Author Topic: Least favorite criticism of Brokeback Mountain  (Read 16857 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Least favorite criticism of Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 09:54:47 am »
Hey, y'all.  Just wanted to letcha know - a couple of folks have contacted me and told me they'd like to change their votes but can't.  I've tried to edit the poll to check the option that allows users to change votes (which I'm sure I had checked when I first created it, but maybe I lost it when I edited the poll to add a couple new and exciting icky criticisms recently?).  Alas, that option is no longer even listed as one I can check when I go to Edit Poll.  Maybe it goes away after a certain period of time?  I'm not quite sure.  Just wanted to apologize to anyone who's unable to make a change.  :-\
No more beans!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 12:25:55 pm »
All the criticism is retarded IMO, but Julie is right, the one that gets me the most is the 'wasn't moved/wasn't convinced' by the acting.

Either you accept the acting and all the rest of it falls into place, but to people who didn't accept the acting, there isn't much you can tell them except to stick to animated movies, because if the tremendous world-wide recognition of great acting didn't reach them, they obviously wouldn't know great acting if it bit them on the @ss.

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 02:04:56 pm »
I voted for the "unbelievable love" one. For me, BBM featured the most passionate and convincing romance I've ever witnessed unfold on screen.

All of them irk me though...
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 05:51:37 pm »
I voted for the "unbelievable love" one. For me, BBM featured the most passionate and convincing romance I've ever witnessed unfold on screen.

All of them irk me though...

Agreed.  And agreed.  They wouldn't live inside our hearts like they do if their love had not been believable.  I honestly think that the people who think otherwise have holes in theirs.
No more beans!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 08:52:56 pm »
I hate when I read that some people thought it was too slow and boring.

Too slow?    How fast should 20 years go by?   Geez!

I think most of us just keep craving more of our boys.   It could be a 10 hour mini-series and I'd still want more!

;D

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2006, 03:06:22 pm »
I picked the "overhyped/just OK" response because I just had an old friend, a classmate from graduate school, write me that he found the movie "much ado about nothing"!

I'd slap him if I could reach him. (He's in London and my arm isn't that long. ...)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2006, 06:22:23 pm »
I hate when I read that some people thought it was too slow and boring.

Too slow?    How fast should 20 years go by?   Geez!

I think most of us just keep craving more of our boys.   It could be a 10 hour mini-series and I'd still want more!

I hear that, David.  It goes by way too quickly for my liking.  Has from Day One.
No more beans!

Offline iheartBBM

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • Harold Ramis Forever
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2006, 03:43:16 am »
It is so hard to choose which one is the worst, I almost which there was an "all of the above" choice lol.  But of course, everyone would pick that if it was there, thus rendering the poll pointless... *sigh*

(I chose the one about their love being unbelievable, for the record...)
STRAIGHT but not NARROW

CHRISTIAN but not HOMOPHOBIC

:) :) :) :)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2006, 02:58:10 pm »
Good point, there, iheart.  (You wouldn't happen to be of iheartjake fame, would ya?  ;))

I voted for the "they have sex too early in the relationship..." one because it bugs the bejesus out of me that no one ever makes the same observation about Jack and Lureen.  Sure as shite, another ex-friend saw it for the first time Wednesday night and reported that f***ing criticism to me.  Picked the wrong person to utter that one to, let me tell ya.  Of course I shot back with the Jack/Lureen double-standard response.  She had to admit I was right.  Must have killed her.  Too bad it didn't really.  (j/k, of course.  Mostly.)
No more beans!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2006, 07:39:38 pm »
I get so sick of hearing about the so called 'agenda'.......get over it!  y'know?