Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2583423 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #880 on: June 25, 2007, 11:21:23 am »
Yeah, I think you have to just let be sometimes.

In other news I spoke with Celeste (Yaadpyer) on the phone yesterday evening. I past along everones well wishes (Kelda esp.) and got the update on her. She had visited with Ray in Australia back in March, but now he has dissapeared for the time being. She herself is packing up and leaving Chicago by the end of the summer to be closer to her family in the Kansas City area. She is excited about it, and I am happy for her, happy to hear from her.

Also, I received an email from Dana (wyo_men) on Saturday. He was headed up on Brokenback in observance of the one year anniversary of taking us up there. Bless both hearts.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #881 on: June 25, 2007, 12:31:34 pm »
You know I still kick myself in the rear for not joining you and Judy and Joe and Wayne and everybody on that Wyoming trip last year.  Joe was trying so hard to get me to go. That was before I got the travel bug.  It was missing an event like that that made me realize I wasn't going to miss any more of 'em.  ;D

I remember Joe razzed me at Christmas when I told him I regretted not going.  :laugh:

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #882 on: June 25, 2007, 02:31:47 pm »
You know I still kick myself in the rear for not joining you and Judy and Joe and Wayne and everybody on that Wyoming trip last year.  Joe was trying so hard to get me to go. That was before I got the travel bug.  It was missing an event like that that made me realize I wasn't going to miss any more of 'em.  ;D

I remember Joe razzed me at Christmas when I told him I regretted not going.  :laugh:

Eric, you are everyone else's Brokie-travel role model.  :-*

Offline HerrKaiser

« Reply #883 on: June 25, 2007, 07:48:54 pm »
Such memories and safe-keeping of journeys past are testaments to the values placed on matters of the heart. The thoughts here are purely soulful.

the flowers in the foreground of the "twist" house appear to be chicory. This is a wonderful wildflower that has a pure blue color, which is very hard to find. most blues are that purpley blue that just does not pass for blue. Chicory delivers a gorgeous sky blue/baby blue flower that welcomes one along the roads and byways of the great midwest. And interestingly, once picked, it starts to wilt in seconds; it yearns for its roots and structure to be left in tact.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #884 on: June 25, 2007, 08:16:23 pm »
Bless both hearts.
bless you for thinkin it up Shakes!!       :) :-*
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Oregondoggie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #885 on: June 26, 2007, 01:46:53 am »

Thinking Of Some Very Dear Souls Up On Brokenback Mountain Last Year While At An Oregon Coast Motel This Saturday...

Awoke before five
Daybreak rustles the light surf
Swallows slice across the window
As the sound of an early truck scratches the road.
Later this morning have to be packed and away.

New guests will be coming,
Bill was settled the day before,
The owner saying "Just leave the keys on the table,
When you're out of here."

Gonna be a while before coming back,
Yet am suffused with a sense of pleasure
Because Truman, Noelie, Joe Owen, Joe Chapadeau, Wayne, Dana, and Judy were in my dream.

The stale coffee boils up, but caught it before
It goes over the side, poured it into a cup and
Blew on the black liquid, letting a panel of the dream slide forward.

If I do not force my attention on it,
It might stoke the day, before departing,
Rewarm that year-ago time on the mountain
Far to the east of here, when we owned the world
And nothing seemed wrong.

Dreams need tending*, even at a motel on the Oregon Coast...

(Thoughts paraphrased from Brokeback Mountain)

(*Jessi Ford on ennisjack.com)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #886 on: June 26, 2007, 03:43:29 am »
In other news I spoke with Celeste (Yaadpyer) on the phone yesterday evening. I past along everones well wishes (Kelda esp.) and got the update on her. She had visited with Ray in Australia back in March, but now he has dissapeared for the time being. She herself is packing up and leaving Chicago by the end of the summer to be closer to her family in the Kansas City area. She is excited about it, and I am happy for her, happy to hear from her.

thanks Tru!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #887 on: June 27, 2007, 10:36:07 am »
Last night we watched the Ben Stiller movie "Night at the Museum" I had been meaning to watch it for a while. I won't get into a lot of the premise but among the characters and two diorama figures, a Cowboy played by Owen Wilson and a Roman Centurion played by Steve Coogan. They battle each other, their peeps battle each other, and finally they have to join forces to stop criminals trying to steal a valuable relic.

The miniture guys use the Roman's staff to push in the pin on the tire valve of the get away van , the rushing air blowing them away one by one. The centurion turns to the cowboy and says: "Save yourself" to which the cowboy replies: "I ain't gonna quit you".

OMG, I busted out crying. That line in an otherwize middle o' the road picture hit a home run. I wondered if this was an intentional reference to Brokeback Mountain, and I wondered "what if" What if Jack or Ennis had ever said that to one another insted of what was said. What a difference I would have made.

If you get a chance, check it out. If for no other reason, to see how these two characters interact. Bill Cobbs, Mickey Rooney and Dick VanDyke are amazing in their characters as well. 

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #888 on: June 27, 2007, 10:44:56 am »
Well, now I have to watch it!

I got the DVD for my daughter on her birthday and she has worn it slap out! I haven't seen it yet but i will now.
I'm sure it was intentional.  That phrase is used a lot these days.

What if Jack or Ennis had ever said that to one another insted of what was said. What a difference I would have made.

I wonder stuff like that myself. How great it would have been if they had lived the sweet life. But then, I have to wonder if the film would have had the same impact on me.
It's been an emotional rollercoaster since seeing it but i sure appreciate the wake up call!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #889 on: June 27, 2007, 02:18:02 pm »

That would have been so cool if you had, but you know it was uncharted territory then. Many people expressed an interest but just didn;t know how they would feel when they got there. I decided hell I'd be in Wyoming and I'll take that over being at home any day of the week. It was the first experence I had with fellow brokies in person, and it was so liberating, I could tear up and not have to explain anything.