Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2531260 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #5710 on: September 30, 2014, 03:14:03 pm »
Jackie is safe in the Ark now.  :o

Lawd, I was thinking the other day on Rosh Hashana that is was the anniversary of the big cook out at Paul's former home in Boston, because that woman left early "its my new year!" she said. I can see her plain as day. I cannot remember her screen name. She had Springsteen's rear end as her avatar.

And I met Andrew and Laurel drove us from the theater to his house and after that gathering she was never seen or heard from again. All these people fall away. Like little onion peals. What did is all mean?

I will probably wonder the rest of my life. 

Hey Tru, yes it was our 8th Boston anniversary last week.  As for Springsteen's ass, that was Sandy, screen name memento (far left in the photo).  She often shows up for our AIDS walks gatherings.  As does Andrew.  You're right, Laurel kinda disappeared.  As did Joe.  However, I have seen everyone else in this photo at least several times since 2006.  In fact, I am seeing Lisa next week!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #5711 on: September 30, 2014, 03:33:05 pm »
Oohhhh!  Give Lisa a big hug for me, please!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5712 on: September 30, 2014, 03:35:39 pm »
Oohhhh!  Give Lisa a big hug for me, please!!!

You bet, Chuck!

Here's more nostalgia:  in the lobby of the Coolidge Corner Theatre, before the group viewing.  Love Tru's face!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5713 on: September 30, 2014, 03:38:15 pm »
And to prove that we were/are truly crazy, especially in them early days, here is some of the party decor:

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #5714 on: September 30, 2014, 04:04:40 pm »
Love the party decor!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Who made those glorious J & E dolls?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5715 on: September 30, 2014, 07:22:21 pm »
Love the party decor!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Who made those glorious J & E dolls?

They're not dolls, they're piñatas.  I bought them from the party store, and painted one with blue eyes and black hair. 

Leslie won them in the cherry cake bake-off (second prize; first prize went to Sandy and she won the drag queen sheep). 

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5716 on: October 01, 2014, 06:51:49 am »
Hey Tru, yes it was our 8th Boston anniversary last week.  As for Springsteen's ass, that was Sandy, screen name memento (far left in the photo).  She often shows up for our AIDS walks gatherings.  As does Andrew.  You're right, Laurel kinda disappeared. 

I thought Laurel was one of the three-person team behind Finding Brokeback, the wonderful web site that diagrams all the shooting locations. I tried to contact her to ask her to take down the precise location of the stash on Brokenback Mountain before it disappeared, but there was no answer.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5717 on: October 01, 2014, 08:27:16 am »
I thought Laurel was one of the three-person team behind Finding Brokeback, the wonderful web site that diagrams all the shooting locations. I tried to contact her to ask her to take down the precise location of the stash on Brokenback Mountain before it disappeared, but there was no answer.

That's Lauren, aka tamarack (far right in the group shot above).  I might have her email somewhere, if you'd like.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #5718 on: October 01, 2014, 08:27:25 am »
Ah yes, Brokie-versaries!

This December will mark the 9th anniversary of my seeing the movie for the first time, in Montclair, NJ.

The 10th is coming up!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5719 on: October 01, 2014, 09:41:06 am »
All these people fall away. Like little onion peals. What did is all mean?

I will probably wonder the rest of my life. 

What I wonder about is how we came together in the first place. Ours never was the typical fandom, and the people who stayed around are not the kind of people who run in fandoms. I have been so blessed to meet and know people who I never would have had the chance to meet otherwise. Without Brokeback Mountain and BetterMost, I would have gone my dreary way for the rest of my life, unknown, unloved, unchallenged. Instead, a story about two lonely sheep herders, written by a fiercely unsentimental author, has changed my life forever. And the biggest change is knowing there are people like me out there, being able to reach out to them and know them, even though some have passed through only briefly and even though I may never meet some of them in so-called "real life."
"chewing gum and duct tape"