Author Topic: Michelle Michelle Michelle  (Read 192195 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Michelle Michelle Michelle
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2008, 11:14:34 pm »
What a very sad article. Particularly the part where she mentions, the more time passes in some ways the more you miss someone.

I suspect Heath may not have been the perfect husband but I have no doubt they loved each other enormously.You can see it in all the photos of them together. I just do not know how you ever get over someone as complex as Heath obviously was.

It seems to be, that great artists of any genre, music, writing, acting, art et al, all appear to be tortured souls to some extent.I guess that is what produces the great works.

There must therefore be, by virtue of their complexities, a huge gap left when they go. I was one of those, who thought they might just get back together again.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2008, 06:40:46 pm »
The article is sad indeed. Even if they weren't together anymore, she knew Heath'll be there for their child. Now she's alone with her. I know she has family and friends, but no one will love or care for Matilda like her father would have, except for Michelle of course.  :(

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2008, 07:33:21 pm »
Trailer for Michelles New film 'Mammoth' this was the film she was in the middle of shooting when she heard of heaths death and she returned to complete it after the wake

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/has-moodysson-been-bitten-by-the-babel-bug-first-mammut-mammoth-trailer-arr/   :'(
Sometimes I miss you so much,I can hardly stand it

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2008, 11:16:02 pm »
Trailer for Michelles New film 'Mammoth' this was the film she was in the middle of shooting when she heard of heaths death and she returned to complete it after the wake

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/has-moodysson-been-bitten-by-the-babel-bug-first-mammut-mammoth-trailer-arr/   :'(

Thanks for posting this.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2008, 01:37:46 am »
Definitely, thanks for posting this.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2008, 10:15:38 pm »

Michelle Williams and Anne Hathaway are both nominated for best actress, by the
      Independant Spirit Awards.

Michelle for Wendy and Lucy, and Anne for Rachel getting Married.

http://www.spiritawards.com/

Beautiful mind

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2008, 02:42:41 pm »
Sometimes I miss you so much,I can hardly stand it

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2008, 02:45:56 pm »
Wow, that's a great photo, Love. 

I like the brooch; very Eva Peron.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2008, 05:21:47 am »
That's an incredible photo. 

Thanks for posting the link to the Independent Spirit Awards, Janice.  It looks like Michelle will also be receiving (with others) the Robert Altman award for Synecdoche, NY.  I didn't look it up, but am guessing it's an ensemble award, seeing as how an ensemble is receiving it, and it's named for a master of ensemble films.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2008, 05:25:39 am »
Michelle Williams' Paparazzi Problem

by Parade.com
Monday December 08, 2008, 12:00 AM

Michelle Williams, who rose to fame on the TV hit Dawson's Creek, is still coping with the death of ex-boyfriend Heath Ledger, the father ofher young daughter, Matilda Rose. 

But in the midst of her grief, she's found new challenges. In Wendy and Lucy, Williams plays Wendy, a young woman trying to start a new life with herdog Lucy after bad breaks leave them penniless and alone. She also co-stars in Charlie Kaufman'soff-beat dramedy Synecdoche, New York opposite Oscar winner Philip Seymour Kaufman. 

The star, who recently scored a lead actress nod for the Indie Spirit Awards for Wendy and Lucy, talks about her struggle with celebrity status.

Q: How did you feel about playing someone whose life is hitting bottom?

A: I kind of grew up with the idea that, 'You're an American. Pull yourself up by yourbootstraps. Put your nose to the grindstone. With a little hard work, you're going to come out ontop, kid.'  That was definitely passed on in my family. But as I got out into the world, I sawthe inequality, I saw that it wasn't true at all, especially when you hit a string of bad luck likeWendy does. And there are a lot of people like her in these tough times we're facing.

Q: Can you imagine being as alone and without friends as she is?

A: I do sometimes wish that I could live with less attention but not being totally ignored bythe world. It's very wearing to be a celebrity. I wonder if people are going to follow me or ifsomeone is going to pop out of nowhere with a camera. I get very angry but I'm trying not to let itstop me from living. You're sort of straddling that fine line between being kind and courteous andeverything that your mother raised you to be to strangers that come up and refuse to respect yourprivacy.

Q: Is acting getting easier for you?       

A: I still have to put up a fight to get the environment right on the set when I'm acting,and, as a woman, it's hard to do. You're taught to be polite and quiet so that nobody will thinkthat you're difficult. When I worked with [Philip Seymour] Hoffman on Synecdoche, I saw him get really militant about keeping people out of his eye line. Ithought, 'Gosh, I've always felt like that, but I've been too shy to really say anything.' And sowhen you see somebody else do it and still be respected, it makes you go, 'Well, I'm going to tryit too.'

Q: Any regrets about leaving your parents behind and heading for L.A. when you were just15?

A: I got so much flack for that. But I don't think that there's really any use in lookingback. Because what's done is done for good or for bad. I am thankful for all of it because it's putme in a place in my life that I am happy. 

Q: Do you ever wish you'd finished high school?

A: I went to my first year and I was like the really oddball new girl. I spent a lot oflunches in a bathroom stall kind of hiding out. I can't even imagine what kind of a person I'd beor how happy I would be had I done the normal four years and had a boyfriend and was a cheerleaderor something.

Q: Weren't you ever afraid of being alone in Hollywood as a teenager?

A: Hindsight. Isn't it great? The risks of going into L.A. at such an early age are huge. Atthe time, I was invincible. I thought I was on top of the world. I didn't realize what I was doing.But I wouldn't trade any of those experiences for anything in the world. I am who I am because ofthem. I had a lot of growing up to do and it was slammed into a couple of short years. I didstupid, crazy things. But those stupid crazy things prepared me to deal with future.

Q: What's guiding you now?

A: I think that, above all, it would be perseverance. I can't really be objective, but theone thing that I've always had is an incredible amount of determination. And I guess it's innate within everybody. It's just a survival skill.

http://www.cleveland.com/celebrity-news/index.ssf/2008/12/michelle_williams_paparazzi_pr.html