Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2525178 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Fuckin' Snakes
« Reply #830 on: June 12, 2007, 08:06:47 am »
So I get home from being gone a week and the damn snakes have decided to come out of the wall and take over the house.

I got home Sunday evening from playing catch up at the office and damn it there wern't two black snakes copulating on my bedroom floor. This just would not do. I can coexist with snakes, but not fertilizing their eggs on my bedoom floor.

I tried the cold water fix, I had seen it used with great effect by the mother of a party host when I was in college, she turnt the hose on this couple rolling in the grass with an audience of about 60. I had no effect on the snakes at all. It did make me realize I needed to clean the floor.I thought about calling animal control, which in my county is the dog catcher. He would probably be unreachable until the morning. I wished I knew some snake handlers, but I know of none locally.

Shit, I thought, I have walked on the glass bridge for gawd sake, I can handle this. I went down into my packrat basement, found a length of PC pipe, an old phone cord and some string. I ran the string thru the pipe, pulled the cord thru the pipe till I had me a noose. I marched back upstairs and slipped the noose around the snakes' heads and gently tightened. I dragged their asses (if snakes have asses) out the front door. I let them go, and they slithered away nonchalantly thru the grass.

"Go lay your damn eggs" I hollered at them. They will do that under a rock someplace. Damn reptiles think they own the place.

You're such a good story teller Tru! I would have screamed and stood looking at them until they went away! How do you know if they were harmless or not? You get alot where you live?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #831 on: June 12, 2007, 08:42:10 am »
So I get home from being gone a week and the damn snakes have decided to come out of the wall and take over the house.

I got home Sunday evening from playing catch up at the office and damn it there wern't two black snakes copulating on my bedroom floor. This just would not do. I can coexist with snakes, but not fertilizing their eggs on my bedoom floor.

I tried the cold water fix, I had seen it used with great effect by the mother of a party host when I was in college, she turnt the hose on this couple rolling in the grass with an audience of about 60. I had no effect on the snakes at all. It did make me realize I needed to clean the floor.I thought about calling animal control, which in my county is the dog catcher. He would probably be unreachable until the morning. I wished I knew some snake handlers, but I know of none locally.

Shit, I thought, I have walked on the glass bridge for gawd sake, I can handle this. I went down into my packrat basement, found a length of PC pipe, an old phone cord and some string. I ran the string thru the pipe, pulled the cord thru the pipe till I had me a noose. I marched back upstairs and slipped the noose around the snakes' heads and gently tightened. I dragged their asses (if snakes have asses) out the front door. I let them go, and they slithered away nonchalantly thru the grass.

"Go lay your damn eggs" I hollered at them. They will do that under a rock someplace. Damn reptiles think they own the place.

"Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?" --Indiana Jones
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

moremojo

Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #832 on: June 12, 2007, 09:27:58 am »
Truman, you should share your serpentine story in FRiend Lee's 'Snakes Alive' thread. Seriously, I would have freaked out big time if I had been in your shoes. Opossums and raccoons (of which I saw one in my back yard this morning) are bad enough!

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #833 on: June 12, 2007, 09:49:58 am »

??? Do snakes run (well slide) around free in Virginia?
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #834 on: June 12, 2007, 10:13:21 am »
  ??? Do snakes run (well slide) around free in Virginia?
Yep! All over the US except in cities.
The snakes there are the two legged kind! LOL  ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #835 on: June 12, 2007, 10:46:12 am »
Yep! All over the US except in cities.
The snakes there are the two legged kind! LOL  ;D

ESPECIALLY the South, where Truman lives.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #836 on: June 12, 2007, 11:16:26 am »
I'm so glad I live in Europe. I don't know what I'd do if I find a couple of snakes putting eggs all over my bedroom!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #837 on: June 12, 2007, 11:23:54 am »
You're such a good story teller Tru! I would have screamed and stood looking at them until they went away! How do you know if they were harmless or not? You get alot where you live?

About the only poisonous snakes we have are copperheads and water moccasins. The black snakes hate them so if you have black snakes they will stay away. Black snakes also catch mice. They are fairly common in my area, but only in the summer months.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #838 on: June 12, 2007, 11:25:04 am »
"Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?" --Indiana Jones

I know, my partner only get squirrels in his house, I have to have snakes.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #839 on: June 12, 2007, 11:30:09 am »
Truman, you should share your serpentine story in FRiend Lee's 'Snakes Alive' thread. Seriously, I would have freaked out big time if I had been in your shoes. Opossums and raccoons (of which I saw one in my back yard this morning) are bad enough!

We have all those, and sknunks, but only the possums got in the house, before I trimmed the dampson tree back, they would climb up in the eves and get in the attic.