Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2583507 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #820 on: June 11, 2007, 01:11:42 pm »
I dragged their asses (if snakes have asses) out the front door. I let them go, and they slithered away nonchalantly thru the grass.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

A job well done, Truman.  ;D

That picture of you is great!  Would make a nice avatar.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #821 on: June 11, 2007, 02:25:15 pm »
It might just, Lynne thinks I need to use the feather duster head dress one, but I won't because its from Walmart.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #822 on: June 11, 2007, 03:25:26 pm »
It might just, Lynne thinks I need to use the feather duster head dress one, but I won't because its from Walmart.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Now there is an image!  ;D
I'm glad you made it home ok! Snakes and all.
Good thing about black snakes is they chase off the poisonious ones!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #823 on: June 11, 2007, 03:39:01 pm »

That is one of the best stories you have ever told us yet.  I could just see you being a snake wrangler.  Funny picture...Sounds like some of my adventures.  When we got to the cabin in the woods the night after we
were in the run down little cabin and there was a spider on the wall..me and Roubx, and four or five guys...guess who had to climb onto the back of the futon and kill the spider, so they could all sleep in their beds comfortably...Jeff had the futon right below it.  So I think he was the most worried.
         Does all this remind you of a song...I dont like spiders and snakes.

Beautiful mind

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #824 on: June 11, 2007, 08:13:41 pm »
"...and that ain't what it takes to love me,
Like I wanna be loved by you....." :-*

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #825 on: June 11, 2007, 09:30:36 pm »
"...and that ain't what it takes to love me,
Like I wanna be loved by you....." :-*
Gottlove Jim Stafford!  :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #826 on: June 11, 2007, 11:03:10 pm »
Truman,

Thanks for the vivid description of your Sky Bridge adventure.  That's one of the stops on our family vacation in August, and I was wondering what it was going to be like and how they run it.  From your description, it seems like they've got it down to a science.

I'll remember to look for my shadow.  I think it's going to be a very cool experience.  (It better be, at that price.)  :)  And like you, I think I'll pass on any helicopter tours of the canyon. 

Thanks again.

Fran

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #827 on: June 12, 2007, 03:19:14 am »

Oh I was so excited today, I got your beautiful postcard.  thank you so much...I just cant believe
the things that BBM has brought my way...{{{{hugs}}}}

Beautiful mind

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #828 on: June 12, 2007, 06:56:36 am »
Shit, I thought, I have walked on the glass bridge for gawd sake, I can handle this. I went down into my packrat basement, found a length of PC pipe, an old phone cord and some string. I ran the string thru the pipe, pulled the cord thru the pipe till I had me a noose. I marched back upstairs and slipped the noose around the snakes' heads and gently tightened. I dragged their asses (if snakes have asses) out the front door. I let them go, and they slithered away nonchalantly thru the grass.

"Go lay your damn eggs" I hollered at them. They will do that under a rock someplace. Damn reptiles think they own the place.

Tru, you're living quite a life.  Now you can replace the thought in blue with, "Shit, I lassoed me two snakes in my bedroom, I can handle this."

Re the part in purple, they were probably a pair a deuces (with scrawny asses).  Maybe they would have moved faster if you had barked, "Pronto!" at them. 

:)

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #829 on: June 12, 2007, 07:30:21 am »
Truman,

Thanks for the vivid description of your Sky Bridge adventure.  That's one of the stops on our family vacation in August, and I was wondering what it was going to be like and how they run it.  From your description, it seems like they've got it down to a science.

I'll remember to look for my shadow.  I think it's going to be a very cool experience.  (It better be, at that price.)  :)  And like you, I think I'll pass on any helicopter tours of the canyon. 

Thanks again.

Fran

Fran, I am so glad your going, take plenty of water, it is very dry out there. You will love it.

Also if you are in the William, AZ area you can take the Grand Canyon Rilway to the canyon, it is relaxing esp. after driving so much.