Author Topic: Welcome 2007. It's been a bitch of a year!  (Read 7888 times)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
Welcome 2007. It's been a bitch of a year!
« on: December 28, 2006, 11:15:55 am »
Hi Y'all.  Just wanting to wish you all a wonderful 2007 and thankyou for being part of my 2006, dragging me out of my 2005.  I hope you are all finding your way of coping, of learning, of loving.  The world is great.  I haven't watched BBM for a long time now, but the images are vivid.  Every time I hang a shirt I thank the universe that I watched this movie in time to not have to cry every time I hang a shirt.  I think of you all every second day and am thankfull that you were all there when I needed you.  Some of you became a little freaky toward the end, but I am glad for the experience of knowing you all. Freaky is okay. Freaky can help us grow.  I hope you all have grown. I am well and very happy and wish the same for every one of you who helped me to find my life.

One day I woke up and realised that I have approximately half my life to live. and I realised that you helped me realise.

Take care and I hope you find your life lust in the year of the Pig.  The Pig - "Diligent, courageous, and hateful of quarrels. The Boar is a perfect friend, but she is also shallow and rather materialistic. She is not good at handling money, yet fortune is always around her. "

So this is the year to remember that it isn't about who how much we can gain, but how much we all can lose by not seizing the day.  Hang those shirts proudly. Kiss the lips of fate.  Look up from the screen and embrace the life around you.  It's a buzz.

Take care people, here's to progress.  Here's to ending the devastation.

*MWA*
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Welcome 2007. It's been a bitch of a year!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 11:18:22 am »
So great to hear from you, Ray!! It's been a tremendous year for me and I hope 2007 will bring more of the same. That was very interesting about the Year of the Pig! Tell us more!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 11:29:02 am »
Oh Ray it is so good to hear from you. I've missed you! And you know I farking luuuuurve you!!

I am sitting here looking at my collection of BBM ticket stubs (yesterday was my one year anniversary of seeing the movie). It has been quite a year, hasn't it? I am looking forward to 2007 and what it will bring. 2006 has had its ups and downs (not all BBM related) but I like to think that BBM has helped me over some of the humps. And with every passing day, it becomes less and less about BBM and more and more about the people I have met.

Hugs to you, my friend. It is good to have you drop in for a visit.

Leslie
xo
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 02:07:41 pm »
Hi Ray!  So nice to see your name on a thread again!  Thanks for stopping by.  8)

I plan to embrace the Pig--I've been working on expanding my waistline all year.  Talk about personal growth!  ::)

Have a marvelous 2007!  :-*

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 07:33:44 pm »
Ray,

I have missed you friend.  It's great to see you around this corner again, as insightful as always, and happy!

Here's to progress, from me to you, the one and only Ray.  Have a fabulous Year of Pig!

Jenny

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 11:44:19 pm »
A little freaky? Brother, its a way of life! ;D

Thank you for my shell, it hangs upon me wall in the den.

Should old acquaintence be forgot? And never brought to mind? Should old acquaintence be forgot, and days of auld lang syne?

Not by a long shot.

A happy and peaceful year of the pig to you and yours.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 12:48:15 am »
Good to hear from you Ray

Thanks for your wonderful words.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 01:05:05 am »
                            Oink

Heathen

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 03:20:32 am »
great to hear from you Ray. beautiful and inspiring message. yep, this year has been a standout year for me. definitely some new highs as well as some new lows. Take care and have a good New Year, my friends.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline David

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 08:43:51 am »
Good to see your post mate!    And thanks for the PM.   

Yes, I too hope 2007 is FAR better than 2006!

The year of the pig?     I embrace my inner pig every year!   He he he!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006, 03:00:23 pm »

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006, 03:47:06 pm »
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

GELUKKIG NIEUWJAAR!!!!

(I forget how to say it in French)

BON ANNEE NOUVEAU!!  ???  <blush>

Awww! Isn't he cute.

I think he's a dog.

... or a bat.   ???
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 03:49:06 pm »
Take care and I hope you find your life lust in the year of the Pig.  The Pig - "Diligent, courageous, and hateful of quarrels. The Boar is a perfect friend, but she is also shallow and rather materialistic. She is not good at handling money, yet fortune is always around her. "

This is an eerily accurate depiction of my life right now!

2006 has actually been a really poor year for me, but I have learned a lot in it. I am glad to welcome a new year, but it is really frightening how quickly the year has passed. And to think at this time last year, Brokeback was in theatres!
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2006, 06:05:43 am »
This has been one of the most peaceful years of my life.  I pared it down to simpler and it's been sweet.

I was born in year of the pig, which makes me either about to be 12, 24, 36, 48, 60, 72, 84, or 96 years old.  One more full cycle around the 12 year calendar.

Ray, you would be surprised how often I think of you.  Anke posted a pic of her and her daughter a couple of days ago, and looking at it, and thinking how the little girl speaks (maybe only) German, I remembered your surprised delight when you talked to my daughter and heard her American accent.  I miss ya, Bud.  Glad when you pop in.

Your Ellemento
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 04:18:11 am by Ellemeno »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2006, 01:18:57 pm »
Ray! ;D

mwahhhh!!

Glad you popped in mate. I will oink oink my way through 2007 knowing that this year could be the best yet, and that it all stemmed from brokeback and a realisation of what I needed from life was to relax and take things as they come - and ENJOY it!

we do indeed farking lurrrvvveeee you!
x
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 05:48:57 pm »
Sorry to tread on your toes here Ray and is it too childish if I say, "What he said" ::).
Totally agree with all you have said m'dear as most of it is true for me too. I know I haven't been the best bettermoistian recently and I'm not going to promise to be either cause I have recently learnt 1) I have no time with school and 2) You can't have two obsessions at the same time and maintain both seperately(damn the Feeling and their bloody charm...what is it with me and gay men, seriously?!)
I'm not saying this is "goodbye" persay, just see you around. And if you ever need me don't fail to give me a kick up the arse(not litteral please, via PM) and tell me to "Get your ass in on here!"
Love y'all
This is Becky loving and seizing...

P.s I am still coming to Alberta if any of you were wondering...see not goodbye, just "See you in July" if not before. ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

moremojo

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 08:58:24 pm »
Ray, I just now came across this latest post from you, and was so cheered to see it. Eloquent, heart-felt, and 100% Ray...just the right touch to this still very young year! I hope 2007 is treating you well, and that the next twelve months see lots of repeat visits from you here at BetterMost.

Incidentally, I'm supposed to be quite compatible with Pigs (or Boars, if you prefer) [Clarissa, I'm winking at you! ;)]. I'm also supposed to be well-matched with Rabbits (or Hares, or Cats, in the Vietnamese variation of Chinese astrology) and with Horses. An Ox, on the other hand, is supposed to be oil to my water. I am, by the way, a Goat (or a Sheep, or a Ram, depending on translation).

MWA right back at ya, mate!

Scott

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 05:17:50 pm »
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

GELUKKIG NIEUWJAAR!!!!

(I forget how to say it in French)

BON ANNEE NOUVEAU!!  ???  <blush>

OOOhhhh David!! Bonne Année!
Bonne année à toi, Ray, même si tu ne viendras jamais apprendre le français ici avec moi ! Dommage, car 2007 est en effet une super année qui commence...
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 08:42:17 pm »
Happy birthday, dear Becky! Enjoy your 22nd year!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 04:53:13 pm »
Im friends with becky on facebook - she is doing well and is all finished uni now!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2012, 12:46:45 am »
Im friends with becky on facebook - she is doing well and is all finished uni now!

Wow, the girl really grew up! Good to hear she's doing well. :)