Author Topic: "Renouncement" - My BBM Music Video!  (Read 8338 times)

Offline You-Bet

• Jr. Ranch Hand
"Renouncement" - My BBM Music Video!
« on: April 11, 2006, 09:01:13 pm »
You are all cordially invited to the World Premiere of my first ever BBM Music Video!

"Renouncement". 

By definition "renouncement" means "to be resigned to, to give up or refuse".  Towards the end of Jack and Ennis's 20 year relationship it was clear that Jack had become resigned to the fact that he could never BE with Ennis in the way he dreamed of ("I did once").  Their final scene together at the Lake was a turning point in Jack's heart.  As he stood there looking out into the mountains...his mind raced with memories of his love for Ennis, thus begins my vision for "Renouncement".

A couple years ago I came across an instrumental CD called "Solace" by Michael Hoppe. Upon my first listen, I was deeply moved by the cinematic quality of this composition (Renouncement).

The video is a collaboration between me and my "brokie" friend/video artist Katie.  I sent her the CD along with a "scene by scene" storyboard set to the timing of the composition.  Using her amazing editing talents, she has brought that vision to life in a manner that exceeded all my expectations!  Since this is an instrumental piece we contemplated keeping some dialogue in, but in the end we both thought the composition spoke so clearly to the emotional core of our vision, we decided it would work best to let the music do the "talking".

With all due respect to Gustavo, what if BBM was scored as an epic love story?  Perhaps this may be close to that "what if".  My vision was to capture the intimate, yet sweeping romanticism of Jack and Ennis's relationship against the backdrop of nature's epic beauty.

I hope you enjoy and look forward to your comments.       :)  Michael (Mike)

Click on YouTube link below, click on "pause" and allow the video to load 100% then click "play".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPJsCQ-0Kyw       

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: "Renouncement" - My BBM Music Video!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 09:28:04 pm »
Awesome Mike!  Another well done video..Keep em coming... ;)
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 09:58:51 pm »
Very nice Michael!

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 10:05:28 pm »
 :) very impressive - I loved the music too - bravo!..............
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 11:17:36 pm »
Awesome!!!  :-*

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 11:26:37 pm »
Michael that was beautiful!  Thanks for letting us know about it.
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 11:29:59 pm »
excellent.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline You-Bet

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 11:36:44 pm »
 :) Thanks everyone for stopping by!!  

Glad you like it.  Katie and I are rather proud of our collaboration on this video.  She is indeed the one who worked her magic in the editing room bringing my "storyboard" to life!

This being my first "video" it's surreal to see my vision come to life and then be released into the world. I'm happy it's finding such an appreciative audience. :) 

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 12:13:01 am »
:) Thanks everyone for stopping by!! 

Glad you like it.  Katie and I are rather proud of our collaboration on this video.  She is indeed the one who worked her magic in the editing room bringing my "storyboard" to life!

This being my first "video" it's surreal to see my vision come to life and then be released into the world. I'm happy it's finding such an appreciative audience. :) 

I know, that's how it was for mine too  ;D

Offline You-Bet

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 12:34:19 am »
Brandon, nice to see you here (twice!).  I love your montage as well. :D