Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 534925 times)

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #690 on: December 14, 2006, 04:51:25 am »
Note: The numbering of the latest chapters is out of order.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline richardg49

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • 'Keep on trucking'
« Reply #691 on: December 14, 2006, 05:13:00 am »
God there was never so much fun to be had since dressing up Ken and Barbie (or should I say Ken and Ken!)

You may have been a Ken and Barbie dresser-upper, but I never had the opportunity!!!   ;)
I gave him what I hoped was that hopeful innocent puppy look that said “don’t you just want ta rub my tummy” rather than that hungry, ravenous wolf look that said “why don’t you just come out a that brick house so I can eat you up little pig?” LVH: 'What I did on my Day Off'

Offline moia

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #692 on: December 14, 2006, 05:35:24 am »
I went offline yesterday and didn't come back cause I had things to do...
you... do know, I hope, that I was kidding about the "Dem Legbones" story!
Oh, I feel really embarrassed now - I'm too gullible! I knew it would be odd for Louise because the sex is important for her writing, but I don't know, I wouldn't mind reading about Ennis in bed for three weeks ;) Even if he would be cranky and bored out of his mind and they couldn't get it on with Ellery, I'm sure they talked a lot and had many tender moments. But I suppose we heard of that by the way in any case already. And if Louise had really meant it, she'd have written it in the Red Stallion already right? Gah. ::) *hides below desk*

*climbs back out*
I think I know now what it feels to me would be a good ending or closure for the Dupree's Choice (even though I don't really want it to end  :-\) Jeremy saying to Nick he loves him  ;D

I feel there's probably not enough time if Louise is ending it on Friday to have Jeremy's parents drop in unannounced and for everything that would bring along. The other things I would think would help him in being open about his choice is having an open conversation with Paula about him liking her, but having a boyfriend or you know, one of those gossipy scenes in the police department where Jeremy works and him admitting to his colleagues he's seeing someone :) and whom. but if he doesn't admit to it now, he sure will at the reception! I mean, he will no doubt be invited because he is Ennis's good friend and all and if this story ends as I see it ending at the moment, he sure will bring Nick along! :D And introduce him to Tooey and Sanches etc. perhaps? :D

Note: The numbering of the latest chapters is out of order.

It confused me as well. I don't know if it is out of order (it sort of feels like it is) or if Louise couldn't post them in order due to lj acting out? Just wondering. They are posted as follows:
2006-12-13 18:18:00 42. Chas
2006-12-13 18:26:00 44. Nick
2006-12-13 21:26:00 43. Jeremy
And Louise if you don't know, there is backdate posting possible on livejournal, so if they are titled correctly but not posted in correct order, you can fix it by making a backdated entry.

Offline moia

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #693 on: December 14, 2006, 05:47:24 am »
You may have been a Ken and Barbie dresser-upper, but I never had the opportunity!!!   ;)
If I was still playing the Sims 2 game I would have so made a Laramie neighbourhood by now and all of these characters would be there :D But it's too addictive for me, I uninstalled the game and haven't played in a year because I just can't stop once I start playing...

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #694 on: December 14, 2006, 06:07:28 am »
EEEK!  Livejournal hates me.

Okay gang... I managed to recreate an entry for Chapter 44 and have manually copied comments (so they all, embarrassingly enough, appear as if I wrote them complimenting myself.

New link to chapter 44 now appears properly in order.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/181834.html

I tried backdating that sucker till the cows come home and absolutely no luck. I believe they did some sort of software upgraded that is playing havoc with backdating, and did it right when I was trying to post chapter 44 at midnight last night, and so it got lost in the ether.

No clue - LJ hasn't been back to me, but I will go back and update the link for 44 to reflect the NEW ch 44.  EGAD!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #695 on: December 14, 2006, 07:00:22 am »
Early breaking update, because I drank WAAAY too much coffee last night and hardly slept at all.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/182134.html  "45: Lauren"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #696 on: December 14, 2006, 07:18:51 am »
SPOILER:  CHAPTER 45

Oooooooo!  the confrontation we all anticipated!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #697 on: December 14, 2006, 07:42:35 am »
don't tell me I've become predictable!  DANG!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/182505.html  "46:  Jeremy"

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #698 on: December 14, 2006, 07:58:26 am »
Okay, folks.  As you know, I did post a poll some weeks ago for "What Should Dupree Do"? back when I was writing the Red Stallion and I didn't know what that boy was on about.

And the winner of the poll was "Get it on with Jeeves."

And try as I might, and to the dismay of Jeeves-boosters (and yes, there are more than three of you, as well as the ones who took the poll - I think Jeeves won with 11 votes), I could not make it happen with Jeremy and Jeeves.  (However, much to the delight of Milli and the Nickilator fans.)

However... that leaves us with Jeeves, not quite as happily nesting with Lance the kinky bottom boy and former carpet-layer and server, and that somehow doesn't seem right either... not over the long term.  So, after mulling this one over for at least five minutes, I decided that Jeeves's story is not over.  He still has too many names, and we haven't cleared that up, his patching up his friendship with Jeremy (who still does consider him a friend), and the problem of his finding something better to do than ordering up bigger, better and more scary items to spank Lance with.  So I will be adding a follow on Jeeves story to the list of plots in the Laramie Tales.

Our next tale, as "Dupree's Choice" wraps up in the next day, will be "What I Did On My Day Off", told from Ellery's point of view, about his meeting a 40-something ranchhand one Friday morning in May, 1984.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #699 on: December 14, 2006, 08:12:50 am »
Early breaking update, because I drank WAAAY too much coffee last night and hardly slept at all.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/182134.html  "45: Lauren"

don't tell me I've become predictable!  DANG!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/182505.html  "46:  Jeremy"

SPOILER

HOLEEE CRAP!!!!!  Wow!  What a way to start the morning!  No, you're not predictable, Louise!  Because Ray-the-perv is a witness in Jeremy's case, I figured one or the other would put two and two together, but not like this!   I never thought that creep Ray would show up at the Stallion - thought he'd be too afraid to be seen in the queer bar - but I can see he was really desperate!   What will happen in court?   

My head is spinnin'.  Love Lauren.  Gotta love Wayne (although the talk about Pinky and Wayne being so cold made me so sad). 

Could Jeremy possibly be sweeter? Damn, I love that guy!   Love that little backrub thing he does.

Great news about the Jeeves story.  I really like him - what a really, really interesting and unique character!!!  And as I've said before, the Edna in me just wants everyone to be happy!

You're the best, Louise!

Thanks, Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain