Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2525752 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #1050 on: August 01, 2007, 03:59:18 pm »

Truman if you dont really feel ready to tell about your trip.  You should not feel obligated.  If you want to keep it forever just for yourself, thats ok too.  Some things are difficult to put into words even tho we have a very profound feeling about them.  You can internalize that for yourself.  No apologies.  So take your time.  If and when you feel like telling it.  We will be here to llisten.                                               janice

Well I can;t keep it to myself, I'll  bust. Now Phil and John they have the whole weekend on video, and when you see it I hope you will approve. We did a ceremony in which I attempted to honor your brothers memory. Wish you could have been there.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #1051 on: August 01, 2007, 04:01:33 pm »
That was a great ceremony Tru, very moving and a perfect way to close out the trip.  J
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1052 on: August 01, 2007, 04:08:10 pm »
Gracias Natali!  Oiga, este Truman necesita practicar espanol asi que tenemos que ayudarle!  Hope you're well, been too long, J

yo trabajo en mi espanol!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1053 on: August 01, 2007, 04:21:05 pm »
yo trabajo en mi espanol!
Bueno pero no digas la palabra que te ensene en Calgary!  Es muy fea!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1054 on: August 01, 2007, 04:36:27 pm »
      Truman you are such a caring person, and thank you very much for that.  I feel very honored to have friends that would do that.  You are a joy and a blessing to this place..........thanks again.

Juan, I dont know if you remember the conversations we had over a year ago about the Rufus Wainwright music, late one evening on chat.  I went to see him in concert last night with my two grandaughters.  The concert was great fun and loads of energy.  He really has a special and unique voice.  The music was not what I am used to from him, but it was great.  Just not quite what i expected.  He had lots of kind of new age stuff in it, with horns, and other instruments not usually on his music.  I am still trying to digest it, and find out if i really like it or not.  I wish he had put more of his older stuff in.  Only two songs, out of a 2 1/2 hr show.  There was divided thoughts also on his opening act.. Sean Lennon.  I liked it ok for steel rock music, but i dont think he will be close to his father in ability.  His music did however have certain things in it that were a tribute to the guitar styles of his father. 

Beautiful mind

moremojo

« Reply #1055 on: August 01, 2007, 04:40:53 pm »
Julian Lennon certainly sounded like his father when singing, but he seems to have disappeared from the radar for the past many years. Even if Sean had no talent at all, and didn't possess a single creative bone in his body, he would still merit a place in musical history for inspiring one of his father's loveliest compositions...'Beautiful Boy'.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1056 on: August 01, 2007, 04:58:26 pm »
Juan, I dont know if you remember the conversations we had over a year ago about the Rufus Wainwright music, late one evening on chat.  I went to see him in concert last night with my two grandaughters.  The concert was great fun and loads of energy.  He really has a special and unique voice.  The music was not what I am used to from him, but it was great.  Just not quite what i expected.  He had lots of kind of new age stuff in it, with horns, and other instruments not usually on his music.  I am still trying to digest it, and find out if i really like it or not.  I wish he had put more of his older stuff in.  Only two songs, out of a 2 1/2 hr show.  There was divided thoughts also on his opening act.. Sean Lennon.  I liked it ok for steel rock music, but i dont think he will be close to his father in ability.  His music did however have certain things in it that were a tribute to the guitar styles of his father. 
Hi Janice!  That rings a bell about Rufus.  His name came up on the trip too, he does have a particular style and I was saying I tend to love the covers songs that he does (Across The Universe, Hallelujah, Bewtiched, Bothered and Bewildered) and certain songs that he wrote (a lot of Want Two, like Waiting For a Dream).  When I read critiques of his music, the word "ambitious" comes up a lot, but when I've bought his albums, I'm not always totally satisfied.  I can't say that I would've liked Sean Lennon at all either, but it sounds like the concert was worth it?  J

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1057 on: August 01, 2007, 05:08:53 pm »
         One of the things in his favor (Seans)  it was difficult to hear everything he was saying, but he does seem to be very personable.  Cracks jokes, and certainly doesnt take himself too seriously.  I thought that was very likeable. 
          Rufus is such a wonderful personality, that even if you dont like the music, you can still enjoy his show a great deal.  He first came out in a red and white candy striped suit with glitter stars placed over it.. I thought it was great.  The second time after the break he had on the lederhosen.  The last set was his tribute to Judy Garland, and broadway which everyone loved.  They also remarked he had legs most women would envy..  All in all it was a great experience.  But my favorite album is still the first one i bought.   "Rufus Wainwright."  I love all of that one.
            He did a Foggy day in London town, and Hallelujah.  He had the crowd in his hand for those.  It was
amazing.

And Scott showing how my mind runs in odd ways sometimes.  At the most unlikely of times.  Strangely enough, while Sean was onstage, I actually did think of him as the wee babe his parents had wanted to deeply.  How he is a very special person if only for that reason.  The influence he had on his father.          

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 05:15:39 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1058 on: August 01, 2007, 05:46:33 pm »
Hey Truman, here's an early birthday present for you.  It's always nice when you know you are giving somebody something they really want.  You will have to get the sound on your computer fixed...

http://www.aboriginalvoices.com/

("Listen Now" button in the upper right)

Love from one of your many friends,

Clarissa

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1059 on: August 01, 2007, 06:11:15 pm »

Lincy wont work Elle.

Beautiful mind