Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 527970 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #410 on: December 10, 2006, 11:02:55 am »
Ah, another wonderful bit of Ellery-speak...

“You cad.”

“Chief Deputy cad ta you, Jeeves. So we’ll play it any way ya like. Or ya can just take my offer a gettin yer face fixed up, go see a doc, get stitches or whatever ya need, have em make out the bill ta me, and stay away from the young pup in the future.”

Hee hee hee, Chief Deputy Cad!

L

I guess i was thinking what you were thinking Leslie!  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #411 on: December 10, 2006, 11:07:03 am »

I guess i was thinking what you were thinking Leslie!  :)

Great minds, great minds...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

yb

« Reply #412 on: December 10, 2006, 11:07:47 am »
Yes, great chapter, Louise.  So, Lance is indeed jealous of Jeremy.  

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #413 on: December 10, 2006, 11:30:38 am »
SPOILER

Yes, it sure was a great chapter!  Elllery is one smart cookie, isn't he?  No wonder Wes made him Chief Deputy. 

Okay - stupid question here.  Can someone help me out?  How did Lance know that Jeremy went out with the tall skinny A.D.A.?  If I recall correctly, Jeremy told Jeeves he went out with a woman - but he didn't give any details - so at first I thought Jeeves had told Lance, but then I went and re-read.  Hmmm.....?  Is Lance spying on Jeremy?  Does that sound totally ridiculous?  LOL! 

You've got my head spinning, Louise!  What an effin' mess! 

Thanks, Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #414 on: December 10, 2006, 11:35:56 am »
Hmm,  this is a no win situation for Jeeves isn't it?

Lance stormed out with a "Fuck you!"

Jeremy stormed out with a "Fuck You!"

So will this cause him to press charges?    If He does press charges, he gets banned from the bar.  His only social outlet.

But on the other hand, he just alienated the only two people he came into the bar to see!!   If he drops the charges, he will be sitting at the bar alone anyways.

If he presses charges he sits at home alone.    A lose-lose situation kinda.

Now the question is, will he press charges just to hurt Jeremy and get in a last insult before he leaves?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #415 on: December 10, 2006, 11:37:05 am »
SPOILER

in part putting two and two together, really, but no nothing was explicitly stated, though it would be common knowledge about the new Assistant DA who would be working on the upcoming murder trial.  That type of thing is in the news, and it would be known that Jeremy was involved in that case and therefore, knew her.  It wouldn't be much guesswork, even if Lance were not in the know about who Jeremy dated, that he would have gone out with a woman lawyer he worked with.

Although... it might be more believable if it did get explicitly stated somewhere.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

yb

« Reply #416 on: December 10, 2006, 11:43:48 am »
I do think Lance is a very observant person, it'll be easy for him to put things together. 

I don't think Jeeves will press the charges, Ellery didn't give him any choice actually. 

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #417 on: December 10, 2006, 11:46:22 am »
Meanwhile.....back at the Sheriffs station

.....Let's hope this bad boy does some repenting.    >:(

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #418 on: December 10, 2006, 11:48:47 am »
SPOILER

SPOILER

in part putting two and two together, really, but no nothing was explicitly stated, though it would be common knowledge about the new Assistant DA who would be working on the upcoming murder trial.  That type of thing is in the news, and it would be known that Jeremy was involved in that case and therefore, knew her.  It wouldn't be much guesswork, even if Lance were not in the know about who Jeremy dated, that he would have gone out with a woman lawyer he worked with.

Although... it might be more believable if it did get explicitly stated somewhere.

Ahh . . .  well that makes sense, Louise.   Especially when you consider that Lance (as well as many others in the bar) are spending no small amount of time pondering the Jeremy/Nick/Jeeves situation.  Sheesh - and Jeremy thought women were trouble!  All he needs now is for the stalker nurse to show up (and NO, that's not a request!) LOL!

Thanks again - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #419 on: December 10, 2006, 11:54:59 am »
Meanwhile.....back at the Sheriffs station

.....Let's hope this bad boy does some repenting.    >:(

yee HAW.  It's the repenting that is the best part!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”