Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2596435 times)

injest

Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #4610 on: July 17, 2008, 07:01:34 pm »
I dont' know...I guess the same reason "Play the world of Magonali" is on when I come on... :P

injest

« Reply #4611 on: July 17, 2008, 07:04:27 pm »
my blog has "Christian Singles dating"!!

and Hebrew lessons

and the thread about the lady stuck on a toilet??

ads for new toilets...

I need to start posting them Jack Nasty pictures I been putting in YOUR blog in mine to run off them Christian singles running all over the place in there!

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4612 on: July 17, 2008, 07:22:21 pm »
Tru, she's in 3rd place with 2379 plays.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #4613 on: July 17, 2008, 09:09:16 pm »
Here is a news story about a couple I met a couple of years ago in Boulder, Colorado, who recently got married in California:

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/jul/11/boulder-gay-couple-weds-california/

James Baetke, For the Camera
Friday, July 11, 2008

While newlyweds Keith Brown and Ramon Diaz took turns lifting their shared mug of coffee on the patio of a cafe, each of their silver wedding bands reflected in the sun’s rays.

They were slightly nervous to talk about their big news, but both said they were ready to let all of Boulder know — or whoever will listen — that they are legally married, weeks after they wed in San Francisco on June 25.

Their rings carry a symbolic weight, they said.

“It’s a public way of formalizing our relationship,” Brown said. “It’s a personal commitment between us.”

The reasons to wed also were practical, they said: wills, Social Security and health benefits.

“Marriage, to me, is to help protect my partner, and unfortunately (Colorado) and national laws aren’t there yet,” Brown said.

Ten years into their relationship, Brown and Diaz decided that a planned trip to a California gay and lesbian film festival would also be the week they would exchange vows. The decision was on a whim after the California Supreme Court started to allow gay marriages June 16.

All it took was scheduling a civil ceremony online and $150.

“I started to get butterflies just before the ceremony,” Diaz said.

The two men said they felt “extremely welcomed” at City Hall, with numerous volunteers welcoming couples with smiles and applause and a string quartet playing at the end of the ceremony. The couple went through the motions as any straight couple would: the rings, the vows and, oh yes, the kiss.

“When we kissed, I knew this was it,” Brown said.

The simple ceremony included a friend from Colorado Springs who acted as a witness and a “straight” and “sweet” judge, the couple said.

“I never would have believed government bureaucrats could be so warm, welcoming and loving,” Diaz said. “You stepped into City Hall and you saw all these different couples —different ages, different colors and sizes.”

Brown, 56, and Diaz, 44, live in a co-housing community of 11 families and said they are widely welcomed as the only gay couple in the neighborhood. They see the city as open and gay-friendly.

They gave little notice to their neighbors and friends about their marriage. But when they came home as newlyweds, their neighbors came together and bought the most ubiquitous wedding gift possible: a cheap toaster.

“The toaster symbolizes, ‘Now you’re married like everyone else,’” said Angelique Espinoza, the couple’s neighbor and a Boulder councilwoman. “Keith and Ramon are great people, and I am so blessed to have them in my life.”

Brown and Diaz met in Boulder 13 years ago just as the cyber world was beginning to heat up.

“We met back when the Internet was first becoming popular, and we actually met online,” Brown said. “Back when chats were called bulletin boards.”

Brown, a self-employed salesman, is divorced and has a daughter. He grew up in Iowa as the middle child of three boys. His older brother takes the “gay thing” fine, he said, but his younger sibling finds it hard to accept.

Diaz was born and raised in Guam as the youngest of 10 children. Not all his siblings accept his sexual orientation, but his mother and father have learned to accept it.

The men weighed the pros and cons of printing a wedding announcement in the Camera.

“It was a curiosity, on my part, to see if the Camera would publish it,” Brown said. “Would anyone in the public act negatively?”

Their official announcement will appear in Sunday’s edition.

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #4614 on: July 18, 2008, 08:14:34 am »
I'll be heading out to the Outer Banks of North Carolina tomorrow for a week. Will be staying in Nags Head, right across the street from the ocean, where I plan to spend a lot of time, becoming the only person I know to have actually read Satanic Verses.

Monday morning I will be going to Hang Gliding School at Jockey's Ridge State Park, something I have wanted to do for years. Maybe I will follow thru on it, maybe it will be like the rapelling attempt, o-well either way it will be there and not here.

Hopefully I will be able to get on line and post pictures.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

injest

« Reply #4615 on: July 18, 2008, 08:26:39 am »
I'll be heading out to the Outer Banks of North Carolina tomorrow for a week. Will be staying in Nags Head, right across the street from the ocean, where I plan to spend a lot of time, becoming the only person I know to have actually read Satanic Verses.

Monday morning I will be going to Hang Gliding School at Jockey's Ridge State Park, something I have wanted to do for years. Maybe I will follow thru on it, maybe it will be like the rapelling attempt, o-well either way it will be there and not here.

Good luck, Truman! There is NOTHING more exhilarating than being really really scared and pushing thru it. You will feel like you could do anything!

There is a lady I am teaching to ride...she is an older woman and overweight, never has done anything athletic but something in her has clicked and she wants to do things she has always dreamed of before time runs out..She literally shakes when it is time to get on....but when she DOES get into the saddle she is sooo happy, she says she feels more alive than at any other time...sometimes she just pumps the air with her fists and says YES!! I did it!! and that is a big deal for this woman, she has such low self esteem.

I had a bad wreck last year, got bucked off and stepped on, I couldn't get back on at the time (too injured) so it was a while before I got to ride again. I still can taste the terror, standing there beside that horse holding the mane and looking at the stirrup.

I also can remember the incredible release and power I felt when my behind hit the saddle. It is addictive.

so anyway the whole point I am trying to make is that it is ok to be scared but there is a wonder beyond that fear that is MORE than worth it. Trust yourself, you can do this.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4616 on: July 18, 2008, 08:33:11 am »

I hope you have a great time!
We'll miss you around here!  :-*
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4617 on: July 18, 2008, 08:50:30 am »
Have lots of fun Bud.  Be careful!

Hey Tru,  I saw you in my dream last night.  It was so real.  Im glad I got to know you a little my friend.  ;)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #4618 on: July 18, 2008, 09:00:58 am »

:o

I'll stick to horses. If I'm gonna break my neck and get killed, I'd rather it be that way. When we went riding on the Roundup, and Casper started trotting on that 45-degree downslope, I just told myself there are worse ways to die than falling off a horse and breaking your neck in the Absarokas of Wyoming.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4619 on: July 18, 2008, 09:01:46 am »
Yeah, i was waiting to see DK and believe or not in my dream you were working at Starbucks!   :laugh: :laugh: