Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2531176 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #890 on: June 27, 2007, 02:19:16 pm »
Such memories and safe-keeping of journeys past are testaments to the values placed on matters of the heart. The thoughts here are purely soulful.

Excellent sentiments HerrKaiser, thank you for sharing.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #891 on: June 29, 2007, 05:58:57 pm »

The miniture guys use the Roman's staff to push in the pin on the tire valve of the get away van , the rushing air blowing them away one by one. The centurion turns to the cowboy and says: "Save yourself" to which the cowboy replies: "I ain't gonna quit you".

OMG, I busted out crying. That line in an otherwize middle o' the road picture hit a home run. I wondered if this was an intentional reference to Brokeback Mountain, and I wondered "what if" What if Jack or Ennis had ever said that to one another insted of what was said. What a difference I would have made.

OMG, Truman.......I felt the impact of that, just reading your thread.........

And Yes, the mind wanders to another story that might have been told, about our boys living the sweet life, and that feeling of sadness, that it was a story never written.........
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love was the word that left my lips
« Reply #892 on: July 01, 2007, 10:07:03 am »
OMG, Truman.......I felt the impact of that, just reading your thread.........

And Yes, the mind wanders to another story that might have been told, about our boys living the sweet life, and that feeling of sadness, that it was a story never written.........

thats why fanfiction is/was so appealing. I used to love Brokeback fanfiction soooo much. Its a great alternative.
"He was very afraid of being hurt. He was afraid of opening up in case it was turned around and used against him."

Heaven holds a sense of wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0VVoScBd4k

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #893 on: July 01, 2007, 11:07:44 am »
I never knew about fanfic before all this, and have read some. It is a continuation of the story telling process I think we have lost in the last hundred years. I see in it Jack and Ennis and all the others crossing over into the ranks of Paul Bunyan and Johnny Appleseed.

Offline Oregondoggie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #894 on: July 01, 2007, 03:12:27 pm »
I never knew about fanfic before all this, and have read some. It is a continuation of the story telling process I think we have lost in the last hundred years. I see in it Jack and Ennis and all the others crossing over into the ranks of Paul Bunyan and Johnny Appleseed.

The Hills Are Alive With Jack's Harmonica!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #895 on: July 02, 2007, 03:42:25 pm »
New directions in your life can start with the oddest things, like Chinese food.

I was have lunch one day a couple of months ago with my friend whose daughter had just become engaged to a nice young man from Brisbane, Australia. (The first time I met him I was sure to tell him what a fan of Heath Ledger I was.) She said the couple was having a time finding someone to marry them as they are not religious and there are few alternatives civil celebrants nearby.

I made the fateful statement: "Well, I'm a notary public, maybe I can marry them."

Well it took off like a lit match in a sawdust pile. Before I could even think about it again the bride was calling me saying how wonderful an idea that was. So I checked, and no, in the Commonwealth of Virginia Notary Publics cannot marry people. To do so one has to be appointed a Special Justice by their local circuit court.

Hmmmmmmmm......a challenge, and one with a potential reward. I told the bride to be sure and have a back up plan, but I would see what I could accomplish. Calls were then made to the court, to a lawyer, back to the court, to the Judge's secretary, to the clerk, the deputy clerk. Finally all the right ducks had been educated. A special justice had not been appointed since waaaaaay back in the last century, for some involved it was their first time.

A couple of weeks ago I filled out a yellowed form and paid $19, went to the DMV to update my drivers license (long story) and it "went upstairs". I would try to check on the progress without making a nuisance of meself. The last time I check I was told they had my number, they would call me. Do you think I gave them a chance?

Over the weekend I lay awake at 3 am wondering what to do. Life is such a mine field, and we go tiptoeing thru it looking for something worth risking our legs over.

This morning I went by the court house non nonchalently (like what is the opposite of Nonchalant I have often wondered) and one of the deputies asked if I had come for my appointment. "Is it ready?" I asked, indeed it was.

So this morning, I, who cannot marry the person I would marry if I were so enclined, took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States, the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and became commissioned to unite one man and one woman in matrimony. My first wedding will be this Saturday, 7-7-07.

Wulf, I'll be wearing the harmonica necklace you give me.  ;)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #896 on: July 02, 2007, 04:08:27 pm »
Wow!
That is awesome.
Congrats for you!
Can I call ya preacher now?  :laugh:

However, this part makes it all bitter sweet!

So this morning, I, who cannot marry the person I would marry if I were so enclined, took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States, the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and became commissioned to unite one man and one woman in matrimony.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #897 on: July 02, 2007, 04:20:49 pm »
Life is such a mine field, and we go tiptoeing thru it looking for something worth risking our legs over.

That's a great one.  Sounds like something Mark Twain might have written.  Were you channelling him, maybe? 8)

Congratulations on your appointment, Truman!  It is indeed one of life's ironies that you are now in that position.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #898 on: July 02, 2007, 04:53:26 pm »
It is indeed one of life's ironies that you are now in that position.  :)

My life is so full of irony I wonder why my clothes are wrinkled.  :-X

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #899 on: July 02, 2007, 04:54:46 pm »
My life is so full of irony I wonder why my clothes are wrinkled.  :-X

ROFLMAO!!!! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Taht was great!
May I use that if the situation arises?
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"