Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2528084 times)

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2006, 12:45:01 pm »
I just made my first visit to your world.  Your stories are amazing and the description of your trip to Wyoming brought tears to my eyes.  I really hope I have the time to make it out there, but then again, I'm not sure if it is something I could handle by myself.  I tend to be very emotional about the way this movie affects me.  In fact, on the way back from Alberta I had to stop driving because I was just crying too much.  Looks like I'll have to do some reflecting on this.

Thank you so much for everything you have posted here  :)
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2006, 10:42:10 am »
Speaking with the museum this morning I learned I could get a Jumbo Brick with 78 characters on it. I don't think I will need one that large. Have  had amny wonderful suggestions, that I hope will be used by anyone anywhere to put a brick someplace.

So here is what I have finally decided to put:

ENNIS & JACK
              "Ole Brokeback got us good"
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2006, 11:25:24 pm »
 :) :) :'( :)   Thass a good one Shakes!   :)
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2006, 11:18:31 am »
Hey Cowboy, how you been? I really like the pics you posted of your road trip in Wyoming before we met up. That multicolored, eroded ladscape shot, where was that?

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2006, 03:58:00 pm »
The before and after of my moustash:

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2006, 04:12:01 pm »
I like ya better without the 'stache.  Dang it all if Aunt Bee ain't got a big ole monument...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

vkm91941

« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2006, 06:43:13 pm »
I like ya better without the 'stache.  Dang it all if Aunt Bee ain't got a big ole monument...

Ditto what Celeste said  :D 

Offline Wayne

« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2006, 08:25:51 pm »
Hey Cowboy, how you been? I really like the pics you posted of your road trip in Wyoming before we met up. That multicolored, eroded ladscape shot, where was that?

I'm glad you liked that!! It was such a surreal and wonderful day ... course the whole trip was!

As for where it was ... You went on to Signal, I mean Ten Sleep and the rest, right? Well, right in the middle of downtown Ten Sleep, there's a road that turns right, so heading north. You take that road, and just keep going. It becomes a dirt road, goes 45 miles, and then lets out at the town of Shell.

I want to play a little with that photo -- there's a faint rainbow effect in that hump in the foreground ... I'll show you in a while...

Take care buddy!!    :) :)
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2006, 09:34:01 pm »
Here is me this evening, in the gloaming twilight of me driveway, with my beloved material posessions, me car and me house.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2006, 10:15:23 pm »
Ohhhh!!     :) :) :)   An' you ain't even botherin' to wear nothin either !!    :) :)

Thass so sweet!!!    :) :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 10:17:37 pm by wdj »

Don