Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2532986 times)

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #610 on: April 07, 2007, 02:05:37 pm »
I will be thinking of your friends Truman.     :-\

Well, this morning I was thinking of that song "Friend of the devil" you had on CD up in WV... looked it up on the internets and found this

http://arts.ucsc.edu/gdead/agdl/fotd.html#title

and this

http://www.hunterarchive.com/files/newjournal/56journal_2006.html

Robert Hunter, the guy who wrote it writes like you, kinda.     :)

Check out his story "Curvature" on 8.04.06

"Have you ever noticed that the oceans and the Great Lakes appear motionless from the air? You can see waves but they seem frozen. This is a verifiable fact as anyone flying over big bodies of water can attest. Why is nothing ever said of it? Because it goes to show that what is real up close is something else altogether from a distance."
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #611 on: April 07, 2007, 04:18:21 pm »
And now I'm *finally* catching up with one of my favorite blogs around these parts!

..."I hope she is not mad at me" she said, with that look in her eyes of a lost pet on the road.

"Surely not" I told her. "She wouldn't have been looking for you if she was" and I wondered if in her exuberance to tell the world she might tell the one person she gave birth to on 9 April 1965. I am hopeful for her, I am caught up in her drama. I am emotionally investing in the outcome of this situation. It feels good.

You've got us all invested in this story too, Truman - keep us posted as things develop.  You sure do have a gift for knowing the right thing to say.  I'm sure you gave her some much-needed reassurance...I can't imagine how traumatic that would be...It's just two days until 4/9 - maybe they'll have a birthday reunion?!!

Well, this afternoon is the ribbon cutting for the new museum, and it may prove to be an interesting event.
Yesterday held a wonderful experience for me also. An acquaintance who is an African American gentleman asked to meet with me to compare notes on our ancestry. We learned we are third cousins, he being descended from a relative who was a confederate veteran, a man who never married but fathered two large African American families in his community. I was so tickled to know this I told everyone I could.

How was the ribbon-cutting?  Were the protesters there?  I think it's terrific that you and your acquaintance have a common ancestor - very neat news, indeed!!  I wish I had my family tree traced back further.  I'm particulary interested in my maternal grandmother's side (Cherokee), but it seems to get trickier with the women, best I can tell....one day, one day...

Now Lynne was going too, but her ankle came unscrewed. She will have to tell you about that, if we ever hear from her again because methinks, maybe, she might be in love, or at least serious lust. But that is another story.

::) :o :o ;D 8)

You are incorrigible!!  It goes without saying that I'm going to put a lot of thought in how to get you back for this one!  :-*

Rico Suave, eh? I'm loving it!  That's a perfect moniker for wulfie!!!  :laugh:

The quilt panel of Roger Gail Lyon, who testified on 2 August 1982: "I CAME HERE TODAY TO ASK THAT THIS NATION WITH ALL ITS RESOURCES AND COMPASSION NOT LET MY EPITHAPH READ HE DIED OF RED TAPE". I was so glad to see that there, many people who would otherwise not ever see a panel of the AIDS Quilt got to see that one, a profound statement.

Very very neat - I'm really sorry I missed that one.  I have yet to see the quilt.

And why on earth they didn't have the protest at the Washington Monument I cannot understand, it would have been much more effective.

Excellent point, friend.  I am also 100% opposed to this.  If I'm ever fortunate enough to have a child - 'no freakin way.'

And this is what comes next, this is what grows from the legacy of Jack and Ennis, people, real people, coming together and having adventures.

Well said.  I sure missed out.  It sounds completely wonderful!  Next time, next time...

I received word tonite from my Cherokee friend in Hawai'i that their daughter, born last week, had to be airlifted to Oahu for a variety of strange problems. Her name is Maya Olivia. If you would keep her in your thoughts I would appreciate it very much.  :'( :(

Absolutely, Truman...healing wishes are winging their way to Maya Olivia.

Well, this morning I was thinking of that song "Friend of the devil" you had on CD up in WV...Robert Hunter, the guy who wrote it writes like you, kinda.     :)...

"Have you ever noticed that the oceans and the Great Lakes appear motionless from the air? You can see waves but they seem frozen. This is a verifiable fact as anyone flying over big bodies of water can attest. Why is nothing ever said of it? Because it goes to show that what is real up close is something else altogether from a distance."

IMO, Robert Hunter is one of the best lyricists ever to grace us with music.  Here's another of his that's a favorite of mine:

"It goes to show you don't ever know
Watch each card you play
and play it slow....."

--Robert Hunter
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #612 on: April 07, 2007, 04:21:32 pm »
 :D    Hey Miz Lynne!!   How yoo doin?    ;)
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #613 on: April 07, 2007, 07:13:50 pm »
Friends, we have to coordinate with Ms. Tamarak, we all need to engineer ourselves on the same trip.

Wayne, I'll bring the rock, and the shot guns shell. And the sage. And the picture.

I told someone tonight I nailed a piece of my heart to the movie screen when I seen Brokeback Mountain.

When I go up there, I expect to see the pointed end of the nail. Jus' commin out the air.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #614 on: April 07, 2007, 07:18:38 pm »
Wayne, I'll bring the rock, and the shot guns shell. And the sage. And the picture.
:D    What about the stitch-seam beer can?     Did you find that or was that somebody else?

Yeah I told Miz Tam I want to ride on the same day with y'all    ;D

Don

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #615 on: April 07, 2007, 07:19:26 pm »
:D    Hey Miz Lynne!!   How yoo doin?    ;)

I'm doing great, Mistah Wayne!  How're you?  I've been meaning to check in with you.  I thought about you on 3/15, wondering if you have a new title?  Catch me up on your news...I'm trying to catch up on everything I've been missing around here these past few days, an impossible task, even if I exclude the feed store!  (Don't tell Jess!  :-X  :-*)

-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #616 on: April 07, 2007, 07:20:55 pm »
I see there are tres amigos on right now!    :)

Hey Lynne you were once talking about moving ... is that still on? What's the latest?     :D

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #617 on: April 07, 2007, 07:24:28 pm »
3/15
:-\   Oops - did I say I was supposed to finish school by then?     ::)    I am so-o-o-o-o not finished!     :P   But making progress, all is fine.

Don

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #618 on: April 07, 2007, 07:31:46 pm »
Friends, we have to coordinate with Ms. Tamarak, we all need to engineer ourselves on the same trip.

I told someone tonight I nailed a piece of my heart to the movie screen when I seen Brokeback Mountain.

When I go up there, I expect to see the pointed end of the nail. Jus' commin out the air.

Lovely way to put it, Truman!

We do need to get organized on this...with smaller groups of 6, I don't know how much flexibility we'll have with the riding.  I told Lauren I didn't *have* to be in your group, that her group would be cool with me, or another one, wherever I fit, but that you and Wayne oughta be put together so we'll at least be paired with folks we know and love.  Daryl needs to be with me because he probably won't know anybody else yet.

I had a long phone call today with Milli and I think it's becoming more crucial for us to get our act together - I'm getting the Alberta travel guide next week so we can get going on looking at lodging and camping spots.  I emailed my friend Gary today asking for the details from his trip there last summer.  He and his fiancee found some good camping from what I understand.

Here's my sketchy plan at the moment:

Try to be there 7/21 - 7/31.  I know that seems extravagant, but this is my first *real* vacation in about 6 years, otherwise it's just been long weekends, so I want to make the most of it.  I'm looking at putting Mom in respite care for the last two weeks of July to give Chris a break too.

I'm hoping to cross paths with Milli 7/21-22 in or around Edmonton because she is leaving to go to Europe toward the end of the month for her sister's graduation in Europe - her plans are still murky, tho.  Our call really got us going though, so I think plans will start to come together soon.

The only official things I know I'm signed up for is the hike up Jack Ascending on the 24th and the riding on the 26th.  Are y'all up for the hike and the rodeo too?  I believe it's the 25th, but don't hold me to that.

I think we should go in together and rent an SUV or minivan or something, don't you?

-Lynne
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 07:40:02 pm by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #619 on: April 07, 2007, 07:39:26 pm »
I see there are tres amigos on right now!    :)

Hey Lynne you were once talking about moving ... is that still on? What's the latest?     :D

I still want to move - the west coast keeps calling, but no definite plans right now.  My resume is in good shape, but for some reason I'm not able to wrap my brain around the logistics of moving Mom, finding new doctors, and all that.  So I'm sort of just hanging out, regrouping, saving some $$$ because having that danged house for so long made a serious dent in my finances.  I'm thinking of looking for another job locally (Huntsville or Nashville) where I can get some Java and web development experience before I make a bigger move.  Those are serious gaps in the resume at the moment.

:-\   Oops - did I say I was supposed to finish school by then?     ::)    I am so-o-o-o-o not finished!     :P   But making progress, all is fine.

I'm glad to hear it!  Progress is excellent - I'm very proud of you and brag about you whenever I'm given an opportunity!  You be sure to let me know the details because I intend to invite myself down for a celebratory dinner.  :D
"Laß sein. Laß sein."