Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 534967 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #930 on: December 26, 2006, 09:39:07 am »
Update!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/191538.html  "10.  Let Your Heart Be Light"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #931 on: December 26, 2006, 09:52:23 am »
What a treat to wake up to a new chapter. Thank you Louise!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #932 on: December 26, 2006, 10:02:26 am »
Killing me softly

Actress Kate Beckinsale reports an interesting incident involving Hugh Jackman during the filming of Van Helsing. "He was naked in one of our scenes, and they had to wedge it all in so it wouldn't show, but it sort of all fell out, and his bits and pieces rested gently on my leg."

Rested gently? What! Not even a twitch?

She continued: "He's just the nicest man, a sane human being. It was, you know, my privilege." Words fail.

PS Kate's father Richard Beckinsale (who co-starred with Ronnie Barker in the classic British comedy Porridge) died in his thirties of a heart attack. Given the family's history of premature cardiac arrest, it it nothing short of a miracle that we still have Kate among us!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 10:21:31 am by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #933 on: December 26, 2006, 10:13:36 am »
hahaha!  Bits and pieces!  The British are always so delicate about describing sex organs!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #934 on: December 26, 2006, 01:32:21 pm »
update!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/191814.html  "From Now On Our Troubles Will Be Out Of Sight"

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #935 on: December 26, 2006, 02:12:43 pm »
SPOILER

These last chapters are great, Louise!  As always, you're keeping it real! In spite of their immaturity, I like Francine and Junior and I'm glad they will get a chance to be a more important part of their dad's life and they will get to perhaps make up for some lost time. Ellery's work is his "big picture" and Ennis's girls are, in a way, his "big picture."   I think the girls, unfortunately, have picked up some manipulative behavior that is very common in children of divorce who have felt a sense of abandonment.  You've zeroed in on this perfectly.  I think that getting away from Alma, Sr. will be a good thing for both of them, as will being around Ellery's no-nonsense attitude!   :)  I think Ellery will provide a good balance to Ennis - who understandably has some guilt issues going on.  I also think that Edna will be a wonderful influence - I can see that she knows exactly how to handle the girls - especially Francine - loving but firm.!  :)  All these things, as well as going to college should help them develop some maturity and self-reliance.  (Note to Francine:   I love ya, honey, but pouting on a 19 year old?   Not a Good Thing!  ;D

The gifts were perfect!  I can't wait to see Ellery's gift to Ennis!!!! I'm guessing it's something rather, er, private?   :laugh:

Thanks - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #936 on: December 26, 2006, 02:33:49 pm »
SPOILER
 I can't wait to see Ellery's gift to Ennis!!!! I'm guessing it's something rather, er, private?   :laugh:

Thanks - Marie

If it is what I predicted, it is a very public gift!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #937 on: December 26, 2006, 02:41:51 pm »

The gifts were perfect!  I can't wait to see Ellery's gift to Ennis!!!! I'm guessing it's something rather, er, private?   :laugh:

Thanks - Marie

Your're guessing what i'm hoping!  ;D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #938 on: December 26, 2006, 02:42:46 pm »

What did you predict david?
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #939 on: December 26, 2006, 02:45:02 pm »

Yeah, I just read a comment on LJ - must be along the lines of what your predicted!   :)  I had completely forgotten about that!  I think you're probably right - but, I can't help it, my mind just naturally heads toward the gutter when I'm around E&E (and J&N)!   :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, and thanks for the suggestions for more J&N storylines to Louise!  Keep 'em coming, David!!  (Personally, I'm dying to see the "I love you, Nicky" scene!  . . . . and the "Will you move in with me, Nicky" scene . . .  and the "I thought of something new I'd like to try tonight, Nicky" scene . . . . and, . . . well, you get the picture!

Thanks - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain