Author Topic: What movie shall we watch next?  (Read 14928 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: What movie shall we watch next?
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2007, 05:58:52 pm »
I'm planning to watch Maurice tomorrow in between birthday chats. Lynne, Barb, everyone, please join me.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2007, 01:05:51 pm »
i just remembered a movie that I really liked a lot.  I don't know if you had talked about it here. I imagine some of you know it but it would be a good movie talk about (if you hadn't already done so).

Its "Strawberry and Chocalate" or "Fresa y chocalate" from Cuba (1994) in spanish.

It is an excellent film, I cannot believe I totally forgot about, and if you haven't seen it,  well I don't want to say much but it has a gay theme and it is very sweet and funny and a little sad.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2007, 01:25:14 pm »
I'll look for it. I just saw Pan's Labyrinth which was in Spanish and set in Spain and I also loved the films of Bunuel.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline opinionista

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2007, 08:01:17 am »
i just remembered a movie that I really liked a lot.  I don't know if you had talked about it here. I imagine some of you know it but it would be a good movie talk about (if you hadn't already done so).

Its "Strawberry and Chocalate" or "Fresa y chocalate" from Cuba (1994) in spanish.

It is an excellent film, I cannot believe I totally forgot about, and if you haven't seen it,  well I don't want to say much but it has a gay theme and it is very sweet and funny and a little sad.

I recommend it too. Fresa y Chocolate is a beautiful tale about two men, one gay and one straight, who seem to be very different but are actually very similar. It also depicts interesting images of Cuba and the cuban life, in a non stereotypical fashion. It is a wonderful  and thoroughly well acted movie.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2007, 06:04:49 pm »
Wasn't it a great movie.  It was on IFC a lot a few years back and I watched it several times.  I am not sure if it does compare to BBM, maybe somehow.  But it was so interesting to see life in Cuba and it was so sweet and well done.  I do recommend it a lot.