Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2593745 times)

Offline esseffjoe

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #1020 on: July 26, 2007, 12:09:31 pm »
Yesterday the horse rideing group had problems, as I heard, Mouk had to jump from her horse when it got spooked. She is okay, but Fabienne was kicked, directly in the knee. I am hoping she went to the hospital last night. I had switched with her so she could go yesterday and I feel bad about it.

This is not good news. Give both a hug and well wishes from me, and do not feel bad about sitting out yesterday.

Reading your posts makes me even more sorry I could not be there.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1021 on: July 26, 2007, 02:20:52 pm »
((((truman)))

please don't feel bad. my knee is swollen but the iboprufen and the ice are working, no need to go to the hospital. besides, it's laundry day anyway  ::), so plenty of rest for me.

i'm so glad you wanted to switch with me, it would have been very difficult for me to get there today.  :-*

and being on moose mountain was awesome, kick or no kick.

see ya

fabienne
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1022 on: July 26, 2007, 03:08:21 pm »

I am truly enjoying the posts telling us what is going on..So sad though about fabienne and the other lady to be horse pitched.. 
    Low startle point indeed.  Hoping you all continue and have no more incidents of injury or disasters...Only Good Fortunes From Now On............
                                                                                      janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #1023 on: July 26, 2007, 09:22:21 pm »
It is quieter on the boards, They are here, in this living room, fork in hand, the soft mummer of conversation punctuated by Phil laugh, RouxB tender meandering voice, bbmkat texture and Abe, grounding us all. I sit here in this comfortable chair and gaze out at them, this community of people, stepped out of their separate and unequal lives, to come together here.

I am still wondering. Most times I am wondering why shit happens, but this, wonder, this thing what got a hold of us, it ain't over yet. It will continue, it will turn the tumblers of my heart and either open it, or close it, as the case my be. It is a good thing.

And in the soft cacophony of this place I smile a little inward smile. I am happy, you have made me feel wonderful, and young again, and sure of myself. My eyes turn away from Brokeback Mountain, and I send you a wink.

oh baby.......what a wonderful way to describe how you are feeling......and guess what?.....you got me feeling it with you, as no doubt everyone else who reads this....

What more can I add to such beautiful words......i wont even try......love u Tru....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1024 on: July 27, 2007, 01:04:20 am »
Hey Fabienne, I am glad you are okay, today on the ridge Allen (the head wrangle) had his horse bolt crossing the first creek and it came down on him hard. He was Okay, said he was any way and we did that 14 km trip Moose Mountain where we saw the I Ain't Queer scene and the running to the disembowled sheep scene and the moveing the sheep on the cliff scene.

I can't describe to you all what it was like to lay in the spot Jake Gyllenhaal  laid on that ridge, it is like the twilight zone.

Katie, good to hear from you, be watching your mailbox!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 10:03:14 am by Shakestheground »
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1025 on: July 27, 2007, 01:11:14 am »
Wow!! The horses I used to ride on trail rides were so gentle--they were almost tooooo calm. These ones must be a little more frisky!! I'll need to take lessons before I go again. No more injuries, I hope!  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

moremojo

« Reply #1026 on: July 27, 2007, 01:15:09 am »
You Alberta pilgrims are living rough, just like Ennis, and Jack too, in his younger days. Sorry to hear about the kicks and bruises (and any flattened harmonicas), but you might think of it as one more way of getting closer to the boys.

Take care of yourselves, and happy riding.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1027 on: July 30, 2007, 09:49:41 am »
Dear Friends,

My last day here in Alberta and I have been able to get a connection. I apologize for the sporadic reposts, but RL has taken priority on this trip, and when I have had some down time it has been for rest.

I will be doing ALOT of writing later this week. I will tell you this trip has been the best trip I have ever been on in my entire life, I have done more, seen more and enjoyued myeself more than any other time.

Thank you Meryl, this would not have happened if it wernt for you, and thank you Thurson and Lovey, I mean Phillip and John, for giving us a home which this week was really a home on the range.

And I'll tell you what: Mayor Phillip is one of the funniest people I have ever met. He cracks me up evertime he says something.

The postcards are going in the mail this morning.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #1028 on: July 30, 2007, 09:53:21 am »
Have a safe trip home Tru,
I can't wait to hear all about you adventure and see your pictures!

Dear Friends,

My last day here in Alberta and I have been able to get a connection. I apologize for the sporadic reposts, but RL has taken priority on this trip, and when I have had some down time it has been for rest.

I will be doing ALOT of writing later this week. I will tell you this trip has been the best trip I have ever been on in my entire life, I have done more, seen more and enjoyued myeself more than any other time.

Thank you Meryl, this would not have happened if it wernt for you, and thank you Thurson and Lovey, I mean Phillip and John, for giving us a home which this week was really a home on the range.

And I'll tell you what: Mayor Phillip is one of the funniest people I have ever met. He cracks me up evertime he says something.

"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #1029 on: July 30, 2007, 10:07:28 am »
Dear Friends,

I will tell you this trip has been the best trip I have ever been on in my entire life, I have done more, seen more and enjoyued myeself more than any other time.

I am so happy for you Truman that you had the wonderful opportunity to go on this trip to Alberta. 
I am looking forward to my post card!