Author Topic: Thank You Brokeback Mountain!  (Read 4969 times)

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Thank You Brokeback Mountain!
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 02:03:29 pm »
Hi Vince.  Thank you for sharing your heart-felt story.  Far too many people still don't undertand the fear and isolation we face and experianced.  We've been through a lot and we are going to make it.  I'm glad BBM affected you in a very positive way.  It has done a lot of good things to many of us and make us really think about what we really want in life.  It has spawn many sites, like Bettermost, that we can pour our guts out and people will listen.  Best of wishes to you and your little darlin.  Please stay around as there are many interesting people here and lots of stuff to talk about.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Thank You Brokeback Mountain!
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 01:54:05 am »
Hey there, Rick,

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us.  It's hard to imagine all you've gone through.  It seems that although we each have our personal reasons for being so moved by Brokeback Mountain, our stories seem to have common themes - loneliness, isolation, tragedy, missed opportunities....

I hear much truth here:

When I saw Ennis looking out that window all alone it made me realize that you shouldn't give up on love and you need to take risks. I never wanted to risk the chance of being hurt again in a relationship but BBM made me realize that the alternative (Ennis) was not the way.

I am so happy for the happiness you've found and wish you all the best!  You deserve it!

...but am more convinced than ever before that individual happiness cannot be achieved if we let what others say or do restrict us from reaching for any dream or goal.

Vince - that's a wonderful way to summarize my feelings too.  I'm trying to apply many of what I call 'my lessons' from BBM to my own life.  It's no magic bullet, in my case, but I feel for the first time in many years that I am moving in the direction that is right for me.

-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."