Author Topic: Australian BBM Poll - Vote Now!  (Read 7862 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Australian BBM Poll - Vote Now!
« on: December 04, 2006, 02:56:41 am »
This will only take a few minutes of your time. You don't have to register or join anything. There's only one question to answer - What was your favourite movie in 2006? The highly regarded Australian TV movie review program, "At the Movies", is conducting its annual viewers' poll for 2006 (BBM was released in Australia on 26 Jan 2006). Everyone is entitled to 3 votes per e-mail address. For example, I have 7 e-mail addresses and for each address I can vote 3 separate times. Therefore, I have voted for Brokeback Mountain 21 times!!! Anyone can vote. You don't have to register or join anything. To lodge your vote/s, go to www.abc.net.au/atthemovies and click on the "2006 Viewers' Poll" at the right of the screen, and then tick the box alongside Brokeback Mountain. The Australian ABCTV network will send a confirmation e-mail message to the e-mail address you nominate (the Subject will be "At the Movies: Confirmation of Vote Required").  Important - In order to formalise your vote, you must click-on the hyperlink in that e-mail, thus confirming your vote. If you don't do so, your vote will not be recorded (the confirmation should arrive within a couple of minutes - if it doesn't arrive in your main mailbox, check your bulk mail). The poll closes on 12 Feb 2007. Spread the word. Do it for Jack and Ennis! Heath is Australian - make him proud!
LOL
Kerry

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

mvansand76

Re: Australian BBM Poll - Vote Now!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 07:45:52 am »
Thank you Kerry for letting us know, I posted my vote! Welcome to Bettermost by the way!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 10:43:49 pm »
Everyone is entitled to 3 votes per e-mail address. For example, I have 7 e-mail addresses and for each address I can vote 3 separate times. Therefore, I have voted for Brokeback Mountain 21 times!!!

I had a private comment that what I'm proposing is unethical  ::) Well, all I can say to that, is that the members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences treated Heath, Jake, Michelle and BBM unethically (homophobic and bigoted, too), so let's get back at them?  :laugh: What's good for the goose, is good for the gander!  ;)

Vote today!  ;D

Kerry  :-*
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 04:02:39 am »
I had a private comment that what I'm proposing is unethical  ::) Well, all I can say to that, is that the members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences treated Heath, Jake, Michelle and BBM unethically (homophobic and bigoted, too), so let's get back at them?  :laugh: What's good for the goose, is good for the gander!  ;)

Vote today!  ;D

Kerry  :-*

Well that's just silly at best and sanctimonious at worst that someone would say that to you.  The guidelines say three per e-mail address I am certain that the organizers realize that many people have more than one e-mail address and therefore vote more than 3 times. In fact they are probably counting on it to prove they have a large readership to their superiors.   To call you unethical for using the system they put in  place is absurd.  No different than site's that let you vote as often as you like, for instance the MTV Movie Awards site.  Thanks For posting this Kerry, I voted for all three of my addresses, that's 9 Brokeback votes for me  8)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 06:49:54 am »
I voted for all three of my addresses, that's 9 Brokeback votes for me  8)

:laugh: Fabulous! Spread the word!  :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 09:46:39 am »
:laugh: Fabulous! Spread the word!  :laugh:

well I am not Australian...but I have four five six email addresses...I think...maybe more... ;D ;D

think I can vote??? (or would THAT be unethical??)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 09:27:40 pm »
well I am not Australian...but I have four five six email addresses...I think...maybe more... ;D ;D

think I can vote??? (or would THAT be unethical??)

Go for it!  :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
Re: Brobeback Mountain Poll - Vote Now!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 01:13:16 am »
Just a little bump for this important thread.

Kindly read my original message and be sure to lodge your vote for our favourite movie. You don't have to be Australian. You don't have to register. It's open to everyone. And you get to vote 3 times for every one of your e-mail addresses.

The important thing to remember is that you must acknowledge your vote when you get the return e-mail from The Movie Show. If you don't do this, your votes won't be recorded.

I'm stressing this because Heath is Australian and I would love to see Brokeback Mountain do well in this Australian poll, particularly for his sake.

Speaking of our Heath, there was an article about Heath & Michelle in the Australian press today, with an accompanying photo of them.  Well, though I love them dearly, I must say they looked a fright LOL!   :o Dressed casually in shorts, with rubber thongs on their feet (Michelle's were lilac!), I'm tempted to send them an iron LOL! They obviously don't own one LOL!   ::) Hee-hee!  :laugh:

Here's the press article that accompanied the photo:

Scraggly Heath
Heath Ledger may be a top actor, but a Perth hotel was ready to "quit" the Brokeback Mountain star when he rocked up recently looking more like a hobo than a Hollywood hit. Ledger and partner Michelle Williams arrived at the Raffles Hotel for a meal but staff were about to turn him away for looking too casual. "He was scruffy as an old dog, with his face hidden under a cap," a fellow diner says. "But once they realised, all was forgiven and they got silver-service treatment."

Vote today!  Spread the word!  ;D

Kerry   :)

« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 06:39:39 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 12:37:06 am »
Okay Kerry. I did it!

Thanks for telling us about it.

I'll be sure to tell my friends about it too!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 07:26:02 am »
Okay Kerry. I did it!

Thanks for telling us about it.

I'll be sure to tell my friends about it too!  :)

Yee-haw!!!    :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν