Author Topic: OT Poll - Favorite TV Show  (Read 11562 times)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
Re: OT Poll - Favorite TV Show
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 11:54:15 am »
You know, I've never watched an episode of the shows listed so here's mine:

1  Star Trek Voyager
2  OZ
3  Queer s folk - English version
4  Tales of the City
5   Absolutely fabulous
6   Roseanne
7   Simpsons
8   Drawn together
9   Young Ones
10  Futurama
11  Love boat
12 Green Acres
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 05:49:31 pm »
clarissa, i'm so glad you like living single.  it's such an under appreciated show!  the humor is so hilarious and the cast was perfect.  i'm so glad they started releasing the dvds.  i got the first season, it's priceless. 
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 09:28:18 pm »
Arrested Development

...where is this?  OK - only three seasons, and now gone for good, but it stands in my book as one of the most clever, hip and funny shows I've ever seen.  The cast/casting is impeccible, and the stories are brilliant. 

I believe that it never found an audience (although plenty of critical acclaim) because it's pace and rythym suffer horribly with commercial interruptions.  Seen on DVD, no interruptions to break the flow, it is comedic genius.  No matter how many times I see an episode, and know what's coming next, I still laugh.

And I prefer a good laugh to most anything on the planet.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 09:30:02 pm by yaadpyar »
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 03:36:59 am »
clarissa, i'm so glad you like living single.  it's such an under appreciated show!  the humor is so hilarious and the cast was perfect.  i'm so glad they started releasing the dvds.  i got the first season, it's priceless. 

I happened upon it late one night and thought it was hie-larious (and developed quite a thing for Overton).  Had a phase where watching it was the last thing I did before going to bed (unlike now where this is the last thing I do before NOT going to bed).  Like other shows, it got real dumb in the later episodes, sigh.

I never thought of it on DVD.  But I haven't watched hardly anything non-BBM-related since December 31st (first time I saw BBM).  Maybe if I'm ever ready to clear my palate...

vkm91941

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 04:14:35 am »
LOL Like Ray I don't watch any of those..Although I use to like Gilmore Girls it's first couple of seasons.  Here's my list:

Prison Break (Wentworth Miller alone is worth an hour of my time once a week)
CSI
CSI Miami
Nip/Tuck
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Deadwood
Six Feet Under
Wire in the Blood (BBC)
Dirty Jobs
vintage Twilight Zone
Inside the Actors Studio
Histories Mysteries
Biography
Ballykissangel ( also BBC repeated on PBS)
and I love the sit com's on the BBC, some of which repeat on PBS here, Are you Being Served, The Vicar of Dibley, Chef, My Family, Waiting for God...the Brits do comedy so much better than we do in my opinion.

Also was a devoted X-Files fan and watch the re-runs on the late night Sci-Fi channel when I can't sleep.

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 01:54:25 pm »
I am a devoted fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That is probably the only show I've ever really been hooked on. I loved the writing because the show was always exploring new angles to keep the ideas fresh. The characters evolved beautifully from the beginning to the end of the series, like how our dear Jack Twist sadly lost a lot of his adorable hope as he grew older (okay, I just HAD to throw in a BBM reference), and the actors were very consistent and authentic with the parts. Plus, it makes me laugh aloud, cry, and it keeps me thoroughly entertained. P.S. Joss Whedon is a very good director (See: "The Body," "Restless," "Once More, With Feeling").

Aside from that, I like The Simpsons, Daria, and Reba a lot. Predictably, I like Angel but I've only seen a handful of episodes. Ghost Whisperer, Family Guy, Friends, Will & Grace (early years), and Smallville are enjoyable but I do not keep up with them because they all frustrate me from time to time. (Actually, I did keep up with Friends; though very over-the-top, that show was pretty good.) I've been especially bad about keeping up with these since I saw Brokeback; for weeks, I virtually stopped watching television because of my love of Brokeback (it's hard to watch something supremely inferior to BBM and think of Jack and Ennis the entire time).

Veronica Mars is a good show as well. I've only caught a few episodes but Kristen Bell is a solid actress and really works her part well. 
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline OddlyEven

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 12:44:00 am »
I didn't vote because my favorite show(s) have already finished. I was and I still am very much in love with Six Feet Under. I recently collected all the seasons on DVD and now I'm even more in love with it. I think next to Brokeback Mountain, Six Feet Under is my other passion of the moment.
Be my friend, hold me, wrap me up, unfold me, I am small and needy, warm me up and Breathe me.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 05:05:34 am »
Don't watch any of those either (though taped all of LOST first season, but haven't watched it yet).

I like:
CSI
Without a Trace
Nip/Tuck
Six Feet Under
Wire in the Blood (BBC)
Will & Grace
L&O: SVU
[not too many, or I'll never stop watching TV..]

I liked watching
Queer s folk - English version
Queer s folk - US version
Once & Again
Friends
the OC
The Guardian
Cutting It (UK)
OZ

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 10:34:16 pm »
Current favorites?

LOST

The Amazing Race.

West Wing

Survivor

Boston Legal.

Invasion

Surface.

Simpsons.

Sopranos.

CSI: Las Vegas

Desparate Housewives

and for past shows....

Seinfeld.   "Serenity Now!   Serenity Now!"   Del Boca Vista indeed Barby!   LOL

Cheers

Taxi

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Green Acres

Rockford Files

Are you being Served?

Magnum PI

Columbo

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 02:13:57 pm »
Hmm. Of those listed, it would have to be Lost.

But my current real favorites aren't on the list: CSI and Medium, with Law and Order: Special Victims Unit a close second.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.