Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 534912 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #770 on: December 15, 2006, 12:03:27 pm »
That was my thought, too. Also, the enforced abstinence seems to be making Ellery really cranky, while Ennis was a bit more thoughtful and philosophical. I enjoyed his conversations with Jeremy and would like more of those.

L

And my thought too. I totally adore this side of Ennis, love how he is such a wonderful friend to Jeremy and would also love more of those conversations  :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #771 on: December 15, 2006, 12:31:11 pm »
Since we like Ennis conversations, how about a few good Ennis quotes? This one was special to me, because I love the hair stuff...

Ennis was watching him closely, and Jeremy swallowed, feeling suddenly nervous, as though admitting a painful secret to a parent. “When Nick’s daddy showed up talkin about how mad he was that Ellery was seducin a boy half his age... I told em the truth.”

“Ya told Nick’s daddy it was you?”

Jeremy nodded.

“Well damn, boy. I guess that means you decided, huh?”

“Yeah. I guess I did. In truth though, Ennis, I got ta say. I do like women. I even like touchin an kissin em.”

“Yeah. Me too.”

Jeremy looked up at that. “Ya do?”

Ennis gave him a barely perceptible wink. “I like Ellery havin long hair cause I like playin with hair... don’t need a woman for that but not a lot a guys wear their hair long.”

“No shit. He know this?”

“He knows I like his hair a lot, it ain’t like he’s threatenin ta cut it or nothin. But don’t you tell em that, that’s just between you an me.”

“You get hard for women too then sometimes, huh?”

Ennis nodded. “He ain’t too thrilled with the idea a course, but I don’t rub his nose in it. He knows I love em, an I ain’t gonna go chasin some skirt an leave em, but what goes on in my head is private, ya know?”

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #772 on: December 15, 2006, 12:33:01 pm »
And another good one:

“Listen, Ennis, when I was talkin ta Ellery the other day about hirin Nick on part time, he said he was thinkin you could go back to the Red Stallion. An I think you better talk to your doc about that. When you finally get better from that you are gonna have ta take it easy. Maybe even takin it easy with breakin horses.”

Ennis squinted, looking out the window. “I know. I been puttin off talkin about that with em. Sort a too soon if I ain’t got better yet, but yeah, I’m gonna have ta take it easy cause the doc says after this I’m gonna have a preposition.”

“Predisposition, I think, Ennis.”

“That’s it.”

“I’m sure gonna miss ya up there, Ennis.”

Ennis smiled. “Maybe I should learn how ta be a bartender instead, give Lauren Saturday nights off.”

“Serious?”

Ennis shrugged. “Why not? Maybe I got ta find another line a work altogether. Now I got this ring on my finger it’s kind a stupid a me ta pretend that I’m livin some sort a separate life an got ta keep up thinkin I ain’t in it with a man who’s got a whole lot a money just dyin ta share it. I could bartend on Saturday night an do some a the lighter work with trainin the horses in the day as I’m gettin better... I dunno.”

“You’ve changed, Ennis,” Jeremy said, leaning back.

“I’ve changed.... yer one ta talk! Couple months ago you were goin on about bein 80% straight an right now you got ta be at least 60% queer, so how’s that for change?”

“Ya got a point there.”

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #773 on: December 15, 2006, 12:48:17 pm »
Aww thanks Leslie, they are such wonderful quotes. I don't know how many times I've read them  :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #774 on: December 15, 2006, 02:48:28 pm »
okay, here it is... the 50th and final chapter!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/183706.html  "50.  Jeremy"

As dates go, this one was fabulous!  SO sweet and romantic!  I love these boys!
YAY for Dupree's Choice! 
I left an LJ comment for you, but this first Laramie Tale was quite an amazing treat!

Cheers Ms L! 

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #775 on: December 15, 2006, 05:14:03 pm »
ol' Ennis is winning hands down - by a Legbone!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #776 on: December 15, 2006, 06:28:24 pm »
well folks, I am off to bed (yes, nighttime in old Europe) and heading out early to go see Fabienne in Belgium.

I am bringing my laptop, but mostly so I can jot down my thoughts on the new upcoming fic:  "What I Did On My Day Off", so you fanatic readers can catch up on rereading "Taking Chances", because we will be going back to that stormy night in May when Pete landed in Ennis's lap at the Red Stallion Men's Bar.  And the rest, as they say, is history.

I will be back probably by the time you folks are eating breakfast on Sunday.  Well at least you Murkins.  I'll stop by if time permits!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

yb

« Reply #777 on: December 15, 2006, 06:42:54 pm »
Louise, have a nice time.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #778 on: December 15, 2006, 06:54:52 pm »
thanks Betty.

I've already started writing and so my new post will NOT be late!

See you folks soon, I will stop in and post if I get a break and if Fabienne lets me use her computer!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #779 on: December 15, 2006, 06:57:18 pm »
ol' Ennis is winning hands down - by a Legbone!

I voted for Ennis too.
And I snuck in another vote for the Horses later ..  ;D  I miss reading about the lads riding and Ennis with the horses..

Louise ~  Have a fab time with Fabienne!!  You two eat enough chocolates for the rest of us okay?   ;)

I am taking off on holiday tomorrow too!  LA.
So the next time I chime in here, I'll be in (hopefully, sunny) California!