Author Topic: Gay Outlaws Andrew & James - A True Love Story  (Read 86711 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Gay Outlaws Andrew & James - A True Love Story
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 10:56:16 am »
Wow, what a blast from the past! I read this poem as a student and was captivated by it. Thank you, Kerry!

Speaking of Annie Proulx, I went to a talk she gave one time where she discussed the letters of Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid and theorized that there was more to their relationship than presented in the old movie with Paul Newman and Robert Redford.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 03:17:15 pm »
Somehow I missed this, I am glad it came to the surface again so I could read about them. Will have to have a toast to them on the 20, instant.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 11:56:24 pm »

Wow, what a blast from the past! I read this poem as a student and was captivated by it. Thank you, Kerry!

Speaking of Annie Proulx, I went to a talk she gave one time where she discussed the letters of Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid and theorized that there was more to their relationship than presented in the old movie with Paul Newman and Robert Redford.

You're very welcome, Lee. I too find The Highwayman  captivating and usually end up in tears by the end, even though I've read it countless times and know only too well how tragically it ends. Just can't seem to help myself, I guess. It's not only the tragically doomed, star-crossed nature of the love between Bess and the highwayman that brings me undone (and reminds me of Andrew & James), but also the highly-charged homoerotic imagery employed by Alfred Noyes in describing the highwayman that sets my heart a-pounding. It's very difficult for me to read about his thigh-high boots and skin-tight, doe-skin breeches that fit "with never a wrinkle", without conjuring up a lurid mental picture. Pant!   :P

I sure would like to think Butch and Sundance had something going.  ;)  They were very handsome and make a beautiful couple. Pant again!   :D

The REAL Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid

« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:26:32 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 11:58:29 pm »
Somehow I missed this, I am glad it came to the surface again so I could read about them. Will have to have a toast to them on the 20, instant.

I'll join you in that toast on the 20th, Truman.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2010, 04:21:52 am »
bump!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/