gonna join Wulf and hopefully Dee in D.C., hee, hee, that rhymes.

Bye darlin' have a good and safe trip.  Take pictures!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #586 on: March 29, 2007, 11:11:30 am »
What a great story about Lisa. I hope they connect by her birthday!!

Keep us posted.

Say hi to our buddies and take pics!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #587 on: March 30, 2007, 11:18:06 am »
Well, this afternoon is the ribbon cutting for the new museum, and it may prove to be an interesting event.

Yesterday's newspaper carried and article that a group of 20-30 people had obtained a permit for a protest there this afternoon in support of a former employee, a man named Michael Moore, who has brought action against them claiming he was fired because he is gay. It is the first I have heard of the case, perhaps I will have a chance to meet him, or learn more about it.

Yesterday held a wonderful experience for me also. An acquaintance who is an African American gentleman asked to meet with me to compare notes on our ancestry. We learned we are third cousins, he being descended from a relative who was a confederate veteran, a man who never married but fathered two large African American families in his community. I was so tickled to know this I told everyone I could. 

It is shaping up to be a wonderful spring, and tomorrow I get to see Lynne and Wulf in D.C.!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #588 on: March 30, 2007, 02:12:37 pm »
   Give them both a hug from me, too.  You three are some of the brokies that i would love to

have met when i was way down east last week....Have a great time.  And like Scott said,

take lots of pictures....                                                                  janice

« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 03:55:30 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #589 on: March 30, 2007, 10:48:47 pm »
Where was you way down east? And is your picture over on Scott's blog?