Author Topic: No more Gay Bashing in 2007+  (Read 132509 times)

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
Re: No more Gay Bashing in 2007+
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2008, 03:46:35 am »
Merci Br. Patrick !

Did you create that drawing  ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

No, It has R K Andersen (sp?) as the artist on the bottom.

{{{  hugs~!   }}}

br. p
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2008, 10:28:18 am »
Merci Br. Patrick !

What did these two First Nations guys talked about with you... may I ask?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2008, 11:44:51 pm »
Merci Br. Patrick !

What did these two First Nations guys talked about with you... may I ask?

Au revoir,
hugs!

I just walked up to one of them and asked if he was First Nation or just dressed that way.  He said he was First Nation and seemed pleased.  I then showed my (now corrected) ignorance and asked "Which Tribe?" and he said Ojibwa.   I told them I have a friend (in Illinois) who is part Chippewa and he said that they were the same thing.   I knew that and nodded so.  He said "divide and conquer..." and I agreed with him.   I then told them I had a friend in Quebec that I communicate with on the Internet.  I told him I didn't know which 'tribe' (now corrected.. ( I should have said Nation.. )).  Then he went back to his work but seemed pleased at my interest.

You have raised my consciousness greatly in how I react to First Nations.   Now I have to learn from you what is right and wrong to say.   I know of the problem with the word "squaw" but not much else.  But just knowing that your proper title is "First Nation" for all the Nations is something I will never forget.    Even before it was 'politically correct' to portray First Nations as the 'good guys' in movies, I always felt that it was YOUR land after all.   I am proud to know a gay brother who is First Nation.

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p

Offline Artiste

« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2008, 09:49:03 am »
Merci Br. Patrick !

Your post is appresiated like your ways were with that First Nation Ojibwa was too!!

Yes, it is very bad to use the word squaw !

Did you get his name ?

Talking about names, I noted that Gladys, my First Nation Ojibwa lady friend, never wrote Miss nor Mrs. in her letters !! But I kept writing on my envelopes Miss, since she is not married, when I sent her letters! So, I asked the art gallery director who is also Ojibwa, and he told me that Mr., Mrs., Miss, etc., are nominatives that Europeans brought over! Since, the Ojibwa never did used those words, they still do not. So, it is this culture now for me to write ONLY: Gladys and her last name... now when I write to her!

Much I can learn yet!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2008, 07:16:39 pm »
Hi there, Brother Patrick!

It is good to see you online!  :)

I was thinking of you earlier this month because of the anniversary, but I have not been online much to post.  I hope you are doing well.  I miss our chats.

I lost several movies in my detritus moving from Cali to Seattle, which I finally found today (stuffed in the back pocket of a work-type portfolio of all places.  ::)

At any rate, Victor/Victoria was among the missing, so I'm going to watch it tonight before I send it back to Netflix for my refund.  ;)

Much love to you *always*,
Lynne
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2008, 04:34:38 am »
Much I can learn yet!

Au revoir,
hugs!

See? You have raised my consciousness further!  I did not ask the Objibwa his name.

{{{  hugs~!   }}}

br. p

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2008, 04:44:02 am »
Hi there, Brother Patrick!

It is good to see you online!  :)

I was thinking of you earlier this month because of the anniversary, but I have not been online much to post.  I hope you are doing well.  I miss our chats.

Much love to you *always*,
Lynne
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

I thought my anniversary would make me happy but it only made me 'homesick.'  Things are so "right" there.   Polly is very busy and rarely has time to email and I lost my friend MaryBeth when I came out to her (says a lot about HER, doesn't it?) so YOU, my dear, and Milli are my only communicating girlFRIENDs!

That makes me very happy.   Hope things are working out 'perfectly' for you~!

{{{{  Much Love~!   }}}}   :-*

br. p

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2008, 08:11:19 am »
I should send MaryBeth a condolence card, she has lost part of herself and don't realize it.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2008, 09:28:23 am »
Does he know that you took that photo of him Br. Patrick ?

May I ask... Br. Patrick.

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2008, 03:36:50 am »
I should send MaryBeth a condolence card, she has lost part of herself and don't realize it.

She's the pastoral minister at church and she used to be a Dominican Nun; she always said she couldn't handle it because of all of their 'nunny' ways.  Since she is so warm and accepting as a person, I never connected the dots...  Until she visited me one day after I had found out that Janice's brother committed suicide because the Doctor's told him he was probably homosexual;  I thought Janice was talking about an event years ago - when homosexuality was still on the books as a 'mental illness' but no~!  It happened around 1995~!!!!  I have this problem with anger.  If I get angry and there is adrenaline in my system, it turns into RAGE~!   Marybeth saw me that morning and I was pissed off, to say the least.  (I now have a medication that stops the possibility of this happening.)

When I told her that I came out at 19 in 1973, I was comparing dates.   It was OK in 1973 -  and not in 1995????   She saw me at my worse and said later she could no longer have me as a friend because of the rage.  Now this is the same woman, who in 2004, acting in her capacity as a Registered Nurse, helped me get to the Psych Unit in the hospital because I had had a breakdown and was RAGING to her, calling her every name in the book!

I didn't try to hide anything from this woman.  I have a 3'x5' BBM Poster in my living room!  It seems everybody knows I'm gay once they get to know me and that is OK.  It's just with her, the subject never came up until that morning.

NOW I understood why she couldn't handle 'nunny' ways because 99% of Nuns are lesbians!  Same ratio for males in religious orders.   So, it became obvious why the woman looked so butch anyway.   She won't even admit it to herself.   You're right - she lost a very big part of herself.   Maybe what happened will turn out to be a blessing.  If one cannot accept oneself unconditionally, how can one minister to others?  I DO pray for the woman every day.

Ranting over..  Back to normal.    I really do feel SORRY for her.

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p