Author Topic: OT Poll - Favorite TV Show  (Read 11629 times)

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: OT Poll - Favorite TV Show
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 11:51:27 pm »
Of the ones listed, the only ones I ever watch are The Daily Show and Gilmore Girls.

I used to watch more TV when I was little. I was a big fan of Nickelodeon in the 90s (Clarissa Explains It All, The Secret World of Alex Mack, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Pete & Pete, etc.). Before you laugh, remember that I'm 19 so I was the right age to like those shows. I also liked Nick At Night (I Love Lucy, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Taxi). I used to love Buffy, but I haven't seen it in years now. Seinfeld is good too. Don't laugh at me, but I watch One Tree Hill and The OC when I can. My dad got me liking Law & Order, but I don't think I've seen a single episode since I left for college. The Iron Chef makes me laugh.

Oooh, and I just remembered that in middle school I used to love watching Wings, but only in the summer because it came on at like 10am. I also used to like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. And one of my favorite memories is going to watch Power Rangers with my brother in his room EARLY Christmas morning before we'd go wake our parents up when we were really little.

Haha, so those are the shows I used to watch. I hardly ever watch TV anymore.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 11:55:10 pm by cmr107 »

Offline Wxaupe

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 10:47:12 pm »
The only one I watch on your list is Six Feet Under,but my favorite is Rescue Me.

TJ

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 05:17:50 pm »
The TV series, "Green Acres," was a spin off of "Petticoat Junction." Some of the characters of the Junction were also in Acres at the same time. The female lead of Acres was the mother of Jethro Bodine in "The Beverly Hillbillies."

I am in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The oil company which got the oil on the Hillbillies' place was located in Tulsa. At the time the series was started, there were people living in extreme NE Oklahoma nd NW Arkansas who were a lot like the Jed Clampett folks, aka the Beverly Hillbillies.

My favorite TV shows in the 1950s were first of all, the Warner Brothers Studios westerns which were on the ABC-TV network on Tuesday nights, Cheyenne, Sugarfoot, and others. I liked those manly cowboys in those shows.

My favorite monday night comedy show is "Two and a Half Men." I do have some favorite shows on the Food Network and HGTV. I don't like just "anything" on those networks, however.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2006, 01:38:54 am »
I chose Desperate Housewives.... BUT ONLY because I am really an "Everybody Loves Raymond" fan. If they had only included it on the poll.

I think Ray Romano is so cute! :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2006, 01:51:41 am »
I didn't vote because my favorite show(s) have already finished. I was and I still am very much in love with Six Feet Under. I recently collected all the seasons on DVD and now I'm even more in love with it. I think next to Brokeback Mountain, Six Feet Under is my other passion of the moment.
I am so with you - Six Feet Under rules!  I got so completely invested in this family's lives, I think they reminded me of my family in different ways.  And the last episode, actually the last few but the finale in particular, is one of my favorite television moments evers.  The show felt more like a really great movie broken up into segments than a tv show. 

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2006, 02:03:03 am »
And where are the MSTies at Bettermost?  Shout out to Mystery Science Theater 3000, probably the geekiest show I ever loved.  Clarissa I love a bunch of your choices too:  I Love Lucy (the greatest show ever!), The Simpsons, The Carol Burnett Show ("I saw this in the window and I just couldn't resist"), Roseanne.  The episode called Home on the X-Files was like The Exorcist of tv episodes.  For miniseires, Tales of The City, Queer As Folk (the UK version def) and Brideshead Revisited).

Juan
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 02:06:32 am by JCinNYC2006 »
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 02:06:43 am »
Hey, this was a great thread while it lasted! Maybe some Bettermostians haven't seen it yet....

BUMP!!!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 02:05:50 am »
"Real Time," with Bill Maher, HBO.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2007, 05:03:33 pm »
I like "Real Time" too, Julie.  Bill Maher is absolutely fearless.  Sometimes he irritates me a little, but I always admire his candor.

No more beans!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2007, 02:47:05 am »
Thanks for bumping this thread.  I answered back in April and have new answers now.

My only two required shows to watch are happily on several times a week.  I TiVo Arrested Development (Thanks and blessings to Yaad Pyar, whose effusive praise convinced me to rent it on DVD.  Genius!) and The Colbert Report (I know some people find him insufferable, but I find him hilarious, cute, and courageous.)  My slightly embarrassing vice is Psych, very cute and funny, even if the plot lines are a little lame.