Author Topic: Michelle Michelle Michelle  (Read 193539 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Michelle Michelle Michelle
« Reply #210 on: November 06, 2010, 10:49:06 am »
Of that whole article, the part that lingers with me is this next to last sentence.

Williams mentioned that after filming finishes for My Week With Marilyn, she will be “taking some time off. I’m not working for another year.”

Must be nice when "some time off" means a year.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #211 on: December 06, 2010, 04:43:54 am »
There was a new screening of Blue Valentine. Just Jared has some new sweet pictures of Michelle, the ones with Ryan Gosling are particularly sweet.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/2501259/ryan-gosling-michelle-williams-blue-valentine-screening-09/fullsize/

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #212 on: December 06, 2010, 05:07:55 am »
Thanks for the link

Looking forward to seeing this one

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
Re: Michelle Michelle Michelle: the 'Blue Valentine' interview
« Reply #213 on: December 18, 2010, 04:02:02 pm »

http://www.popeater.com/2010/12/15/michelle-williams-blue-valentine-my-week-with-marilyn/

Michelle Williams:
Doing 'Dawson's Creek' Was 'Like Being a Mobster'

Michelle Williams, the beautiful and ethereal Oscar-nominated actress, will soon be seen alongside fellow indie icon Ryan Gosling in 'Blue Valentine,' which had its controversial NC-17 rating overturned last week. In a new interview with PopEater, she reveals why she was initially indifferent about the quasi-censorship of the film. "I didn't understand the ramifications," she admits. The 'Brokeback Mountain' actress also opens up about playing tragic characters, including Marilyn Monroe in the upcoming 'My Week With Marilyn,' and lighter things like how her daughter prefers Ginger Rogers to 'iCarly' and why she felt like a "mobster" while shooting 'Dawson's Creek' for all those years.

"You set up a shop selling pizza but in the back you're laundering money. You're doing one thing in plain sight and secretly plotting something else," she says. "I was plotting my tastes, my interests, my beliefs and hopes for what I could be."

Hi Michelle, can you just wait a second while I check my tape recorder. Oh shivers.
Did you just say "shivers"? I love it.

I did. I have a three-year-old, so I'm trying very hard not to swear. There are a lot of "shivers" and "fudges."
You should try "mercy." That's what I use.

So, were you upset when 'Blue Valentine' first got that NC-17 rating?
I wasn't because I didn't understand the ramifications of getting an NC-17 rating. I thought it only dealt with whether or not children under the age of 17 should be allowed to go and I thought, I don't know, that should be their parents' decision. But what I came to understand is the issue of censorship and also living in a culture that devalues an honest portrayal of a relationship and a sexual relationship within a marriage but then promotes violent sex and torture. Once I realized those two things were at play, I became interested.

Do you think censors have a problem with depictions of honest female sexuality?
I think about how over time what has been banned and what has eventually seen the light of day and it's [in] good company, you know? In some ways, it's a weird backward compliment because it's real, it's new and it's an audacious approach.

Well, it must have been very hard to work opposite Ryan Gosling. He's just so unattractive.
(Laughs) Hardest part of my job.

You just finished playing Marilyn. Was it amazing?
Many things -- amazing being one of them. The movie takes place when she was making 'The Prince and the Showgirl' and married to Arthur Miller. I didn't stop shooting that long ago, so I've still got one foot in it.

Did you read 'Fragments,' the book of Marilyn's writings?
Oh, isn't that a beautiful book? You know that was an auspicious day on set. We were filming at Park Side House, which is where she stayed when she was in London, and it was our first day there and it was the day the book came out and there are notes in the book written on Park Side House stationary.

Ever come home from work depressed?
Um, look, there is residue, always, always for me. No matter what the role, there's some residue and rightly so, necessarily so. But my primary commitment in this world is my daughter and I cannot commit myself, not to say I haven't, but I can't stay there.

What's Matilda (her 5-year-old daughter with the late Heath Ledger) up to?
Well, she'd have to tell you.

Is she into 'iCarly'?
No. She's into Fred and Ginger right now.

Fred and Ginger?
Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.

That's so cool.
I know, we like it equally. Don't get me wrong, she has her pop culture references, but I try to make a balance is all.

'Blue Valentine' is so intense. Was it hard to switch on and off?
It is hard but in some ways it's good because I don't have a choice. One thing about making this movie is, I had between 45 minutes to an hour of driving from where I was staying to the set everyday and it was kind of a decompression chamber. I would use that time to try and shed one skin and put on another.

I hope you take this as a compliment, but watching 'Dawson's Creek' I never thought you'd have such an interesting career.
I do take it as a compliment.

You're sort of like the female Johnny Depp. He started off on a cheesy show too.
That's a damn fine compliment my friend, wow. I said to a friend [that] being on 'Dawson's Creek' was kind of like being a mobster. You set up a shop selling pizza but in the back you're laundering money. You're doing one thing in plain sight and secretly plotting something else. I was plotting my tastes, my interests, my beliefs and hopes for what I could be.

After the show ended you must have been offered a lot of crap.
Sure, but what's hard is the aim and that you're going to fall short a little. It was never an option to me to make a lot of money or do work I couldn't get behind. That's not my nature. What is hard is living up to your own expectations. Yes, it was hard getting jobs I wanted. I was a pop tart. It took patience and baby steps. I did a play in New York that wasn't about being blonde, which led to a role in an HBO thing to a role in a British drama. As F. Scott Fitzgerald said, "Gradually, then suddenly."

Did you have to economize? Like taking the subway instead of cabs?
I don't like to take taxis anyway. I hate the thought of being stuck. I've been stuck in midtown Manhattan.
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #214 on: December 18, 2010, 04:30:11 pm »
She sounds very intelligent when she speaks

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #215 on: December 18, 2010, 06:43:53 pm »

• BetterMost Supporter!
Michelle Williams Interview on Nightline on Heath's Death; R. Gosling Joins Her
« Reply #216 on: December 23, 2010, 12:32:44 am »

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/12/22/michelle-williams-nightline-video-heath-ledger/

Michelle Williams chats Heath Ledger,
rumored romance with Ryan Gosling on 'Nightline'

by Kate Ward
Dec 22 2010 05:40 PM ET

During last night’s Nightline interview with Cynthia McFadden to promote Dec. 29′s Blue Valentine,  Michelle Williams opened up about the death of ex-fiancé Heath Ledger, who passed away in New York nearly three years ago.

“In a strange way, I miss that year,” said Williams, who coped with her loss by reading Joan Didion’s The Year of Magical Thinking,  “because all those possibilities that existed then are gone. It didn’t seem unlikely to me that he could walk through a door or could appear from behind a bush. It was a sad year of very magical thinking. And in some ways, I’m sad to be moving further and further  away from that.”

The chat, however, didn’t completely center on the tragedy. Blue Valentine  co-star Ryan Gosling stopped by to discuss their project — and to dodge rumors that the duo were dating. “You are not an item?” McFadden asked. Answered Gosling: “Creatively, we are doing it.”

See Video, click:

Also:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/12/michelle_williams_nightline_in.html

"Camping Out"

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #217 on: December 24, 2010, 10:09:49 am »
Michelle Williams still asks why Heath Ledger died
Yesterday, 06:57 pm

Actress Michelle Williams says she still can't find the meaning behind Heath Ledger's death three years ago, in a rare interview talking about the late father of her child who died of a prescription overdose.

Williams, who since the actor's death in New York in January 2008, has remained mostly quiet in interviews about her former partner, told ABC news show "Nightline" this week she could understand why the public was curious about her grief, but still could not understand why Ledger died.

"I've found meanings around the circumstance but the actual event itself still doesn't have a ... I can't find a meaning for it," she said with tears in her eyes.

The 30 year-old actress, whose romance with Ledger blossomed on the set of "Brokeback Mountain" in roles for which they both received Oscar nominations (he won supporting actor), said she had found "meaning in things and people and relationships that have sprung up and friendships that have strengthened.

"I can find a lot of meaning in that, but not in why," she said.

Williams had split with Ledger when he died but was still sharing duties raising their daughter. To deal with her grief, she said she read "The Year of Magical Thinking" by Joan Didion, the Pulitzer-Prize winning account of Didion's year following the death of her husband.

"In a strange way, I miss that year, because all those possibilities that existed then are gone," Williams told ABC. "It didn't seem unlikely to me that he could walk through a door or could appear from behind a bush. It was a year of very magical thinking, and in some ways I'm sad to be moving further and further away from it."

She said that for a time, she pondered the notion that one's life can change in an instant.

"I got kind of obsessed with that for a while, before and after," she said. "A lot of things died. There is a line from a book that gave me so much comfort and it said, "When you have truly lost everything, then at least you can become rich in loss'."

Williams, who is widely tipped to be nominated for a best actress Oscar this year for her new film, "Blue Valentine," said she aimed for a normal upbringing for Ledger's toddler daughter, Matilda.

"It is of more importance to me than anything else in my life," she said.

(Reporting by Christine Kearney, editing by Bob Tourtellotte)
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #218 on: January 06, 2011, 10:44:23 am »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/05/michelle-williams-upset-over-devastating-nightline-interview-about-heath-ledger_n_804751.html

Michelle Williams Upset
Over 'Devastating'
Heath Ledger
'Nightline' Interview

First Posted: 01- 5-11 12:32 PM
Updated: 01- 6-11 08:41 AM

Talking about late ex-fiancee is still difficult for Michelle Williams -- especially when her words are manipulated.

Williams spoke about [Heath] Ledger in a highly publicized 'Nightline' interview last week, and she told The Daily Beast  that she isn't pleased about how they presented her words.

"I just had an experience with Nightline that got edited in such a way that seemed as if I did go too far," Williams said. "It was a three-hour interview that was edited in such a way that was devastating to me."

Among a number of other things, Williams said:

"In a strange way, I miss that year, because all those possibilities that existed then are gone. It didn't seem unlikely to me that he could walk through a door or could appear behind a bush. It was a year of very magical thinking, and in some ways I'm sad to be moving further and further away from it."

It was a totally misuse of what she said in the long interview, Williams insists.

"They used those few quotes and the way they edited the piece to sell the interview, and it appeared as if I were breaking some kind of silence and sitting down with the express purpose to discuss something that is very private to me."

Actually, Williams says that she suffered a lot of loss following Ledger's tragic death.

"I experienced a lot of loss after his death," she confided. "I lost my city because of all the paparazzi descending upon us. I actually lost my journal during that time, oddly enough. I literally couldn't hold on to anything. It felt as if things were literally slipping through my fingers."

"Camping Out"

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2011, 08:13:58 am »
From the Oscars