Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2530321 times)

Offline esseffjoe

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #870 on: June 23, 2007, 10:49:33 am »
I've been thinking as well about everyone and our journey to Lightning Flat. We'll never forget our first view of that house. Much love to all; let's think about a Wyoming reunion sometime in the future. Much love to all, Joe (esseff)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #871 on: June 23, 2007, 02:02:44 pm »
I've been thinking as well about everyone and our journey to Lightning Flat. We'll never forget our first view of that house. Much love to all; let's think about a Wyoming reunion sometime in the future. Much love to all, Joe (esseff)

My God, thats a beautiful picture!
I can't wait till one day I walk that grassy field up to the house.
I know it's not "really" the Twist house but oh to walk through that green grass with the wind whispering at my side.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Wayne

« Reply #872 on: June 23, 2007, 02:38:06 pm »
 :)    That was a wonderful day!   Thanks for reminding us of the anniversary Truman and Joe!!!     :)

OH! and are those some of Mrs. Twist's blue irises in the foreground?!?  or maybe some other blue flower - I don't remember seeing that many irises blooming, though there were a few.     :-\

blue as Jack's irises ...   :D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 02:46:04 pm by wdj »
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #873 on: June 23, 2007, 03:22:12 pm »
It seems strange to see that dirt road stretching into Montana and to see the house. After seeing it in person it makes it so much more special. I sure would like to know more about the history of that house and I would love to see a picture of it during its heydey. It must have been something else. It is actually quite large and obviously was built extremely well. Have any of the rest of you ever had a glimpse of the upstairs? Joe and I very, very, very carefully went up the stairs making sure not to stand on anything but the risers. We only went far enough so that we could get high enough to look around. I would not recommend going up there to anyone though. There are many rooms up there. So sad to see the house decaying so much though.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #874 on: June 23, 2007, 05:27:22 pm »
Well, Sunday is the 24th, I'll go up on the mountain and have a little toast in honor of "this thing". You know the story has seased being the be all and end all for me, now it is the circle of friends that came with it.

Firstly, Truman, let me tell you, how privilged I feel, to be part of that "circle".

Secondly, we all move on......there are different stages of everything we go thru in life.....love, hate, grief, happiness, sadness.......but no matter what stage we are at, it is still inside us.

There is no doubt in my mind, that in twenty years time, I will still see something that reminds me of Brokeback, still feel a twinge of sadness, maybe giggle about something that reminds me of the boys, or just think of how one story could make such a difference to my life, and to so many others...........There is no doubt, either, that in twenty years time, you will feel the same way as well..................
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #875 on: June 23, 2007, 08:30:26 pm »

Very true Katie.  The feelings that the story gives us is things I have no doubt will last a
lifetime.  Those of us that have been given the opportunity to travel thru the highways and byways of Wyoming. Have an added dimension to our treasury.  The houses, the mountains.!!  But the thing I shall never forget, and hopefully never lose one iota of.  Is the feeling I get from the people.  All of us that have the feelings for this story and place.. We have a very special feeling for each other.  I feel that long after our total obsession with the story has lessened and maybe waned.  I think the feelings for the people will live on and on forever.  I know I shall never forget that part of the story....I personally call it joined at the heart.  By this wondrous story...thanks Truman for reminding me of your trip.  I shall hope to do so for others of mine as well...some time in the future.                                                      janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #876 on: June 24, 2007, 07:05:31 pm »
You two ladies are wonderful.

Well I make a lot of plans and have a lot of ideas, but when today came and I thought of how I'd planned on going up on the mountain, I was just too tired. I had breakfast with my mother this morning and I got back home and asked myself what I needed to do, and I settled on sleep. So I took a nap form 10:30 to 2 pm and it was wonderful.

My partner called me up and asked if I wanted to go get lunch and fertilizer. Sure I said. That was when things started falling into place.

The day had become over cast, and in the west thunder boomed. I swigged from a ginger ale rather than a budwiser and I don't smoke cigarettes, but I sat at the winder and watched for his vehicle. When he arrived I ran out the door tucking in my shirt tail. There are two flights of steps betwixt my house and the road. I took them two and two. We didn;t embrace as after a four year absence, but when he said "Ready to go?" I replied "Yup", and we were off.

Nothing wrong with making plans, as long as you let things turn out like they are going to anyway.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #877 on: June 25, 2007, 02:40:44 am »
Tru, a hot jolt scalded me, reading this description.  :)

"Lunch and fertilizer" makes me think of "Eat Here and Get Gas."  :)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #878 on: June 25, 2007, 11:10:17 am »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLARISSA!!!!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #879 on: June 25, 2007, 11:10:35 am »

That was very sweet Truman.  I think you celebrated the meaning of the mountain..Just right.

Beautiful mind