Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 534775 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #720 on: December 14, 2006, 01:31:16 pm »
And the honeymoon. We want that too please Louise, and our boys need some serious *smooch* time..somewhere nice and warm, so they can get busy with the suntan lotion. No tan lines. Remember that Leslie? ;) ;) ;D

No tan lines is right! Remember...

Alma finally seemed to find her voice. “Ennis,” she said, “you look diff’’rent.”

He laughed. “Well, I hope that’s a good thing,” he said. “I hope yer sayin’ that the Texas air agrees with me.”

Alma continued to stare at him. “You have a tan,” she said, amazed at herself as the words came out of her mouth.

If only you knew, he thought to himself, trying hard to suppress a wicked grin. Out loud, he said, “Bright sun down there in Texas. And you know I work outdoors.”

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline moia

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #721 on: December 14, 2006, 02:08:56 pm »
I would enjoy reading about Ennis and Ellery doing pretty much anything, sure, why not travelling and taking it easy. But where would they go for a honeymoon? Ennis likes riding, the only thing I can think of is what they've already done - camping or driving to a cabin in the mountains with the occasional riding trip... Do you really see them on a beach sipping on cocktails? I don't really...

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #722 on: December 14, 2006, 03:11:28 pm »
I would enjoy reading about Ennis and Ellery doing pretty much anything, sure, why not travelling and taking it easy. But where would they go for a honeymoon? Ennis likes riding, the only thing I can think of is what they've already done - camping or driving to a cabin in the mountains with the occasional riding trip... Do you really see them on a beach sipping on cocktails? I don't really...

Why not? It sure makes a change from trail riding. All newlyweds go on honeymoon, why shouldnt, Ennis and Ellery? They dont have to sip cocktails on the beach, but lying around in the sun with a cold beer or 3 sounds nice. Ellery is rich, maybe he could hire somewhere exclusive and private, just for the two of them. I quite like the idea of the two of them strolling along the beach hand in hand watching the sunset on the horizon. Sounds lovely to me.

Offline moia

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #723 on: December 14, 2006, 03:25:41 pm »
It's not that I wouldn't want to see it happen - I just don't know if Ennis would go for that. He wouldn't be able to pay for it so he would have to accept it as a gift. Did he ever see sea in his life? I just see him as a mountain loving person not sea going one.  And not all newlyweds go to a honeymoon. Did Ennis and Alma go? I doubt they had the money... And some people don't go to the beach for a honeymoon - that's why I was wondering where they would go. It would be lovely and romantic and all if they went somewhere very private and lovely, of course :) I just don't have any idea of what's there in that area that's nice... Or would they go somewhere far far away?

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #724 on: December 14, 2006, 03:36:41 pm »
It's not that I wouldn't want to see it happen - I just don't know if Ennis would go for that. He wouldn't be able to pay for it so he would have to accept it as a gift. Did he ever see sea in his life? I just see him as a mountain loving person not sea going one.  And not all newlyweds go to a honeymoon. Did Ennis and Alma go? I doubt they had the money... And some people don't go to the beach for a honeymoon - that's why I was wondering where they would go. It would be lovely and romantic and all if they went somewhere very private and lovely, of course :) I just don't have any idea of what's there in that area that's nice... Or would they go somewhere far far away?

No Ennis and Alma didnt go for a honeymoon  because they were too poor. Ellery would obviously pay for it. It wouldnt be a gift would it? It would be their honeymoon. It,s not like he,d be giving him a present. Ennis has probably never had the chance to see the sea in his life. I think he,d love it. He,ll never get a better chance whilst he,s with Ellery. I think they should go for it. Try something different instead of mountains for a change. I think walking hand in hand with the one you love, watching the sun set over the sea has got to be very romantic. Perfect for our boys. Sea air does you a world of good too. All that walking and fresh sea air would be great for Ellerys health.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #725 on: December 14, 2006, 03:42:36 pm »
Unfortunately, because of Ennis's ear, he is probably going to be restricted from flying for awhile and Ellery's back keeps him from driving long distances. Maybe they could go to Colorado Springs and spend a few days whooping it up at the Broadmoor. Go to the spa, get a massage. In 1984, they still had the figure skating training facility at the Broadmoor (that is where Peggy Fleming trained for the Olympics). I am sure Ennis and Ellery would both enjoy watching some of the future Olympians practicing their double and triple axels...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #726 on: December 14, 2006, 03:42:59 pm »
okay, maybe this got said too long ago... but  Ennis's legbone (yes, even after it gets better) prohibits him from air travel.  Ellery's backbone prohibits him from long land journeys.  Dubois and Brokeback were about as far as they could go on land without Ellery's back giving him trouble, and with the new Monte Carlo he probably would be able to travel further by land.  But not by air.  No way, no how.  Not until we get "into the future...."

So... no exotic honeymoon in the works right now.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline moia

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #727 on: December 14, 2006, 03:52:57 pm »
I think walking hand in hand with the one you love, watching the sun set over the sea has got to be very romantic.
It totally is very romantic, been there, done that  ;D

It wouldnt be a gift would it? It would be their honeymoon. It,s not like he,d be giving him a present.
I don't know, to me it sort of feels like a gift if he pays for it all *shrug*

Souxi, you are certainly very determined  :) You almost have me convinced that they would do that :)

A spa sounds like a great idea, Leslie :D Especially if they're both sort of recovering - Ellery always has to watch his back and Ennis with his legbone.

okay, maybe this got said too long ago... but  Ennis's legbone (yes, even after it gets better) prohibits him from air travel.  Ellery's backbone prohibits him from long land journeys.  Dubois and Brokeback were about as far as they could go on land without Ellery's back giving him trouble, and with the new Monte Carlo he probably would be able to travel further by land.  But not by air.  No way, no how.  Not until we get "into the future...."
So... no exotic honeymoon in the works right now.
And Louise crushed all dreams of exotic travels, oh well...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #728 on: December 14, 2006, 04:05:54 pm »
Laramie WY to Colorado Springs CO is only 213 miles. It is shorter than the drive to Riverton, which is 222 miles! Ellery could certainly make that trip in his fancy new car, with Ennis riding shotgun.

L

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #729 on: December 14, 2006, 04:09:09 pm »
see, here is where Leslie and I don't see eye to eye.

She likes place things, with place doohickey history tie-ins.
And unless I've actually been there (like, say Cheyenne, Denver, MADRID), I don't do place doohickey tie-ins.

And with that unpleasant Ellery-like prickliness, I bring you:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/182942.html  "48. Jeremy."

which, if I have properly estimated, is the penultimate, or semipenultimate chapter of this fic.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 04:15:37 pm by louisev »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”