Author Topic: Approaching Dec. 9th...  (Read 5855 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Approaching Dec. 9th...
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 10:41:54 pm »
Notice it's next appearance on HBO is Sunday, December 10.  I guess they don't  pay attn to BBM's 1rst "birthday."  Still got my ticket stub from Friday 1/6/06.  Oh, the disadvantages of living in a smaller marker. 

I've never kept a movie ticket before. It's in my scrapbook next to my ticket to the to the top of the EMPIRE STATE BUILDING.  :o 

I'm still making a note my calendar for this Saturday.  It's unfortunate us Brokies can't be all together in person on  12/9.  Ah well,  we shall be interconnected in our own way.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 12:54:40 am »
I was very aware that it opened on Dec 9 in some cities, so spent a lot of time on IMDb that day and the next, to read the first reports.  I didn't get to see it til Dec 31.  I feel like I'll never forget the feeling of WWWOOOWWW, THIS IS REALLY IT!!! the first time I saw that big truck drive across the screen and the words "BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN."

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 02:00:45 pm »
I learned to stay away from IMDB.com once it came out until I saw the film. Ppl were putting all kinds of spoilers.  One of the first posts I read had in the text "why did Jack have to die."  After that, no more. I just looked at BBM's "score" at rottentomatoes.com .

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 02:08:45 pm »
Yeah, you can't go the IMDB boards before you see it... You have to go afterwards... No one explains that in life's manual. :(
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 06:01:05 pm »
Yeah, you can't go the IMDB boards before you see it... You have to go afterwards... No one explains that in life's manual. :(

Hmmm. I think I like IMDb better as a source of information about movies that haven't come out yet. And if I really look forward to seeing a movie, sometimes it's one of the few places to get information about it, unless the movie is part of a franchise.

(Or were you talking about IMDb in particular? I didn't go to IMDb after the movie came out, not so much because of the spoilers, but because I didn't like trolls, and didn't like the messageboard software, and didn't have time to read all the threads once I had seen the movie myself.)
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

moremojo

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 06:59:10 pm »
Just to let folks know, I will almost certainly not be online for the big anniversary tomorrow, December 9, 2006;  I'm usually not online on Saturdays and Sundays. But I'll be mindful of the day's significance, and I send out my love and best wishes to all our family here and those who may not yet, for whatever reason, have become members of this cherished online community.

I'm still crying over Ennis and Jack, almost one year later...and I continue to be amazed and humbled.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:05:01 pm by moremojo »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 01:42:27 pm »
I'm still crying over Ennis and Jack, almost one year later...and I continue to be amazed and humbled.

You speak for us all, Scott.  Happy BBM Anniversary!  :-*

Happy BBM Anniversary to Luigi and to all Brokies everywhere!  8)

If the spirit moves you, HERE'S one place tributes are welcome.   :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline luigival

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 04:25:40 pm »
You speak for us all, Scott.  Happy BBM Anniversary!  :-*

Happy BBM Anniversary to Luigi and to all Brokies everywhere!  8)

Thank you Meryl! As expected I couldn't be online on the 9th, but that day I swear my thoughts went to BBM and to this community. And maybe one day we'll be able to meet in person somewhere, maybe in that ... vast open space, between what we know and what we try to believe...
They were two friends of mine