Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2581610 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #690 on: April 27, 2007, 01:22:54 pm »
OMG How did I forget about Sam Houston!

Well Colorado is not going to happen for me.

The final straw came with my Mother's need to go to the Grand Canyon the first week of June to walk on that glass bottomed semi-circle way out over the canyon. I will be taking her there and to Albuquerque to see her great grandson. That coupled with a miriad of other impending diasters just makes it impossible. I am sorry I won't be there, you all are going to have so much fun and I will miss it. Never enough time. Maybe if I lived in Oklahoma and all these north american things were equalized distancewise, never enough.

I am not sure the Sister Big Bone Pagent happened, never heard another word about it. I was on my way home from Blacksburg that evening so I didn;t get to go by.

Wayne I am going to get the scanner out this weekend, post a picture of me and my Shull cousin at Traveller's grave in 1993. I axed the woman in the chapel if he was buried standing up and she was like "WHY does EVERYBODY think he was standing up?!?! I was there when they buried that box of bones in 1971 and he was NOT standing up!"

But I am going to Alberta, I have my horse reservation send in and I am going to make my air/car reservation this weekend. Only three more months. 
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #691 on: April 29, 2007, 12:18:41 pm »
But I am going to Alberta, I have my horse reservation send in and I am going to make my air/car reservation this weekend. Only three more months. 
:D :D    Yay! I intend to be there too... have paid for half my horse.     ;)

Hey Truman the full moon thing is on Sunday July 29th right? Are you going to be there for that?
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #692 on: April 29, 2007, 02:00:12 pm »
Truman, early June is not the best time for a human bean to be in what is essentially a big lens suspended over the Grand Canyon! You know how Boy Scouts make fire, don't you? I would recommend early October--it's much nicer at the Grand Canyon plus you can catch the balloon festival in Alb. and the great grandson will be older and cuter!!

((Lee orders industrial strength matin call, with capability to send vibrations through ground, air and water!!))
"chewing gum and duct tape"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #693 on: April 29, 2007, 06:38:42 pm »
Thank you Lee, i am sad that I won't be there, but you will be in Alberta, right?

Wayne, yes, I will be there for the new moon. And since the weekend is fast drawing to a close I should make those reservations.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #694 on: April 29, 2007, 07:09:08 pm »
Thank you Lee, i am sad that I won't be there, but you will be in Alberta, right?

Wayne, yes, I will be there for the new moon. And since the weekend is fast drawing to a close I should make those reservations.

First things first, I am going to the BBQ, gonna serve a big feast for my Brokie buddies and after it's over I will think about Alberta.

(I was just in Calgary last week and there was a blizzard going on!!)

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #695 on: April 30, 2007, 03:00:02 am »
um recommend you go ahead and pay for a whole horse...them half horses are a heck to ride!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It'll be OK, Truman - you'll have a good time with your Mom.  But my wheels started spinning...if I took my Mom, they could hang out during the BBQ, then we could ALL go to the Grand Canyon, and then... [you get the idea!]

Then reality prevailed, namely I looked at my checkbook and impending Alberta and impending moving and decided I need two or three more jobs for a while, not more vacations!  ;)  Love you.

I can't wait to tell you about 'The Rambling Nut'!  Don't let me forget!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #696 on: April 30, 2007, 10:47:04 am »

Truman, i am so so sad...I have decided to go ahead and go to Colorado.

a big part of the reason, was to meet you.  I have wanted to meet you,

very much..I am so sorry you arent going to be coming too...you need to

learn to tell mama, you have other plans, and she has to wait for more

important things................... ;D    ;D   hehe   Janice

Beautiful mind

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #697 on: April 30, 2007, 01:41:23 pm »
Aw, Janice I am so sorry. I am wanting to meet you too. (Shit!) things like this always seem to happen. Dang it Dang it Dang it.

My Mamma will be 85 years old when I am in Alberta, she still drives and still finds ways to fill her days, but I know how much it means to her to have someone to take her places while she still can go, and after all she did give birth to me and everything.

But law Lynne, she would have your Mamma so toe up by the time we got back you'd never speak to me again! :laugh:

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #698 on: April 30, 2007, 01:43:56 pm »
Now for my gripe of the day: I do not need instructions on how to leave a voice mail message.

Why do the phone companies have to go on and on in endless detail about how to leave a message after the beep, press x for more options or simply hang up!?!? And tell me this, when in the history of the world has ANYONE ever sent a fax to a cell phone?

I think it is a conspiracy to burn up our cell phone minutes and generally annoy everyone.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #699 on: April 30, 2007, 01:58:38 pm »
Instructions on how to leave a voice mail are right up there with how to fasten your seat belt instructions on a plane. Not only do we have to listen to the instructions and watch a demo, then we are supposed to read the same instructions on the card in the seat back pocket in front of you. "To fasten, insert the metal clip into the buckle until it clicks. To release, lift the metal flap. Adjust the belt by pulling on the loose end. It should fit low and snugly across your hips."

Do these folks think none of us have ever been in a car before?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!