Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 532590 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #390 on: December 10, 2006, 06:10:40 am »
I caught up on all the chapters!  YAY! 
It is 3 am over here, I am buzzed from the wine I had all evening, yet when I got home, I thought about what Nick and Jeremy were up to and caught up on my chapters ... lol  Talk about obsession!!  ;)

Spoilers......

My heart is breaking for Nick.  He is so self-destructive and has such a low self-esteem .. Who woulda thought it?  What can I say, looks can be deceiving!

He has referred to himself as "poison" no less that 3 or 4 times so far and it breaks my heart.
I am not even angry at him for potentially fucking up things with Jeremy, I just feel so sorry for him ..  :'(
Nick is using sex to drown out his inner turmoil and emotional issues, pushing Jeremy away from himself as best he can, although he has confessed that Jeremy is the one he wants.  Jeremy will probably be gutted if he finds out about Nicky's little sexcapade with Ray the Lumberyard jerk.  :'(

On that note, I'm off to bed ..  :-\

« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 06:13:56 am by Lucise »

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #391 on: December 10, 2006, 06:49:02 am »
SPOILER

Nick - A damaged young boy behind that confident, cocky facade. He's got a lot of growing up to to do. His meeting Jeremy may just be the start of his journey to adulthood.

Paula - Her blurting out that comment about Ellery's ring was embarrassing. But she is deeply attracted and off balance around him. She was surprised and dismayed to see the ring and and she let it show. Search your collective memory banks people. It happens!

Jeremy - Seems to be slowly getting his act together and getting a grip on the situation. Nick did Jeremy a service in awakening him sexually. Perhaps Jeremy can return the favour by awakening Nick emotionally and ethically.

PS Ellery would probably see straight through Nick's facade if he ever meets him.

Thanks for this, Jo  :)

Offline David

« Reply #392 on: December 10, 2006, 07:26:17 am »

Jeremy will probably be gutted if he finds out about Nicky's little sexcapade with Ray the Lumberyard jerk.  :'(

That is quite the understatement.   Not only will Jeremy be devastated, it will undermine any progress the two boys have made so far.

Someone (other than Jeremy) needs to sit this boy down and tell him that Jeremy is worth behaving himself over.   Damn that legbone!     We need Ennis!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 08:39:57 am by DavidinHartford »

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #393 on: December 10, 2006, 08:02:11 am »

I am not even angry at him for potentially fucking up things with Jeremy, I just feel so sorry for him ..  :'(

Ditto. He has been handed such a beautiful gift, and is single-handedly destroying it..

Offline David

« Reply #394 on: December 10, 2006, 08:08:55 am »
Well, at first I was thinking some time in a cell might be good for Nick, so he can think about his behavior.   But then again,  he might just keep thinking of himself as poison and do more stupid things.

yb

« Reply #395 on: December 10, 2006, 08:14:30 am »
After reading the last 2 chapters entitled ‘Nick’ again, I think Nick is a deeply conflicted person, his state of mind is so unstable that I don’t think Dupree should be the one responsible to guide him to the right path.  I think he should seek professional help, but that’s MVHO.

Offline David

« Reply #396 on: December 10, 2006, 08:33:12 am »
I was thinking the same thing.   Maybe he should be telling his Mom he wants to see that shrink afterall, but not for the reason she thinks.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #397 on: December 10, 2006, 09:57:59 am »
*yawn*

mornin.  I'm back at the computer, it is a cold wet afternoon in Saarland, and I'm waiting for my coffee to brew... and will by typing up our next adventure any time now.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #398 on: December 10, 2006, 10:03:57 am »
Damn, Louise - I already knew you were an excellent writer and a brave writer by virture of the Laramie Saga - but - wow!  You've got guts!  LOL!  I had long ago given up on trying to "predict" where you're going.  But I must say, even though I knew things would be complicated and difficult (can't tell a good story without conflict, right?) - I had no idea of the deep, disturbing turns the story would take.  A person who regards themselves as "poison" is a person in deep, deep pain.

It's such a pleasure to read the thoughtful, enlightened comments on this thread.  What an articulate, intelligent group your readers are!  I find myself nodding in agreement while I'm reading.  I just can't be angry with Nick, either - it's just too sad, too disturbing, and, frankly, too depressing.  

I am anxious to see how this will all play out.  Only really, really good writing can affect readers so deeply, Louise.  

Thanks - Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #399 on: December 10, 2006, 10:14:50 am »
And yes I am one of those "delurkers" that Louise was talking about earlier. Been reading Laramie Sagas since June just never had time to be an active participant. Lots of time at 3:14 in the morning though. Please somebody send the sandman and SOON!  :'(

Hi, BBMaddict - I recently delurked also.  Nice to see you.  I know what you mean about the time factor - but Louise has got me hooked so I'm doing a little less sleeping, also.  :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain