Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 535056 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #950 on: December 27, 2006, 05:19:22 am »
A bit of a spoiler, but I love this...

“Yeah, I might not a been too keen on the idea before we did our little weddin thing.”

Ellery held his hand up in the low light of the lamp, the gold ring glimmering. “I look at this about two hundred times a day, Ennis, an I almost can forget all a the stupid things I used ta call relationships before now.”

“Yeah.”

“I was right about you.”

“What were you right about?”

“I wanted ta fall in love with a man who knows what love is. And even if you didn’t live the life you wanted, and you were hidin in the closet in your relationship with Jack, you always knew ya loved em, an you knew what love is. It was somethin I had ta learn, just like learnin how ta have a family and give em things they want and need.”

Ennis reached up and took Ellery’s outstretched hand and brought it to his own lips, kissing it softly. “Thank you, darlin. Yer teachin me things too... like how not ta spoil my girls rotten.”

L

Yes Leslie, this was especially beautiful.

And i love the mentioning of the rings too, Marie.

Thank you for yet another wonderful story Louise!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #951 on: December 27, 2006, 07:40:37 am »
A peek inside the Dupree apartment......

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #952 on: December 27, 2006, 08:49:53 am »
yes, there will be a separate "Jeremy and Licky Nicky" story about New Year's Eve, I decided.  A holiday for each family!

SQUEEEEEEE!!

:-*

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #953 on: December 27, 2006, 08:51:21 am »
I hope you all enjoyed "Red Stallions for Christmas" which was only about twice as long as I thought it would be!

Love, Love, LOVED it, Louise! SO much. Thank YOU!  :-*

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #954 on: December 27, 2006, 08:52:08 am »
Beautiful pic, David  :)

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #955 on: December 27, 2006, 07:29:34 pm »
SQUEEEEEEE!!

:-*

I'm the second SQUEEEING!

I just got to computer after 2 days and red the other half of the story, ohh, it was cozy and romantic like Christmas is supposed  to be for couple in love. :)
and with the girls in Laramie there is a great perspective for new adventures ;)

thanks much Louise

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #956 on: December 27, 2006, 07:53:42 pm »
I have returned from a day of very tiring travel and visiting and ... shopping for replacement items for the apartment I am  moving from.

Tomorrow is carrying and toting and hopefully moving some of my packed bags into the new place and finishing things off here, and I am ... so... tired, and my knees and back are really troubling me.

So ... in short, since I cannot predict how much writing time I have available between doing the necessaries of moving between now and Saturday, and considering Sunday is New Year's eve, I have decided to go ahead with writing the "New Year's Eve Nick and Jeremy Story", which is of unknown length, so as to be in the season.

When I get all settled and my move is done (and I have rested up) I will be starting on the "Reception" story.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #957 on: December 27, 2006, 09:18:41 pm »
I have returned from a day of very tiring travel and visiting and ... shopping for replacement items for the apartment I am  moving from.

Tomorrow is carrying and toting and hopefully moving some of my packed bags into the new place and finishing things off here, and I am ... so... tired, and my knees and back are really troubling me.

So ... in short, since I cannot predict how much writing time I have available between doing the necessaries of moving between now and Saturday, and considering Sunday is New Year's eve, I have decided to go ahead with writing the "New Year's Eve Nick and Jeremy Story", which is of unknown length, so as to be in the season.

When I get all settled and my move is done (and I have rested up) I will be starting on the "Reception" story.

Awww Louise, hope you feel better soon! Moving is a real bitch  :(

Really really looking forward to Nick and Jeremy!  :) AND the Reception of course!  :)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #958 on: December 28, 2006, 12:20:54 pm »

Oh, no - back problems are the pits! I'm so sorry.  I'm glad you will be taking time to rest up!  All of us E&E-aholics and J&N-aholics will be waiting patiently - your stories are worth any wait!   :)

Take care - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #959 on: December 28, 2006, 12:42:57 pm »
Well, fortunately or unfortunately (depending on how you look at it), I have changed my plans and my destination, and will be going to look at something else tomorrow.

The arrangement I had set up turned out to be too expensive and too much hassle.  Advertised as $650 euro but really costs $900.  Niiiice.

So my new destination is Kaiserslautern, and if I pay them I can bring my stuff right in.  However, I am not sure when my DSL will go on, that, I have to check.  So I might be down for a day, or two, or three.  But don't despair, where there is a will, there is an internet cafe!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”