Author Topic: Michelle Michelle Michelle  (Read 192236 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Michelle Michelle Michelle
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2008, 06:16:03 pm »
"hey, do you know someone by the name of jack?  'cause you're getting a call from him come general delivery"

I love that idea! My brother's caller ID announces the callers' names out loud. But it's in a tinny robotic voice: "Call from ... Joe ... Smith."

I'd much rather hear the announcement via Alma saying, "Hey, do you know someone by the name of Joe Smith?"

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2008, 04:26:21 pm »
LOL, so I have a question.  Are the rest of you seeing the banner ad for "Michelle Williams Ringtones" a lot of the time to the right of the screen on BetterMost near the scrolling bar? 
 ???

I'm so curious about that.  What could a Michelle Williams ring tone possibly be?  Is this ad really in reference to BBM-Michelle Williams?  I've not been brave enough yet to click on that ad.

I see it all the time as I flip through lots of different forums here at BetterMost.  The background for the ad is white and the lettering is orange and blue with an image of a cell phone.  The design of the ad is sort of minimal.

???

Hey, did you ever get brave enough to click?

(i never thought of clicking, figuring it was just a gimmick, as I think I noticed it offering various other ringtones related to the main stars of the movie)

On another topic (and I haven't read the whole thread yet), I am curious what people think in terms of Michelle's staying power as an actress?  I honestly know nothing about her other than related to Heath and Matilda.  Does she want to 'act' forever or does she have other things she has expressed interest in doing?

ps - whoops! i missed the later clarfication regardin Michelle Williams R&B artist...
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2008, 11:44:40 pm »
small pic but she looks lovely.

imdb says this about the martin scorcese movie plot: "Drama is set in 1954, U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniels is investigating the disappearance of a murderess who escaped from a hospital for the criminally insane and is presumed to be hiding on the remote Shutter Island."

Leo DC, Mark Ruffalo, and Ben Kingsley are all listed as being in the movie (all of whom I love).

Anyone think it's time for Michelle to do a light romantic comedy?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2008, 06:23:27 am »
Hey, did you ever get brave enough to click?

(i never thought of clicking, figuring it was just a gimmick, as I think I noticed it offering various other ringtones related to the main stars of the movie)

On another topic (and I haven't read the whole thread yet), I am curious what people think in terms of Michelle's staying power as an actress?  I honestly know nothing about her other than related to Heath and Matilda.  Does she want to 'act' forever or does she have other things she has expressed interest in doing?

I think she is very serious about her acting. She set out on her own when she was 15, became an emancipated minor so that she could work longer hours and have different opportunities for roles. I mentioned over on the HHH thread that I saw her in a little indie film called The Baxter right before I saw BBM and she was very good in that. I am also one of 8 people in this country who saw Deception and even though the movie was pretty bad, she did a good job.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline BelAir

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2008, 01:11:10 pm »
I think she is very serious about her acting. She set out on her own when she was 15, became an emancipated minor so that she could work longer hours and have different opportunities for roles. I mentioned over on the HHH thread that I saw her in a little indie film called The Baxter right before I saw BBM and she was very good in that. I am also one of 8 people in this country who saw Deception and even though the movie was pretty bad, she did a good job.

L

1/8?  Really?

Now how exactly did you figure that out?

;)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 07:01:28 pm »
1/8?  Really?

Now how exactly did you figure that out?

;)

I did the math.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2008, 11:20:53 pm »
I didn't realize she is in The Baxter! It's been on TV alot lately and I just by-passed it. I better go find it.

Heathen

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2008, 07:25:02 am »
At the Cannes Film Festival:

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2008, 09:45:57 pm »

Offline BelAir

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2008, 11:02:35 pm »
i just think Michelle looks so absolutely lovely in that dress.  It is good to see her smiling... rather than grimacing like in the pap pics.

Does that mean katherine keener is in the new movie?  i like her too.