Author Topic: Your preferred tent scene terminology?  (Read 8699 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Your preferred tent scene terminology?
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 12:25:10 am »
Sorry, I guess I should have offered "completely spelled out" as an option. I do figure that some scenes referred to a lot the deserve a shorthand -- especially since everyone here is so familiar with the movie (and some of us are especially familiar with those two scenes!  ::)).

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 03:16:20 am »
In saving my photos, I used (spontaneously,  1T1002, 2T001, cmer. 1T3001 I think the DC terminology (FNIT, SNIT) is the clearest. These are just the order i saved them in, and make sense only to me, here presented in chronological order of events. cmer blows up real nice. Well, they're not in chronological order anymore, cause i was trying to figure iout what happpoened to Jack in 1T3001--and I can't figure out where he went. He used to be there...

Here're my pics--look at letters under them (I know the pics are familiar to all.
But click to enlarge if ya wanna.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 11:40:57 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 03:41:12 am »
I assume they are First Night in Tent (FNIT) and Second Night in Tent (SNIT).  Please correct me if it's wrong.

Jenny -

That makes sense to me. Thanks for explaining it! :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 03:50:09 am »
Here're my pics--look at letters under them (I kbnow the pics are familiar to all.
But click to enlarge if ya wanna.

It's amazing how after a day (many days!) of endlessly discussing the most detailed aspects of the film in an abstract or analytical way, those photos remind me of the actual concrete movie and are still so thrilling! Even the one that I use as my avatar and therefore see dozens of times a day.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 04:11:13 pm »
Agreed, in the awesomeness of these photos. It's so nice to see them right in a row like that. I guess b/c of my IMDb "upbringing," I'll always think of them as first tent scene and second tent scene, but I can go with the shorthand TS1 and TS2. The other acronynms are strange to me, and I really don't like them, actually.

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 04:26:27 pm »
FNIT and SNIT just make me think of the phrase "snit fit."  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 07:31:43 am »
I agree that "FTS" and "STS" don't look right.

Amanda, reading the above, first I gave a small, Ennis-like smile of recognition at the Brokieism used, then realized that "don't" now feels weird as a plural in that usage.  :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 09:21:54 pm »
Amanda, reading the above, first I gave a small, Ennis-like smile of recognition at the Brokieism used, then realized that "don't" now feels weird as a plural in that usage.  :)

LOL, yup, I was aware of the Brokieism hidden in that sentence as I was writing it... even if it is the correct plural in that case.  Funny how Brokieisms are so often linked to wacky grammar.
 ::) :laugh:
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006, 11:55:13 pm »
Funny how Brokieisms are so often linked to wacky grammar.

That's why it's so difficult to slip them into ordinary conversation. I have far less problem with the swear words (for some reason, nobody seems too surprised by that  ::)). But when I use "ain't," or don't match my subject and verb, or say "them days," I feel about as natural as I would wearing a cowboy hat. And boots. And a Wrangler shirt.  And carrying a 30-30.

But their subversiveness is part of the fun, hunh?

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 09:59:48 am »
LOL....never actually really thought about it much...

But I guess I prefer TS1 and TS2...